Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter for Dry or Sensitive Skin

4.2

Water, cetearyl alcohol, sodium stearoyl glutamate, glycol distearate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, sodium laureth sulfate, hectorite, sodium cocoyl glutamate, dipropylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, fragrance, glycerin, phenoxyisopropanol, butyrospernum, parkii (shea butter), panthenol, xantham gum, disodium EDTA, alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, lecithin, polymnia sonchifolia root juice, palmitoyl myristyl serinate, maltodextrin, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) seed extract, gypsophila paniculata root extract, potassium sorbate, lactobacillus, methylchloroisothiazolinone, tocopherol, methylisothiazolinone, caramel, CI 77891/titanium dioxide, CI 19140/yellow 5, CI 15985/yellow 6

on 6/16/2012 5:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this. It smells beautiful, it's lovely to use. Thick, creamy and cleans really well.

on 5/15/2012 12:19:00 PM

This stuff is amazing, I have very dry and sensetive skin. Lately, I could not find anything that provided moisture to my skin no matter what I tried! A sales person at Nordstrom suggested Clarins although she worked at the Chanel counter. I am so happy to have come across this product. My skin is looking and feeling great.

It is only necessary to use a pea size amount so a little goes a long way! Give it a try, it is one of my favorite finds...

on 5/5/2012 3:42:00 AM

Pros:
Texture. Thick, creamy, easily spreadable. It does not really foam though.
Smell. Kind of sweet but not too strong.
Great for sensitive skin. It did not cause any breakouts, did not dry out my skin (still need to use moisturizers soon after though).
Price. Very reasonable at $21. Only a small amount is needed. The tube will probably last 6 months of twice daily use.

Cons:
Nothing special. It is a solid gentle cleanser good for sensitive skin and that is it. It does not make my skin any softer, brighter, fresher looking, clearer, etc. I will have to depend on my moisturizers and serums for any "extras" to my skin.
Removes about 95% of makeup (all face makeup with residual eye makeup) and has a hard time removing my sticky Shu umera mascara.

I will continue to purchase until I find something better.

on 1/22/2012 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Best cleanser i've ever used (and i've used a lot: Liz Earle, Dermalogica, SKII, Vichy Normadem, Avene, La Roche Posay... etc, none of which have done anything to my problematic skin). I have dry, sensitive and acne-prone skin which was getting drier than usual this winter. I got a small sample from Clarins and it blew me away right after the very first use. The only times my skin would feel this smooth and soft is right after an expensive facial or a thorough scrub (which i try not to do often). I've never experienced a cleanser which had an impact so immediately and i just had to buy the full size the next day. It says 'foaming cleanser' but it doesn't 'foam' at all for me and i love that fact. A tiny tiny bit is enough to give my face that post-facial feel. I'm so so impressed! This is the first ever product which i could call my holy grail!

on 1/7/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Have been using a couple weeks and this stuff rules. Every cleanser even cetaphil dries me out but this doesn't and it feels lovely. Decent price too. My breakouts have actually reduced so much too probably because my skin is being hydrated and not irritated. Don't leave it on too long though, ten seconds or less or it could potentially start to dry you out.

on 1/7/2012 4:11:00 PM

I love this cleanser it smells lovely and my skin felt so soft an supple after using it. Great for my sensitive skin, especially in the morning when my skin can be particularly dry feeling.

I would definitely buy it again..even if my student loan doesn't quite stretch to the cost!

on 12/22/2011 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Fantastic cleanser! I'm on my 2nd tube. It cleanses very well (after using my Shu cleansing oil) and leaves my skin comfortable and soft (not tight). Smell is just right too (not overpowering). Def repurchase! Price is also reasonable at $30 can.

on 11/12/2011 2:55:00 PM

Started using this a month ago and adore it. Smells lovely (worth getting into the shower first thing in the morning just for the smell of it) it's gentle and moisturising and even seems to soothe away any sensitivity that's cropped up. It has a lovely creamy texture that foams beautifully - and a little goes along way.

I've also found it leaves my skin far softer and hydrated than other cleansers and the texture of my skin does feel like it's improved (but that could be down to introducing other products to my regime too). As a cleanser, it IS gentle so you might need some back-up for removing heavy make-up. In the evening I sometime mix it with a squirt of unperfumed facial scrub (by Simple) and that seems to be sufficient to remove everything.

Intrigued to try the Cottonseed version that other reviewers have mentioned. But otherwise think I'll be sticking with this for a quite a while.

on 10/28/2011 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was reluctant, initially, even to try this cleanser since the first "gentle" wash off cleanser I had from Clarins was so dreadful it made my eyes tear and burn (and I didn't even use it on my eye area). But I got a sample tube of this and found that it was all it was supposed to be - gentle and effective and very pleasant to use. It's not the best for removing makeup, but then it doesn't purport to be a makeup remover but still, I was always a bit surprised that it didn't budge my Pro Longwear concealer, especially since it is a foaming, wash off product and it does foam up really well. Still, it's a gentle and pleasant product to use, though I often found my face didn't feel "really" clean after using it. I've recently discovered Clarins's version of this for normal skin - the companion cleanser to this one but with cotton seed extract or some such thing and I much prefer it - it is also non-drying but leaves my skin feeling like it is truly clean and it also has a nicer scent than the shea butter version. So while this is a good product and one I will keep around for use in winter or when my skin seems dry or dehydrated, it's not going to be my "go to" - that will be the "normal skin" version.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Clarins has some great cleansers! I like this one because my skin can be a bit sensitive and dry. The Shea Butter is so nice and makes my skin feel smooth and comfortable! It cleanses well and I love how my skin feels with it!