October 26, 2014 | 1077 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MissFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a miracle worker! It is by far the best brozer and makeup base I have EVER used. I justify the price by the amount of product there is (a lot) and the quality, it really is worth the money. It is great on all skin tones as I am naturally pale but wear fake tan, it is great as a base under your foundation to give lighter foundations a sun kissed look and lightly over your foundation for a glow. This is also very good for creating that Kim kardashian contour look by using an angled brush and working it along cheek cheek bone top corners to the half way eye point along your cheek. Use the chanel highlighter pen for the top or the cheek bones and along the nose and tadaaaaaa!!!!! It is a cream gel formula and is easily buildable for more colour or less, it's very light and smells just like the lumiere foundation! YOU MUST INVEST GIRLS!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love cream and liquid blushes and highlighters and had never tried a cream bronzer but had heard great reviews on the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Base. I justified the high price tag due to the 1oz of product you get vs normally getting .28-.35 oz with powder other bronzers/contours. The texture is lovely and somewhere between a cream and a gel. The scent is similar to Chanel's foundations, but the scent is very light. I am a N1 in MAC currently so I was a bit worried that this would come across muddy or orange on my skin as many bronzers do, but I was very pleased when it looked so natural. I used it as a contour and the finished result was beautiful, leaving my skin looking sun kissed. I had no issues with oxidization. This also worked well with my dry skin. I am very pleased with this and would even say its my Holy Grail bronzer. I will also be using this for my wedding.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this one depends quite a bit on your skintone - this works beautifully on me, and I love it. It is definitely a color that I think you would want to test out first, because I can see how it would have a tendency to look muddy or too 'citrus-y' on some people.
Great texture (it's a gel, but quite creamy on the skin and blends quite well), and I can use it to give my skin the sunkissed look, or I can use it to contour. I use it with a RT stippling brush.
It is great value for money, because you don't need much and there is a lot of product. One of my favorite daily products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by OfficialMS

I bought this cream bronzer a month ago and i like the consistancy, it's not too creamy but also not liqued. The color is not too dark or orange.. It's just perfect to create that sunkissed glow. I apply it with Sigma's angeled brush (F84) and it's a amazing combination.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by cristinarn

I know a lot of people luv this... i so want to love it and tried to give it a chance but it just takes away the glow/ freshness out from my skin. Looks jaundiced yellowish on me as if I have liver problems.I still think that a warm Peachy blush is the best bronzer for fair skin, just me....

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by 8383

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know this bronzer seems to be well liked, but I'm not crazy about it. Every time I wear it, it seems to oxidize and look orange on me. Very fake looking. I am now using the Laura Mercier creme bronzer that looks very natural but a beautiful bronze color. Does not oxidize. I feel like with Chanel you are paying for the name and not always getting the best product. Some of their products I really love, but some are just hype because of the name. Chanels creme bronzer is one of them unless you like an orange complextion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I'm not usually a fan of bronzers (the only other bronzing product I own is the Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons one and I use it rarely) but this is such a beautiful product. It is smooth, easy to apply and blend (I use the Real Techniques expert face brush) and works well as a contour despite the fact I prefer ashy colours as a contour. It's just stunning and looks so natural on. And of course it comes in luxurious Chanel packaging, topped with a gold logo. Definitely worth the extra $$$

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG bronzer. I have bought this a couple of months ago. It was hard to decide which way too use it in the first place. But now I use it with my MAC 130 brush to contour and I love it! It looks so natural on my nc25-30 skintone! This bronzer is definetely prices but worth the money! I would repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

MUA is wonderful for consumer reviews but it can be bad for my wallet, lol.

I have never paid this much for a bronzer, especially in a non-powder formula but I was intrigued enough to try it out at a Chanel counter to see how it would look like.
The MA was great and she showed me how she was applying the bronzer and she suggested I use this as a base before applying foundation and everything else.
The result was a nice, healthy glow without looking orange.
My skin tone is warm to begin with although I think if you're very pale, this may look orange.
For reference, I'm NC30/C3, Asian colouring.

I used a stippling brush and gently dabbed on the contours of my cheeks and up along the forehead and I loved the natural sunkissed look it gave me.
My skin looked healthy and dewy but not shiny, thanks to the mousse formula. (I tend to be on the oily side)

The Chanel MA suggested a more dewy look to avoid a dull complexion from using too many powder products. (I usually use powder foundation and powder bronzer and blush)

Oh yes, I did use a liquid foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua) with this bronzer and wow, what a difference in my finished makeup look.

The container is huge and since I use so little of the product at a time, it will last me forever.

Glad I caved in and got this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best bronzer I've ever used. I've been on the hunt for the perfect bronzer for my skintone (nc35-mac) and before this it was MAC's Give me sun bronzer, which is amazing on me. On my skin both look almost identical, the only difference is the finish. MAC is a powder and Chanel's is a cream which I usually prefer cream products on my cheeks. It looks more natural. So yes, this is a hit in my book.