July 28, 2014 | 1256 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG bronzer. I have bought this a couple of months ago. It was hard to decide which way too use it in the first place. But now I use it with my MAC 130 brush to contour and I love it! It looks so natural on my nc25-30 skintone! This bronzer is definetely prices but worth the money! I would repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

MUA is wonderful for consumer reviews but it can be bad for my wallet, lol.

I have never paid this much for a bronzer, especially in a non-powder formula but I was intrigued enough to try it out at a Chanel counter to see how it would look like.
The MA was great and she showed me how she was applying the bronzer and she suggested I use this as a base before applying foundation and everything else.
The result was a nice, healthy glow without looking orange.
My skin tone is warm to begin with although I think if you're very pale, this may look orange.
For reference, I'm NC30/C3, Asian colouring.

I used a stippling brush and gently dabbed on the contours of my cheeks and up along the forehead and I loved the natural sunkissed look it gave me.
My skin looked healthy and dewy but not shiny, thanks to the mousse formula. (I tend to be on the oily side)

The Chanel MA suggested a more dewy look to avoid a dull complexion from using too many powder products. (I usually use powder foundation and powder bronzer and blush)

Oh yes, I did use a liquid foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua) with this bronzer and wow, what a difference in my finished makeup look.

The container is huge and since I use so little of the product at a time, it will last me forever.

Glad I caved in and got this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best bronzer I've ever used. I've been on the hunt for the perfect bronzer for my skintone (nc35-mac) and before this it was MAC's Give me sun bronzer, which is amazing on me. On my skin both look almost identical, the only difference is the finish. MAC is a powder and Chanel's is a cream which I usually prefer cream products on my cheeks. It looks more natural. So yes, this is a hit in my book.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Soleil Tan De Chanel, also known by itís other name Bronze Universel, is a cream-based bronzer. The texture of it feels as smooth as butter, and when swiped on my hand it feels slightly gel-like. When I apply and buff this into my cheeks, it blends into a very smooth velvet finish. It blends onto the skin beautifully well Ė unlike other cream products that can just sit on the skin and ruin foundation underneath by causing a Ďholeí, it glides like silk on my cheeks. I would say that the finish of it is satin, almost totally matte but not quite. Oh, and it also has a very fresh scent to it too!

The colour of Soleil Tan De Chanel is a gorgeous golden tan, very warm-based. As Iím medium-skinned, it looks very flattering, but I also put some on my sister, who is paler (NW25) and it looked so good! I obviously use it as a bronzer and also as a contour with a light hand. It does wonders to warm up my complexion, adding a hit of colour and a healthy glow. There is ZERO glitter or shimmer in the bronzer, which is great! You can leave your cheeks with the Soleil Tan De Chanel on, or you can also add highlighter and/or blush over the top without any streaking.

The key I have found to using it for flawless, easy results is to use a synthetic face brush. I dip the brush in the bronzer around 3 times, then start to stipple it on my cheeks. I repeat this method if I want a little bit more colour, stippling and buffing it in gently. Itís easy to get a light or darker look using this method of application. I love to use my Sigma F84 for this purpose (any of the Sigmax HD brushes will work well for application).

Soleil Tan De Chanel is priced at £29, which may seem very expensive, but so worth it, because you get a full 30g or product, considering most bronzers contain only a measly 9g!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by oliviamalek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this product after many great reviews and it was worth it. Very natural look, build up when necessary. Lovely packaging, worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I simply adore the look of this bronzer. I use it mainly to contour because it is very subtle and natural looking.

Unfortunately, one (or more) of the ingredients does not agree with my skin. When I use this I get tiny bumps on my cheeks where I've contoured.

Such a shame because it is a really beautiful product. Never turns orange on my skin, nor is it too shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

If you are looking for a bronzer that sinks into your skin and is versatile enough to be used as a foundation (if your skin tone allows it), sculpting tool or bronzer - give this one a try. This is worth the price. Lovely and elegant as so many other Chanel products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Jerena

For those who say it doesn't have shimmer it's not true! it does have a light shimmer you can even see it when you swatch it on your hand in the store. When i first saw the color i was disappointed, i didn't expect it to be so orange, but i bought it anyway i wanted this product so bad i guess thats why i didn't want to leave the store completely disappointed. Im in nw20 and looks ok on me but i know it would look much better in the summer with the tan. I have Clinique true bronze pressed powder in Sunkissed and it exactly the same color as this Chanel, just has a little more shimmer. I love watching celebrity mua Lisa Eldridge's videos where she does makeup using this base and i'm agree with her that this product can work on almost anyone depending on much you apply it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by costrow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this along with the new foundation. I love the foundation & really like the look of this bronzer most of the time. It, however, does turn a bit orange as the day goes on.
My big problem with this is that it breaks out my skin. I don't just get a random pimple here or there but get quite a few by the end of the day. I wasn't sure what product was causing my problems so I took all makeup that could be a culprit off daily use and then added pieces back in individually. It's clear this caused me major issues. Not sure what is in this that is causing the problem but I don't get breakouts with any other blusher - so out this goes. I may use it on other areas of my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by monicarimer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this bronzer! It`s easy to use, looks natural on the face, has a pretty colour and I think that it`s suitable for fair to medium skin colours.
I like it better than a powder bronzer because it is moisturizing and I have dry skin.
It stays on for a long time ( 8 hours) and it has a nice packaging.
It is pretty expensive,but you really get a lot of product and a little goes a long way.I have this product for almost 6 months and I am using it almost every day but it looks barely used.
I will defenetely buy this again!