December 18, 2014 | 1611 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is in comparison to the Aveda Pure Abundace, which I like quite a bit. I thought I would try this because I had a coupon for $3.00 off so I got it for 99 cents. It's an alright product, if you don't have the money to spend on the Aveda. I like the packaging better, I like that it has a shaker dispenser, so it would work better if you were to shake it on the area that you want volume. I like to just put it on my hands and apply it to the roots. The Aveda I think is better in the fact that it isn't as tacky or sticky. It feels the same when you apply it, but my hair overall just felt dirty when I used this. You would have to wash your hair the next day or else you'll have a big old birds nest of tangly hair. I would say buy the Aveda, it's better and will last your at least a year.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by jellibellyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this because of the great reviews as well and while it does provide volume, it was quite sticky and my hair got tangly. i even tried it on my mom, who has really fine hair and she said she'd rather have flat hair as oppose to having this product on her head. i think this may be great for those with shoulder or shorter length hair.

got mine at rite aid for $6 and came with a free mini hairspray buy i will never purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by canadablonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I keep seeing these great reviews for this product and Im surprised. It made my hair really sticky, and although the next day I woke up and my hair had some extra oomph to it, it simply felt gross....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by 1flygirl

I have been looking for something to give me volume for ages - I have think, limp and straight hair. I have tried almost every product out there - most recommended by stylists. This product was recommended when I had my make-up done at Shoppers Drug Mart - the SmashBox Rep had it in her hair and it looked great! So, without even asking the price or seeing the packaging, I bought it. I gave it a try - it gave instant volume (applied at roots) to my hair which was pulled back in a clip all day! The only small downside is the texture it gives your hair (you won't want anyone to run their fingers through it) but isn't that the point? I'm sold !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are like me and have fine hair, but a LOT of it, and want volume at the crown of your head without looking like you are wearing a "bumpit" or having that "teased tiara," then this is the product for you. I shake a little of the power at the crown of my head, at the roots, and then use my fingertips to "scrub" it back and forth lightly and voila, perfect volume. Having that volume at the crown can totally make a difference in how thick you hair looks, and can slim a fuller face. I do use a little bit of hairspray to hold it once I've got the look I want, but it remains workable (change your part, etc) until you spray it. Definitely recommend. And I've used the Aveda, this is just as good, at a FRACTION of the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by annie108

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know some people love this so it must work for them, but it made my hair SO incredibly staticy. Like a little shake of this on top of my head made all of my hair suddenly cling to my face. It didn't add volume either.

I have long, very fine, straight hair, for reference. It is prone to static in general, but never as much as what I got when I used this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by contheone

This product is disappointing because it gives great expectations however it can not live up to theses.I felt it to be a good in the right profession but is hard to understand to an average person like me.

I personally would not buy the product however could be useful to others

Before purchase pleas be warned it is not worth the 4 pound I paid!!??

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I bought this on a whim bc it was on sale. It made my soft, manageable hair sticky and staticky :( Maybe I'll give it another try in the summer when my hair isn't so dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate this product. I have long hair with no layers, so this thing does nothing to my hair. I believe it could work if your hair is shorter than mine. But my hair is too long and heavy for this. It doesn't give any volume, just texture. Really gross texture. It makes my hair look frizzy and feel very sticky. You can feel how sticky it is on your hands too. You can't brush out this product. You just have to wash it out with a shampoo. Though I have to warn you not to use any shampoo for damaged hair. Only those anti-dandruff or volume shampoos work on this nasty stuff. The only way I can use this product is after I curl my hair. It gives texture to the curls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just what I was looking for. I don't like using other volumizing products because they leave my hair hard or wet. This is perfect! Great volume and texture. My only complaint is that it leaves your hands alittle sticky, but not bad enough to not buy it.