July 30, 2014 | 1655 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I think compared to mac brushes these perform better especially in regards to the price. The shapes are also much better suited for the face and the contours of the face.

HOWEVER, i own about 15 brushes by this brand and i have to say the quality is DIRE. I've owned mac brushes for years and they perform great and they LAST! you pay a bit more but they last, by no means do i think MAC brushes are the be all and end all cause they arent, bar a few standouts like the 217, however this is the brand people compare with real techniques.

But these brushes, the more you use and wash them the more the hairs fall out and in 4 cases the entire HEAD if the brush has come out and this is after a year or 6 months of usage in some cases. I've had my MAC brushes for 5 years and not had any issue with fallout or anything.

I'll be taking my custom to waynse goss his brushes look much better, they'r pricier but i always say, invest in good brushes and you'll see a difference, they last forever, good brushes anyway. These, will not!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by southeasthtx92

Love then better then the mac brushes and NOT SHEDDING AT ALL!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Kayleemakeup

I ordered this online, so i thought the brushes would be a lot bigger compared to the blush brush i have from real techniques. I loved the cheap price of my other rt brush so i decided to get this kit

Pointed foundation brush- I dont really use this brush ever for foundation. Thats why i knocked a lippie off, but i occasionally use it for blending large areas of concealer even though i have other brushes to do that, but I find that i make myself use this brush

Countouring brush- Turns out I got used to it and dont really use my blush brush anymore. i've been using the contouring brush for blush, bronzer, highlighter and pretty much all the finishing touches, even sometimes setting powder if i have tons of time because its small.

Detailer brush- as it says, i do use this brush for concealer and it works pretty well, i tend to use it in rotation with my other concealer brushes, its nothing special. I also sometimes use it as a lip brush.

Buffing brush- this is probably my favorite brush in this set. The bristle's length makes buffing in anything kind of difficult but i really like this brush. Although mostly i grab my rt expert face brush in place of this because it works well to do almost everything on the face. I mostly use thus brush for buffing in foundation.

2-in-1 case- hmmm i guess i find myself bringing this case with my on travel because none of the rt brushes fit in most makeup bag's little brush slots and I always bring my rt brushes with me to travel. Its kind of hard to get the brushes into the elastic bands because its a real tight fit. I like that the case can hold other brushes in the other side of the case which is nice. I dont really like when you close the case it doesnt protect the brushes on all sides. I dont use the case of my vanity because its easier to stick the brushes into a cup than fiddle around putting brushes in cases in my opinion.

Overall- i really like all the brushes for the price, about 4$ a brush so cheap! They dry very quickly, i wash them at night and theyre always dry in to morning and way before that. They have no shedding after many wahses. they have sooo soft bristles, they really are cruelty free! The only dissapointing brush was the pointed foundation brush and the detailer brush was just okay.
The brushes look pretty with the alluminum handle and you can stand some of them up. Its nice they have the brush's name on the handle! I plan to order more of these, the price it great value!!!

Finally yes, i would reccomend this to a freind.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by janjan123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An absolutely fantastic product.

These brushes are:
relatively inexpensive
very soft
cruelty free
easy to use

I use the buffing brush to apply foundation, the foundation brush for concealer, the contour brush for contouring and applying blush and the detailer brush mostly as a lip brush and sometimes for precise spot concealing.

In Australia, they're available at Priceline for approximately $45. However, you can certainly buy them online for a lower price.

Definitely one of my must have items.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

What's left to say that hasn't been said. I have used every brush in this collection and was more than happy with all of them. Great quality and pricing, no shedding, they do the job and they do it well. I pretty much use them as they are labeled except for the contour brush which I use as a setting brush for under my eyes and underneath my nose.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this set is not as good as say.wonderful hand work,but just not that useful.powder brush could be bigger,foundations brush cant blend well,concealing brush hard to use,contour brush not bad,but as a brush set,can only give 3 star for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are a bargain I will say that but I personally don't think these brushes are great. The buffing brush absorbs all of my product, it's unreal. I guess I just prefer more denser brushes & better quality. I won't be repurchasing anymore brushes from this line. But if you absolutely can't afford anything better then these brushes then u should try these..that's if u can't hold out & save ur money for better quality. Sigma, crown, Sedona lace, and Mac are the best. Crown has some amazing deals sometimes & their quality is ten times better. Hautelook.com features their products often.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Samr29

I love this set! I used to use the Clinique flat brush, which is nice but since I have had this set I have used nothing but these brushes. The buffing brush is fab! It blends my foundation so well and gives it an even finish unlike a flat brush which I think leaves lines and takes a bit of blending. The only brush I don't use as much out of this set is the flat foundation brush, I think it is too small to apply foundation, it seems to work better for concealer and doing smaller areas of the face. The other 2 brushes are great too and I get a lot of use out of these, you can use them for more than one purpose. Since purchasing this set I have gone out and bought he other RT brushes and the new sponge and I love them all!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by violetbaudelaire27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought these after hearing much hype at Walmart for about $20? Totally worth it, as it works out to about $4 (CAD in my case) a brush.

I've mostly just used the contouring brush, but I've also used the concealer brush for both concealer and as a lip brush and it's wonderful. The liquid foundation brush is OK but I've been mostly using my Sephora no.47 lately and my fingers.

I've not got much use out of the brush that's intended for mineral foundation because I predominately use liquid foundations.

Great value for money and adorable/practical case is great for standing on your drawers or travel!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had read great reviews of these Real Techniques brushes on beauty blogs and so when Ulta had a 20% off everything storewide, I jumped on this opportunity to grab a starter set. These came packaged in a nice stand/travel case, but I removed them and store them with my other brushes so I can't say how well the stand performs or how sturdy it is. It will be great for travel though to keep them organized and protected. The brushes are very soft and flexible and feel soft when you use them. I love applying my foundation with the foundation brush as it goes on so smoothly and looks airbrushed when I am finished. My only complaint is that the foundation brush is somewhat small and I get impatient trying to do a whole face, but for the performance and the low price, I can overlook that. That's why I took off 1 lippy on the rating. The contour brush works well for both bronzer or blush or highlighter and the buffing brush is sooo soft and fluffy and it blends everything and gives a beautiful finish. I've had these 2 weeks now and so far these wash and dry well without distortion of the fibers or loss of bristles. I am so delighted with this set of brushes and I am now raving about them too! Even full price this set is less than $20 which is a bargain for the quality and performance of these. This would be a fantastic gift for the make up artist/beauty lover.