November 28, 2014 | 1093 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Cannonball

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by bamagirl417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara so much because it makes my lashes super long. That being said, its awesome staying power is a blessing and a curse. While it's pretty awesome when you're living in 90+ degree heat and a ton of humidity not to come home looking like you've been punched in the face, the stuff is dang near impossible to get off. Like, I feel like I need to add a jackhammer to my beauty product stash.

I would buy it again, but I also think I'd want to try out other waterproof mascaras before doing so.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by idigdirt

I have been on quest for a mascara that doesn't travel. High end, low end. Nothing stays put. I found one or two but the application was so unremarkable. Hardly could tell I had lashes. BE Buxom is about the best I could find but it seemed to dry out so quickly. I just picked up Cannonball this past week and so far so good. I like the slim brush. It is able to get into those tight places in the corners. I hate those big fat brushes for this reason...I cannot get into those spaces. I have had no smudges or raccoon eyes using Cannonball. The application is nice, goes on well and a second coat gives me what I'm looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

My Asian lashes go straight down and hold zero curl with any mascara that is not waterproof.
This mascara is the best curl my lashes have managed to hold, and all day at that. It also gives my lashes some wonderful volume, and as long as I have properly cleaned my lashes the night before, theres no clumping.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I didn't love this as much as I do! I have short, stick straight lashes and hooded eyelids that fold over my lashes, causing smudges and causing them to lose their curl. This mascara has fibers which helps extend my lashes and it is waterproof to keep from smudging and losing a curl. I really love the wand, and the formula. It is $20, which is a bit more than I would like to pay for mascara that needs to be changed in around 3 months, but it is good! I will purchase when I feel like spoiling myself (and when I haven't spent all my money on other makeup...heh). Covergirl's Clump Crusher is my favorite drugstore mascara, but UD Cannonball is definitely my all time favorite mascara! HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this, I hated it. The formula didn't blow me away and my eyelashes looked lightly defined. I spent $20 + tax on this?! I threw this back into my makeup drawer and went back to my Maybelline Full 'n Soft.

Two weeks later, with vegan documentaries lingering on my mind, I decided to give this mascara another shot. It's one of the few waterproof cruelty free options that are currently out there on the market that don't cost a buttload so I decided I really needed to try it out again. I don't know if that two week period helped, but the formula seemed to have thickened up a bit from the first time I opened the tube, and I found that this time, my lashes looked much fuller and lush.

Pros:
- excellent wand (very dense, short bristles so you can get in real close to the roots and it catches every lash)
- nice dark formula
- keeps my lashes curled (blinc mascara failed at this horribly)
- waterproof (I wore this to a facial and after the 75 min session ended, my skin was glowing thanks to my esthetician and my lashes were as dark and curled as ever)
- leaves lashes feeling lush (not stiff/crunchy)

Cons:
- this is a fiber mascara so you will get some fall out during the day...and my skin is oily so the fibers end up smudging on my cheeks
- cost $20 USD

I've since purchased this mascara four times and find it completely outshines higher and lower end waterproof mascaras I've tried. I toss my mascara every month so this is going to be expensive but it's the price I pay for vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMGG!! Finally I've found my HG mascara!!!!! This product is like magic! Best mascara EVERRRR~~ I have every short lashes and barely any :( But with this mascara I can have confident curled lashes!!! LOVE IT <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by kayjay287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have two criteria when it comes to mascara. The first is for it to be smudge proof. I have oily eyelids and typically suffer from raccoon eyes within 3 hours of applying mascara and eyeliner. In fact, I started avoiding mascara except for special occasions because it gets so bad. Of all the "waterproof" mascaras I've tried over the years, this one by far actually lives up to its label!!! I can't get myself to stop wearing it because I don't have to worry about it smudging off. My second criteria is for it to hold a curl. I have straight Asian lashes that point down and aren't visible unless I curl them. Usually after curling and applying mascara, they just end up flopping down 30 minutes later (another reason why I had given up on mascara). This one held my curl ALL DAY with the added benefit of adding just enough definition to my lashes. I was extremely impressed. It's almost too good to be true that after a decade, I have finally found a go-to mascara.

The price is $20 which I find to be on the lower end of the expensive mascara category. I've spent more on mascaras I didn't like, so I'm pretty ok with the price. In terms of packaging, I like the small wand so I can maneuver it more easily on my small eyes.

As a side note, I started using this mascara at the same time I bought the Shiseido eyelash curler, which I'm also loving. I haven't tested the mascara with my old less satisfactory curler, so maybe it's the new curler that is helping this mascara. Whatever I'm doing is working though. Cannonball + Shiseido curler = magic for my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kisskissbangbang1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very long lashes to begin with and purchased this waterproof mascara hoping it wouldn't transfer makeup onto my eyelid. I've been using this mascara for about 6 months now and it's definitely tear and smudge resistant! My only complaint is that this mascara is prone to clumping and I always get little mascara fibers flaking off of my lashes and into my eye. Still better than most mascaras I've tried, but not 'in love' with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The mascara does what it says it will, but nothing to write home about.
It really does live up to the ultra-waterproof claim, and it holds curve really well.
It's decent at volumizing and good at lengthening, but again, nothing to write home about.
So how much you like this is going to depend on what you need a mascara to do. If you need something that holds curl and is not going to budge, this would be the one for you.
For me, I need a lot more volume and length given how sparse my lashes are.
One thing to note: cannonball is a fibre mascara, so when I put on one too many coat, my lashes would look very "lumpy". Sometimes I also get little pieces of mascara breaking free and ending up on my face, but that's pretty minimum.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by shi1

I like this mascara. It is able to get me through a day of work followed by a session of hot yoga. It really holds a curl and makes lashes nice and separated but it does smudge if you have oily skin. Once the oil starts breaking down the mascara the waterproof power is weakened so it kind of smudges/flakes. Aside from this, its a nice mascara with a natural finish. If you don't suffer oily lids, this should work well for you. The packaging is simple but the cap locks into position well so I like it. The brush is not too large which I also appreciate because it makes it easier for small eyes and getting into corners.