September 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter for Dry or Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ariellelh7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have been using a couple weeks and this stuff rules. Every cleanser even cetaphil dries me out but this doesn't and it feels lovely. Decent price too. My breakouts have actually reduced so much too probably because my skin is being hydrated and not irritated. Don't leave it on too long though, ten seconds or less or it could potentially start to dry you out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by elleabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser it smells lovely and my skin felt so soft an supple after using it. Great for my sensitive skin, especially in the morning when my skin can be particularly dry feeling.

I would definitely buy it again..even if my student loan doesn't quite stretch to the cost!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Fantastic cleanser! I'm on my 2nd tube. It cleanses very well (after using my Shu cleansing oil) and leaves my skin comfortable and soft (not tight). Smell is just right too (not overpowering). Def repurchase! Price is also reasonable at $30 can.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by HSpencer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Started using this a month ago and adore it. Smells lovely (worth getting into the shower first thing in the morning just for the smell of it) it's gentle and moisturising and even seems to soothe away any sensitivity that's cropped up. It has a lovely creamy texture that foams beautifully - and a little goes along way.

I've also found it leaves my skin far softer and hydrated than other cleansers and the texture of my skin does feel like it's improved (but that could be down to introducing other products to my regime too). As a cleanser, it IS gentle so you might need some back-up for removing heavy make-up. In the evening I sometime mix it with a squirt of unperfumed facial scrub (by Simple) and that seems to be sufficient to remove everything.

Intrigued to try the Cottonseed version that other reviewers have mentioned. But otherwise think I'll be sticking with this for a quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was reluctant, initially, even to try this cleanser since the first "gentle" wash off cleanser I had from Clarins was so dreadful it made my eyes tear and burn (and I didn't even use it on my eye area). But I got a sample tube of this and found that it was all it was supposed to be - gentle and effective and very pleasant to use. It's not the best for removing makeup, but then it doesn't purport to be a makeup remover but still, I was always a bit surprised that it didn't budge my Pro Longwear concealer, especially since it is a foaming, wash off product and it does foam up really well. Still, it's a gentle and pleasant product to use, though I often found my face didn't feel "really" clean after using it. I've recently discovered Clarins's version of this for normal skin - the companion cleanser to this one but with cotton seed extract or some such thing and I much prefer it - it is also non-drying but leaves my skin feeling like it is truly clean and it also has a nicer scent than the shea butter version. So while this is a good product and one I will keep around for use in winter or when my skin seems dry or dehydrated, it's not going to be my "go to" - that will be the "normal skin" version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 More reviews by dioraddict84

Clarins has some great cleansers! I like this one because my skin can be a bit sensitive and dry. The Shea Butter is so nice and makes my skin feel smooth and comfortable! It cleanses well and I love how my skin feels with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by mgreen185

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this facewash! It smell so good, feels so rich, and leaves my face feeling fresh. A little goes a long way. I use it along with my MIA and my skin looks so smooth. The compliments keep rolling in. It is the first clarins product I have purchased (I wanted the gift) and I will continue to use clarins!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by aoneill78

This is the best facial cleanser I have ever used, and believe me, I have tried many. The salesgirl at the counter was kind enough to give me a few generous samples when I purchased some other Clarins products. 2 sample tubes have lasted nearly 2 weeks, as you need very little of the cleanser. A pea sized drop provides an entire face full of delightful frothy foam. I use this with the Clarisonic brush and they work perfectly together. I am down to my last sample tube and will be going back to purchase the full size as soon as I have time. I was hooked after the first time I used it, and was afraid that it was going to be very, very expensive but am pleased that this isn't the case. It's not the least expensive cleanser out there, but in my opinion, it is very well worth the cost. Also, it smells fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by estoma

Very good cleanser and will definitely buy this again.

Despite the shea butter, it cleans very well without making my skin feels tight as other cleanser would (i have tried the whitening and cottonseed, both made my face feels tight!) I thought with combination/oily skin like mine, such gentle cleanser would be too mild but it works perfectly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is so concentrated, I only need a tiny pea for my face and neck, and it lasts a long time!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No