Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Powder Brush

4.5

on 1/9/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OMG. This brush is huge!!! A fair warning to everyone. But, it is the best powder brush ever. :)

I use this to apply my Mac mineralize skin finish after concealing with studio finish. Doesn't mess with my concealer, goes on evenly & perfectly!
I also use this to set my face with powder after doing my liquid foundation. I like the application (skinfinish again) to be super light as I'm already using a full coverage foundation. This is the perfect brush for precisely that! It delivers the best results, putting on exactly the amount of product I need and giving me the finished airbrushed look.

I personally use it by tapping the brush on the skinfinish powder (like you would when tapping a brush on liquid foundation to get a stippling, pixelated effect). Then I simply tap/sweep it across my face. Works perfectly!

I also use it to put on finishing powder, like the silica based ones, as my last step.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this brush! It is super soft and dense and I havent had any issues with shedding since I got it.

on 1/3/2014 8:35:00 AM

A nice juicy big brush that is great for setting an entire face after the make-up is done.

on 12/14/2013 2:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Omg...I try not to think about all the money I've spent on expensive brushes that shed, hurt my face or don't apply my mu evenly. Thank you ulta SA for introducing me to this brush (I had purchased the core collection but hadn't really used it until I got this one which I desperately needed)
This works beautifully for applying powder foundation, right now I'm wearing benefit hello flawless and use the side of the brush so it doesn't kick up too much product. I use the middle to blend everything together. Love it.

on 12/12/2013 8:19:00 AM

Another RT brush I don't enjoy. This particular brush is HUGE - almost too big. It feels like there are too many bristles in the brush which is problamatic because, although marginally (and only marginally) more efficient than the blush brush, it still struggles to pick up much product as it is also very soft. If you're looking for a minimal powder effect, then this would likley suit your needs, but for me, because I only use powder on special occassions, I want my brush to pick up a bit more than this seems to. Plus, the fact that it picks up minimal product means you spend twice as long applying powder to achieve the effect you're looking for.

Another disappointment, for me. Sorry, RT!

on 12/10/2013 1:23:00 PM

I love this brush! First of all I'm obsessed with big fluffy brushes, but the one I fell in love with in sephora was well over my budget so I decided to try this and I love it! It's fluffy and soft and just feels like heaven on a skin! My only negative point which is just my preference-I'm not big fan of thick handles but I'm in love with real technique brushes so I can overlook that.
Great soft brush! And so far no shedding! Feels sturdy too!

on 12/8/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just love it!Does an excelent job!

on 12/1/2013 12:04:00 AM

Oh my goodness how I love this brush! I just bought it, and I'm completely in love. I have a few other powder brushes, but those don't even compare. I love how soft it is, and how well it applies and sets my powder. I also have this obsession with big puffy powder brushes and could never find one big enough or soft enough for my taste, but I finally found the perfect one! This seems like a great brand of makeup brushes and will definitely be checking out more of her brushes. One last thing.. the price! You get quality and performance without having to pay a 100$ or more.

on 11/17/2013 6:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This powder brush is fantastic. It's huge fluffy and perfect for powder and bronzer. It's like a giant kabuki brush and I love it! I use it with my setting powder. You cannot go wrong with Real techniques. Their brushes are amazing and so affordable.

on 11/10/2013 4:03:00 PM

Absolutely wonderful for the price! I paid 10.00 for this big fluffy wonder at my local Walgreen's. Doesn't shed, soft as a kitten, and product goes on evenly. My only complaint would be that I wish it was flatter and more tapered at the end. Just a personal preference. Also I don't find the look of the brush very attractive. But, bottom line is there are no better brushes at this price range. Period. I'll be buying more.

Popular Makeup Brushes