April 20, 2014 | 1832 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by sidewaysscribbles

I've been using this for over a month now, and I love it. I have fair NC 20 skin that is usually oily and this blends right in, cancels out redness, and doesn't make me shiny. The high SPF rating is great, too. Be aware that this BB cream is not nearly as thick as foundation and you may still need to use an additional concealer for any dark marks or blemishes you want to hide. Personally I like that it's light weight, but someone looking for full coverage would be disappointed. Overall this is great for my needs and I'll definitely be repurchasing it after I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by taylersue

This is my FAVORITE BB cream I have EVER used. The packaging is neat it looks like you would squeeze the bottle to get product but instead once you take the cap off there is a pump. The bottle cap isn't very tightly on the bottle so it often falls off, but since the product is so well I can deal with it! The coverage is light but there is something about it that makes your skin look very nice. It doesn't make your skin break out which is something I have to have due to the fact I have sensitive skin. There is no scent either. Overall It is just a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by trixiefaux

I bought this a week ago on a whim in place of my tinted moisturizer and have been using it daily. I have only tried 2 other BB creams before this (Smashbox which was too visible on top of my skin) & Boscia which was too dark for my NW15ish skin). This stuff is amazing so far. It goes on so smoothly, sinks in, evens out my skintone, moisturizes, and provides sun protection. It's exactly what I want in a "foundation"--that no make-up look/feel. A little powder finishes it off. I have an oily t-zone and this does not make it worse as some products do. I still have to blot later in the day w/an oil absorbing sheet but that is to be expected. So far I love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mariamsultana

I've been using this for 2 weeks and I'm in LOVE. A little goes a long way. I use 3/4 of a pump on my face, use a bit of concealer where needed and set with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Let it set into your skin a minute and you'll see that it blends with your natural shade. After that, some contouring and mascara leaves me with a natural, medium coverage look. I have acne prone skin and have had no problems so far. I hope it stays this way!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by themeanreds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Premium Beauty Balm for colder months and Water Fuse for the summer and while I was impressed by the ingredients, physical sunblock, and light coverage both unfortunately clogged my pores and gave me whiteheads. I really wish they didn't because I love the dewy, natural finish they give.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm extremely pleased with the performance and formulation of this multipurpose product. My criteria are pretty specific: I have fair (NC15-NW20) combination skin and I don't want to get any oilier through the day but I also want to maintain a healthy, natural appearance. I prefer a smooth, satiny finish with medium, adjustble coverage. I am religious about broad spectrum sunscreen 20+ usage, but I avoid chemical sunscreens as much as possible because they bother my eyes. I hate the smell of typical sunscreens. And I want to lighten some minor blotchiness on my lower cheeks. and I want to deal with as few steps/products as possible, because I have no extra time in the morning.

I'm wary of trends, and most BB creams are a disappointment. This product not only includes some beneficial skincare ingredients (including a significant amount of skin-brightening arbutin), it also has a high all-physical SPF without a greasy finish. in fact, the texture and finish really impress me. I'm fair-light, and despite the strange pinkish-gray tone straight from the tube, this blends flawlessly and does not accentuate lines, pores, or flaws. It's slightly thick and provides a bit more coverage than a standard TM.

I would not even have looked at this had I not seen Paula Begoun's positive review of it. It makes my skin look great and doesn't lead to excessive oiliness or any kind of eye irritation. I am thoroughly pleased with this purchase. best of all, it really does combine two steps very effectively.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by jihunnie23

