Got2B POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

3.8

Aqua , Silica Silylate , Sodium Benzoate , Citric Acid , Octylacrylamide , Acrylates , Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer

on 4/12/2012 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I actually like this product, granted I have nothing to compare it to, but for what it advertises, what it does and how much it costs (Wal Mart, $4 USD) - pretty good! For me, it's like hairspray in powder form. It's a fine powder that you shake into your hands, rub together and ruffle into dry hair. The texture starts out...well, powdery, but then gets a little "grippy" for lack of a better word. Not only does it give my hair a little height, thickens it slightly but adds some texture to twist and bend certain sections of hair into submission and keep them in place. I like it!

on 3/30/2012 7:38:00 PM

Ok, the Osis hair powder gets amazing reviews...this one, not so much. But they are made by the same company, and have the exact same ingredients, with the exception of the citric acid, which is in different places on the list:

Osis: Aqua (Water), Silica Silylate, Sodium Benzoate, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl, Methacrylate Copolymer, Citric Acid

Got 2 B: Aqua, Silica Silylate,iSodium Benzoate, CitriciAcid, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl, Methacrylate Copolymer

I haven't tried it yet, but I expect it will perform the same as the Osis, which people love!

This is in comparison to the Aveda Pure Abundace, which I like quite a bit. I thought I would try this because I had a coupon for $3.00 off so I got it for 99 cents. It's an alright product, if you don't have the money to spend on the Aveda. I like the packaging better, I like that it has a shaker dispenser, so it would work better if you were to shake it on the area that you want volume. I like to just put it on my hands and apply it to the roots. The Aveda I think is better in the fact that it isn't as tacky or sticky. It feels the same when you apply it, but my hair overall just felt dirty when I used this. You would have to wash your hair the next day or else you'll have a big old birds nest of tangly hair. I would say buy the Aveda, it's better and will last your at least a year.

on 3/23/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i bought this because of the great reviews as well and while it does provide volume, it was quite sticky and my hair got tangly. i even tried it on my mom, who has really fine hair and she said she'd rather have flat hair as oppose to having this product on her head. i think this may be great for those with shoulder or shorter length hair.

got mine at rite aid for $6 and came with a free mini hairspray buy i will never purchase again.

on 3/23/2012 12:47:00 AM

I keep seeing these great reviews for this product and Im surprised. It made my hair really sticky, and although the next day I woke up and my hair had some extra oomph to it, it simply felt gross....

on 3/7/2012 5:35:00 PM

I have been looking for something to give me volume for ages - I have think, limp and straight hair. I have tried almost every product out there - most recommended by stylists. This product was recommended when I had my make-up done at Shoppers Drug Mart - the SmashBox Rep had it in her hair and it looked great! So, without even asking the price or seeing the packaging, I bought it. I gave it a try - it gave instant volume (applied at roots) to my hair which was pulled back in a clip all day! The only small downside is the texture it gives your hair (you won't want anyone to run their fingers through it) but isn't that the point? I'm sold !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you are like me and have fine hair, but a LOT of it, and want volume at the crown of your head without looking like you are wearing a "bumpit" or having that "teased tiara," then this is the product for you. I shake a little of the power at the crown of my head, at the roots, and then use my fingertips to "scrub" it back and forth lightly and voila, perfect volume. Having that volume at the crown can totally make a difference in how thick you hair looks, and can slim a fuller face. I do use a little bit of hairspray to hold it once I've got the look I want, but it remains workable (change your part, etc) until you spray it. Definitely recommend. And I've used the Aveda, this is just as good, at a FRACTION of the price.

on 2/26/2012 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I know some people love this so it must work for them, but it made my hair SO incredibly staticy. Like a little shake of this on top of my head made all of my hair suddenly cling to my face. It didn't add volume either.

I have long, very fine, straight hair, for reference. It is prone to static in general, but never as much as what I got when I used this.

on 2/16/2012 1:29:00 PM

This product is disappointing because it gives great expectations however it can not live up to theses.I felt it to be a good in the right profession but is hard to understand to an average person like me.

I personally would not buy the product however could be useful to others

Before purchase pleas be warned it is not worth the 4 pound I paid!!??

on 1/13/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this on a whim bc it was on sale. It made my soft, manageable hair sticky and staticky :( Maybe I'll give it another try in the summer when my hair isn't so dry.