Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I heard so much about this product, I had to run to Harvey Nichols asap to get my own! I do think the formula of this product is perfect, especially over (or under as suggested by Chanel) a paticulary dewy foundation/bb cream (I wear Mac Prep + Prime in dark) but I imagine this would be more noticable, yet not too heavy, on fairer skin... it kind of blends into my skin tone and becomes almost invisible. I must admit, the packaging is a beauty so I do love to look at it but maybe I will have to save this for winter months when I'm naturally lighter. I'm Mac NC35 in my Pro Longwer, so if you are the same or darker, hmm maybe not for us! Beautiful product though, well done Chanel...

on 1/7/2014 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is actually my first review on Makeup Alley and I just had to as I find this product absolutely amazing! I am a HUGE makeup freak and I love trying new products. I have fair skin and I've tried so many bronzers but I think I found my #1 bronzer. Normally, I use Nars casino bronzer, it's a little dark for winter but I find it easily workable for winter and summer. The only thing is I find myself more attracted to a ''creamy'' texture instead of powder as it stays on better (same goes for blush). I heard a lot about Soleil Tan and I decided to purchase it even though it's quite $$$ (about 51$ Canadian). Keep in mind that this will last you a life time as you only need a little bit so after all, it was a good investment. I love how you can easily work with it and build with it's creamy texture, once applied on the skin it has a really natural finish and using the right brush you get it exactly where you want it. The tone of it is just perfect for summer or winter, I think ill love it even more during the summer as I tend to get dark. I used a small foundation brush to apply it right under my cheek bone and on the t-zone. I definitely suggest this product to those who are still looking for the right bronzer. It's very popular so it might be hard to find but I got lucky, i'd stock up! Definitly a 5 star + for me.

on 1/6/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I use this with a drugstore kubuki brush or my Real Techniques stipling brush. Use this bronzer to contour my cheeks, jawline, nose, and forehead. It is perfect for contouring because it blends so well into my skin, and gives a very natural bronze look. I have medium/olive skin. I have used this product in the Summer and Winter. Works well with oily skin. Best bronzer I have used!

on 1/2/2014 7:25:00 AM

This product is absolutely incredible - once applied it imparts a beautiful bronze glow that is neither too orange (I'm Chinese with a medium beige skin tone) nor too sparkly.

I always apply on top of a liquid, whipped, or cream foundation. I use a stippling brush (MAC 187 is my go to) that I press into once or twice into the pot (the payoff is deep so don't load your brush), then onto the cheek it goes. Just off the apple for a nice sunkissed look, or directly onto the cheekbone/jaw line/three points on the hairline for the classic contour look. Remember to blend! The brush is great for this, but a finger with it's body warmth will work like a dream. I don't usually set with powder, but I do like to add a swipe of pink blush on top.

Guys and gals, I really recommend this. It is just beautiful.

on 11/22/2013 9:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This and Chanel's loose powder are must haves from Chanel. Partly because they are the most cost efficient and are awesome. The soleil goes on super smooth and I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I saw it on pixiwoo. It helps get into the hollow of the cheek. Then use upwards around the face and hairline. Downwards yo the jaw line and bridge of nose
I don't break out it doesn't look dirty. It's classically beautiful Chanel.

on 11/12/2013 5:21:00 AM

Love this product- I always end up going back to it. Personally I think it is great for winter time as in the summer it is slightly lighter and I like a powder bronzer in the summer as it is lighter.
Great for an all over colour for olivey skin that goes slightly yellow in the winter!!

on 10/28/2013 11:10:00 PM

bronze universel... a unique and great product from chanel! this bronzer is too die for if your like a B10 to B40 in chanel foundations, its a creamy glowy bronzer that applies like a dream under or over foundation i love to wear it over my foundation during the summer when i have a tan (B20-B30) but if i wear it over in the winter (B10) it can come off a tiny bit orange. my favorite way to use this product is to apply a generous amount in ALL the contours of my face and then apply a light layer of foundation, mine is vitalumiere aqua (by chanel) and it looks sunning! the price is completely worth it because you get so much product and it lasts forever! however tha packaging is beautiful and luxurious but annoying because its so big! btw the product has the tinniest amount of tiny tiny micro shimmer just gives you a slight glow:)

on 10/27/2013 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i could do without this product. i am nc35 skin toned. i have to layer and layer it until i can see something, and by this time, my foundation has slightly moved. i use a dense real techniques face liquid foundation brush to apply this because i cannot be bothered to layer slowly. i have also used a stippling brush and that moves my foundation even more.
i like the smell of the product. it is a hard cream product that you swirl your brush into and then apply to your cheeks. when i am a nc30 the colour pulls up nicely on me but then starts to fade at about 5 hours. i prefer bronzing powders because they tend to stay all day.
it cost me $45 form strawberrynet but in the shops i think its arounf $60-$70 AUD.
the colour is mid ranged between red and brown. it is natural looking until you have to build it up heavy (which is often on my face). i wish theyd made a darker one for darker tones. i wont be buying this again purely based on the price, the longevity on my oily skin isnt the best, and i feel uncomfortable putting my brush into a pot all the time. (i know thats weird and that dry powders have just as much bacteria i am sure, but it being a cream and me always putting a brush in it and some hairs getting stuck on the product just creeps me out.)
nice palstic, sturdy packaging, great smell, and nice for lighter tones. but otherwise, no i dont think its the best bronzer to have landed on earth. spend your money elsewhere i think.

on 9/26/2013 2:59:00 PM

I am absolutely OBSESSED with this bronzer. For me, it's been a little bit hit or miss with Chanel makeup...some of their products I love, some are so-so, and others I absolutely loathed. But this is one product that I don't think I can ever be without. It creates the most beautiful, subtle, bronzed, glowing look that I can wear every day - no matter how tan or pale I may be. And a HUGE plus for me is that even though I have oily skin and this is a cream product, it doesn't make me more oily and it does not slide around once I've applied it.

At first it was a little difficult to figure out what brush to use with this. I tried the MAC 109 for awhile, and while that is a great shape, tiny little black hairs from the brush got stuck all in the cream, and my OCD tendencies could not handle that. So I switched to the Sephora Classic Mineral Powder Brush #45 and that has been a perfect fit. I think any medium-sized, dense, domed, synthetic brush would do the trick with this.

I use this as a bronzer, not as an all over base as it is labelled. Just some on the cheeks, down the bridge of the nose, across the forehead and a touch on the chin, and I look like I've actually spent some time acquiring a sun-kissed glow at the beach, rather than sitting inside on a computer all day.

Bottom line, you don't need this product, but even though I have plenty of other bronzers, the others just don't hold a candle to this one. I LOVE IT!

on 9/16/2013 3:01:00 PM