December 18, 2014 | 1021 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Dannibee123

MY FAV EYESHADOW PRIMER! Helps eye makeup stay on all day long without creasing... comes out matte so somedays there's no need for eyeshadow just eyeliner and you're good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another one of my absolute essentials...I use this whenever I wear shadow and it has made a tremendous difference in the longevity of wear. For example, I apply it under my shadow in the mornings; typically around 530 and wear it until around 630PM, which equals approximately 13 hours of flawless and creaseless wear. For $6, I'd say that is quite remarkable! Compared to other shadow primers that I've researched such as NARS, Urban Decay, Smashbox, and a few others...NYX gets the 5 out of 5 lippies from me. This is NOT to say the aforementioned products are not good; however, as far as the price point and quality NYX is the way to go. I just don't see spending upwards of $20 or more on an eye primer to get the same, if not better, results as you will with NYX HD Shadow Primer. The wand makes for easy application, and it lasts a while since you don't really need much to get the job done. The one I have I've been using since about this time last year and it's still going strong. I also purchased a new one a while ago because I was scared I'd run out. So, YES I highly recommend this product. It will make your e/s experience that much better, and some of those shadows you may have otherwise given a mediocre or poor review will likely be better if you base with this product before applying them.
NYX HD Shadow Primer has Adrienne's endorsement!
~Adreinne Starr

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by ThatDarnCass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I haven't tried a lot of eye shadow primers, but picked this up based on the good reviews on this site. I really like it and will not be wasting my money on more expensive eye shadow primers as this does the job quite well. I typically put on my eye shadow (on top of this primer) at about 7:30am and it lasts without fading or creasing until I wash off my makeup and go to bed-- anywhere from 10pm to midnight. I like it so much I've recommended it to friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this primer. As good if not better than TF and UD primers, (I have used both) for a much better price. I don't know why people are complaining that it takes too long to set, maybe they are applying too much.
The way I use it is it only takes a couple of minutes if that, if you apply too much it will take to long to set. Use sparingly is what I would suggest.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Bunmum2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This product is thin but works well all day on my normal skin. I found that using a little goes a long way and a small dot rubbed in works best. Otherwise it will take forever to dry and your eyeshadow will smudge when putting it on over the wetness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I love to do my eye makeup so much, I thought it is about time to try out an eye primer that makes my eye shadows stay on my lids all day long and not crease, smear or smudge. Well, this one was a big winner, because it helped me with all those eye shadow problems.

The texture is almost like a liquid concealer and the color is sheer nude, I would say, so since my skin tone is fair, it looks like I have nothing on my eye lids when applying it.

Pros:
-won't crease

-won't smudge

-eye shadow colors are more intense than without it, actually more the way they should be

-very cheap, I got it for $7 at drugstore.com

-lots of compliments on my eye makeup : )

-removing eye makeup at night is no problem

Cons:
-It doesn't dry that quickly, so I do something else on my face for 2 minutes, on the other side, there are too many pros that this is just not a problem anymore.

I wish I could have bought this years ago. Eye makeup is just so much better with a primer, I just had no idea.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ilikestripes5

Did not work for me at all. I have oily hooded eyelids and this product does absolutely nothing to prevent eye shadow from creasing. If anything, eye shadow creases more quickly with this greasy product. Pigmentation is very much improved, either.

To oily lidded ladies with deep creases, stay away from this product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by dawndru

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

NYX eyeshadow base did nothing for me. I ended up throwing it out. I've used UD primer potion for years but decided to try something cheaper. Waste of money, though the price was so small I don't feel that badly. It did not prolong the life of my eyeshadow and it didn't increase the pigments. I really see absolutely no benefits. My lids are not particularly oily so its a mystery why others got some benefits from it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

The texture and color is similar to other eye primer favorites like the UD or the Lorac, but this one is more slick. After I put this on, the primer itself will crease into my folded lids even before I put on any eyeshadow :( And when I do put on the eyeshadow the color slips around and it's harder to control where the color goes.
I give it one lippie because it does make the eyeshadow color more vibrant and prevents creasing for a while. Though I could see creasing in my inner corners after about just 2 hours (my shadow creases within 30min if I don't use any primer). I could get at least 5-6 hours of wear on UD or Lorac.
Overall not made for oily skinned girls with hooded eye lids who also lives in a very humid area OTL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I prefer this to UD's for several reasons.
UDPP dries out my eyelids and makes the shadow look crepey after awhile, if not immediately.
Yes, this is quite oily and does require time to sink in / dry prior to applying shadow, but it's worth the change in routine to me.
For $7 vs. $20 it's definitely a superior product. Makes shadow colors pop and helps with creasing.