I got a 0.06 oz sample of this from Sephora, and waited a long time to try it.
I'm not sure what a bb cream is supposed to do, so I can't rate it per my expectations (which were different). What I can say is I'm extremely happy with it, and I'm strongly debating whether it is worth the money to purchase.
It took me some tries to figure out the proper dosage and method for my skin. Once I figured it out though, it's pretty amazing.
- USAGE: For me, I found the best results happen with [ very little amounts ] [ OVER moisturizer]. I can’t use it on its own at ALL, and wouldn’t recommend as a replacement for moisturizer. It is an extremely dry cream, meaning it's rich & thick but doesn't glide or distribute well. Unevenness in color is quite noticeable this way. When placed over a moisturizing CREAM though (a serum didn’t work for me either, sank in too quickly or made my skin sticky after use), it is just gorgeous.
- AMOUNT: This took some trial and error. I have darkish tones, but I am Korean, if that makes any difference (someone else mentioned Dr. Jart is a Korean brand). If I use too much, I can look very pallid and chalky. I found a method that gave me this impossibly amazing, pearly dust all day – legit, all day – and it required I use very, very little.
----- A bead the size of a fat water droplet, onto the very tip of my left ring finger. With right ring finger, I poke a side of the bead.
----- Then, I gently pat dots from bridge of my nose to ear along cheekbone. Dab, repeat on the other cheekbone. Repeat across forehead. I basically draw thin dots all along my forehead, cheeks, chin, and bridge of my nose.
----- Then (aided by the glide of pre-applied moisturizer), I GENTLY glide my fingers across from center out to “connect the dots.”
I am not sure how this works, but it just… does. The end result is this freakishly flawless skin. A little pearly, not shiny. You may need blush because it seems to reduce redness from your skin tone. My friend said my skin looked a lot better, and it was just during this test run of the sample product.
- ROUTINE?: Well. This does not remove any steps from my morning routine. As a matter of fact, it adds to it. I still need a moisturizer, and despite the 45+++ spf, I still want the moisturizer to have at least spf30 since I use SO little of Dr. Jart’s product.
What this product ultimately is, is the foundation I’ve been searching for but have NEVER been able to find. Its coverage is fantastic, but it still lets my skin shine through. I do not look like a muppet (I HATE that sht). I do NOT look like I’m wearing foundation at all. It is dewy, not greasy. And it is natural. And it doesn’t damage my skin over time, in fact alleges to add to it. Everything I ever searched for in a foundation, I just must have been looking in the wrong place.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by honeylavender

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has so much going for it. It's not just a regular SPF, but offers SPF+++ protection (which means it lasts 3 additional hours, an extra hour for every +, than regular sunscreen) and a whole slew of anti-aging, healthy, skincare bonuses in it. I also like that it's light reflective so really makes my skin look dewier and youthful. Some people have complained about the color of this product being restrictive, but it has worked fine on me. I should add that I'm Asian, and Dr. Jart+ is a Korean brand, so perhaps it's more formulated to match my skin tone, but I've seen Caucasian and Hispanic women wear this BB cream too, and it's looked just as natural on them. As it's translucent it can be worn on a spectrum of skintones, and a suggestion would be, if doesn't match your skin the way you want it to, a solution might be to sweep some light powder over it and blend it into the cream to get an even match.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by cat1116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. The idea of not having to use a separate moisturizer, foundation and sunscreen is very appealing to me. I also noticed that only physical sunscreen ingredients are used in this product. I have rosacea and am very sensitive to chemical sunscreens so this was another reason that I was very interested in this product. I wound up trying this product all over my face one day before going to work, which was a mistake - I did not like the way I looked and I was stuck wearing it all day.

Pros: I found it completely non-irritating and it did do a good job of covering my rosacea.
Cons: I'm a NW 15 and this product is just too dark for me. It's probably best suited for a NW 20-25 complexion. I also did not feel that it was very moisturizing (and I have normal-oily combination skin) even though it felt heavy on my face. It also seemed settled in my pores a little. Finally, it did not do much to hide my dark under eye circles (although, to be fair, I do have horrific under eye circles)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by michelley0113

Wonderful product, but its incredibly expensive. I bought it for, I think 38 dollars at sephora. Provides a great amount of coverage and it feels like your wearing nothing. Brightened my acne scars and definitely gave me a more even skin tone after using it for two weeks. I use the Philosophy Cleanser afterwards and it glides off like a charm. Dr. Jart is a renowned cosmetics company in Korea, but I feel like this product isn't as great as the ones they sell in Korea. However, one of the best ones they sell in the US