Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

This was my first chic piece of makeup I bought for the full price (yay for Ebay when it comes to most of it!). I love bronzers and I became obsessed with getting this bronzer after reading a lot about it. I had extra money to spend, so I ran and bought this.
What I love the most about this product is actually one element that a lot of people seem to dislike. I actually enjoy how dense this base is. Ultimately this product feels creamy when touched with fingers, but it is very thick and dense. The reason I love this consistency is because it is EXTREMELY buildable. My skin tone all year around is about NC 20 (light complection with yellow undertone) and unless I self-tan, any bronzer looks quite unnatural on me. What this base does it creates a very subtle sun-skissed glow (no shimmer!) and you can tell that even with just a little color my face looks tanner (NOT organge or dirty, but sun-kissed).
The way I apply it is I use Real Technique flat top blending brush (I suppose any flat top kabuki brush will work just as well). By gently touching the surface of the bronzer and GENTLY swirling the brush in it I build up the coverage (the brush moves in circular motion by gently touching the surface of the product). I begin by using as little of the product as possible all over my face (it's not a foundation, so try not use it as such) and then go back with more color and countour.

If you have a medium to darker complexion you, of course, will have to use more color and perhaps this will not appear as super dark (if you want a very tan look). In my opinion this product works best for people with fair-light-medium skin tones.

Would I purchase this product again? Probably not. Although, I feel like one jar will last for years, since I've had it for a few months and it still looks almost brand new (I use it everyday). If you are interested in this sort of bronzing base and don't want to spend the money check out Sonia Kashuk's bronzing base for fraction of the cost.

on 6/14/2013 10:13:00 PM

This is amazing. I love it!
Everyone pretty much already said as to how this product is so great but I'll continue anyways:
- Me being fair skinned, it just gives this great natural 'sun-kissed glow'
- Blends very well into the skin, and simply looks like it's your actual skin.
- There is a scent, but it's not a bad scent and you can actually smell it for a while when it's on your skin. I personally like the scent.
- Many have said it has an orange hue, which yes, I agree. But it's not as orange as some people think, so don't be too intimidated by the colour.
- Make sure you blend it well, I use a really small dense brush (mineral matte brush from Bourjois) And even though many say the best is MAC 109 or some sort of synthetic duo fibre brush, or kabuki, I just like this tiny brush because I can actually see where I'm putting the product. But of course it's whatever works best for you.(:
- And if the product seems to look too harsh, putting powder over it tones it down and looks even better and more natural
- There is the price issue, but it'll last you a long time and you get so much product so it's definitely worth it.

I absolutely love this!
In winter I use this on its own to give me a light bronze ... In summer as my skin gets darker I tend to use it as more of a base with my Bourjois 'Delice de Poudre' ontop to deepen the colour... It is perfect and I find that it makes my powder bronzer last all day (and with stand a night on the town in a sweaty club!!)
One of my regular go-tos, can't imagine my make up collection without it.
Slightly pricey @ 30, but it lasts a very long time.

on 6/3/2013 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

So far yes I would buy this again. Yes it is a little orange but a lot of bronzers are and it blends in so well I can deal with that . It sinks right into my skin I really have a hard time blending in powder bronzes I never seem to get it right. Even though it is a tad orange it still looks great on me can't really complain I look like I have a nice glow. Will report back if I notice any oxidation!

on 5/31/2013 4:43:00 AM

I love the glow affect on my skin face. It warms my skin in the right way. I may not use this product every day, but i used it occasionally when i'm in the mood to have "a sun kissed glow" make up.
I'm using a stipple brush when applying on my cheek and also the forehead before i'm applying my foundation/ tinted moisturizer, after that i powder my face with my powder brush and put a little bit bronzer highlighter on my cheek bones and on my nose, and the result is perfectly amazing sun kissed look without looking orange/ too yellow. I'm an asian and i have a fair skin with yellow undertone (NC20). This bronzer is also my prime make up for my beach time holiday and the packaging is very travel friendly.
Unfortunately Chanel make up is not available in my country (i live in Indonesia), but they sell it in Singapore so i can only buy the product when i'm visiting Singapore (my city to Singapore only takes 1.5 hour by plane). Since i will definitely buy this product again, i think is not a big problem for me.. :)

on 5/20/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a miracle worker! It is by far the best brozer and makeup base I have EVER used. I justify the price by the amount of product there is (a lot) and the quality, it really is worth the money. It is great on all skin tones as I am naturally pale but wear fake tan, it is great as a base under your foundation to give lighter foundations a sun kissed look and lightly over your foundation for a glow. This is also very good for creating that Kim kardashian contour look by using an angled brush and working it along cheek cheek bone top corners to the half way eye point along your cheek. Use the chanel highlighter pen for the top or the cheek bones and along the nose and tadaaaaaa!!!!! It is a cream gel formula and is easily buildable for more colour or less, it's very light and smells just like the lumiere foundation! YOU MUST INVEST GIRLS!

on 4/21/2013 7:49:00 PM

I love cream and liquid blushes and highlighters and had never tried a cream bronzer but had heard great reviews on the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Base. I justified the high price tag due to the 1oz of product you get vs normally getting .28-.35 oz with powder other bronzers/contours. The texture is lovely and somewhere between a cream and a gel. The scent is similar to Chanel's foundations, but the scent is very light. I am a N1 in MAC currently so I was a bit worried that this would come across muddy or orange on my skin as many bronzers do, but I was very pleased when it looked so natural. I used it as a contour and the finished result was beautiful, leaving my skin looking sun kissed. I had no issues with oxidization. This also worked well with my dry skin. I am very pleased with this and would even say its my Holy Grail bronzer. I will also be using this for my wedding.

on 4/16/2013 4:14:00 AM

I think this one depends quite a bit on your skintone - this works beautifully on me, and I love it. It is definitely a color that I think you would want to test out first, because I can see how it would have a tendency to look muddy or too 'citrus-y' on some people.
Great texture (it's a gel, but quite creamy on the skin and blends quite well), and I can use it to give my skin the sunkissed look, or I can use it to contour. I use it with a RT stippling brush.
It is great value for money, because you don't need much and there is a lot of product. One of my favorite daily products.

on 4/10/2013 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this cream bronzer a month ago and i like the consistancy, it's not too creamy but also not liqued. The color is not too dark or orange.. It's just perfect to create that sunkissed glow. I apply it with Sigma's angeled brush (F84) and it's a amazing combination.

on 4/2/2013 3:49:00 AM

I know a lot of people luv this... i so want to love it and tried to give it a chance but it just takes away the glow/ freshness out from my skin. Looks jaundiced yellowish on me as if I have liver problems.I still think that a warm Peachy blush is the best bronzer for fair skin, just me....

Popular Bronzers