Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Powder Brush

4.5

on 1/21/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a well made, very soft, very luxurious brush, especially for the price. Its also huge and way too big to get in all the contours of my face when applying powder. This would be great for applying powder or shimmer to the body, and its also a good size for all over bronzer for the face, maybe in the summer I'll get more use out if it for that.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Excellent powder brush at an affordable price. Is it as soft as the expensive animal hair powder brushes you might have been coveting from a high end line? No, but I've never seen a cruelty-free brush be able to mimic that level of luxurious softness. Particularly not at a sub-$15 price point. That's not to say that animal hair always trumps synthetic hair in feel, just that the animal hair has a higher quality ceiling. Anyway, RT's powder brush is definitely soft enough to please just about everyone. It feels very nice on the face, soft and not at all scratchy. It's a nice big fluffy brush, so it's great for dusting finishing/setting powders or bronzer sheerly and evenly over the face. I wouldn't recommend it for applying powder foundations, as the bristles are too long and too fluffy to deliver more than sheer coverage. If you're in a pinch though and this is all you have, using the side of the brush like a paddle foundation brush can deliver more coverage.

Like all Real Techniques brushes I've tried, this brush doesn't shed and holds its shape and softness after washing. It's very well constructed, so unlike with some budget brushes (white handled Sonia Kashuk brushes, I'm looking at you!), I don't have to worry about the glue holding the brush head and handle together wearing out over time. These brushes are made to last!

on 1/12/2014 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

MY FAVORITE brush ever. This is super soft and so nice. I use this for mineral foundation, blush, finishing powder, etc. It's very versatile and so soft. Did I say soft? lol, its the softest brush I have ever used. I really do get that airbrushed finished with it.

Her brushes are so good, i am going to buy them all eventually. Such great quality and does what it says. I will not bother getting any MAC brushes now or Sigma.

on 1/9/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OMG. This brush is huge!!! A fair warning to everyone. But, it is the best powder brush ever. :)

I use this to apply my Mac mineralize skin finish after concealing with studio finish. Doesn't mess with my concealer, goes on evenly & perfectly!
I also use this to set my face with powder after doing my liquid foundation. I like the application (skinfinish again) to be super light as I'm already using a full coverage foundation. This is the perfect brush for precisely that! It delivers the best results, putting on exactly the amount of product I need and giving me the finished airbrushed look.

I personally use it by tapping the brush on the skinfinish powder (like you would when tapping a brush on liquid foundation to get a stippling, pixelated effect). Then I simply tap/sweep it across my face. Works perfectly!

I also use it to put on finishing powder, like the silica based ones, as my last step.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this brush! It is super soft and dense and I havent had any issues with shedding since I got it.

on 1/3/2014 8:35:00 AM

A nice juicy big brush that is great for setting an entire face after the make-up is done.

on 12/14/2013 2:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Omg...I try not to think about all the money I've spent on expensive brushes that shed, hurt my face or don't apply my mu evenly. Thank you ulta SA for introducing me to this brush (I had purchased the core collection but hadn't really used it until I got this one which I desperately needed)
This works beautifully for applying powder foundation, right now I'm wearing benefit hello flawless and use the side of the brush so it doesn't kick up too much product. I use the middle to blend everything together. Love it.

on 12/12/2013 8:19:00 AM

Another RT brush I don't enjoy. This particular brush is HUGE - almost too big. It feels like there are too many bristles in the brush which is problamatic because, although marginally (and only marginally) more efficient than the blush brush, it still struggles to pick up much product as it is also very soft. If you're looking for a minimal powder effect, then this would likley suit your needs, but for me, because I only use powder on special occassions, I want my brush to pick up a bit more than this seems to. Plus, the fact that it picks up minimal product means you spend twice as long applying powder to achieve the effect you're looking for.

Another disappointment, for me. Sorry, RT!

on 12/10/2013 1:23:00 PM

I love this brush! First of all I'm obsessed with big fluffy brushes, but the one I fell in love with in sephora was well over my budget so I decided to try this and I love it! It's fluffy and soft and just feels like heaven on a skin! My only negative point which is just my preference-I'm not big fan of thick handles but I'm in love with real technique brushes so I can overlook that.
Great soft brush! And so far no shedding! Feels sturdy too!

on 12/8/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just love it!Does an excelent job!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products