September 17, 2014 | 2094 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely wonderful for the price! I paid 10.00 for this big fluffy wonder at my local Walgreen's. Doesn't shed, soft as a kitten, and product goes on evenly. My only complaint would be that I wish it was flatter and more tapered at the end. Just a personal preference. Also I don't find the look of the brush very attractive. But, bottom line is there are no better brushes at this price range. Period. I'll be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I love that is really big and feels really soft on your face. Gets the powder evenly all over my face in no time flat and it's been great with both loose and pressed powders. The bristles are nice and dense, but not so dense that it feels stiff. It's perfect for powder, but I actually also use it for bronzer if I'm bronzing up my whole face. It's also really easy to clean, a little bit of baby shampoo does the trick and it dries super fast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've already purchased my 2nd of this brush. Perfect for a light all over dusting; very soft, generous brush. Easy to clean with a swipe on a my Dove soap bar used just for brushes.

HOWEVER. Dear Sam, I've just received my first order of RT brushes from Real Techniques supplier and OH MY. Why is my invoice attached in clear plastic on the outside of the package? The itemized list and my personal information including phone number outside of the package? Really?

If I didn't already have a longstanding history with my bank that I will always use the same incorrect phone number to keep my real number off lists and such, I'd be mad as heck with the way you safeguard private information. Please change this packing/shipping method.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this brush!

Pros:
- The size of it is fabelous
- It's such a good quality
- It's kinda cheap.
- Love the long shaft (that makes it so much easyer to clean the brush without destroying the clue which holds the hair and the shaft together - I know I explain it terribly)

Cons:
- none what so ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I have sensitive skin so bristles have to be soft.........i also have the blush brush and somehow the hair on that one is much softer than this........for people that are not super picky with hair quality, it's still a great option....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by akyu615

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this powder brush!! It's so fluffy!!! (Agnes voice). And so so soft. Its also dense but not densely packed if that makes any sense. One of my favorite Real Techniques brushes. I use this to apply my MAC pressed blot powder. For less than $10 at Ulta. Would def recommend especially during one of their bogo 1/2 off sales with ecotools.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by 4everbeauty21

I love this line of brushes their good quality they do their job and thru really inexpensive

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by lalas17

I love this brush! I don't have much to compare it to, but it's fluffy and so soft on my skin that I've begun to absolutely love powdering now. I heard about it from Tanya Burr and Zoella, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by TheDragonsVanity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Powder Brush is HUGE and extra fluffy. It works great to dust a light amount of finishing or setting powder all over the face. Its so big though, that I can't use it to dust away any fall-out that may have occurred while doing my eye makeup. It just won't fit under there!

All Real Techniques brushes are very easy to clean and dry quickly. None of the Real Techniques brushes I have have ever shed on me, nor are any of them stained from continued use of colored products.

I have 2 downsides to Real Techniques brushes:

1) If you use alcohol or an alcohol-based cleaner to spot-clean clean your synthetic brushes, be sure to keep it away from the rubbery/soft coating on the black handle- it will melt the coating off. It doesn't ruin the brush, but you will be left with a black, shiny plastic handle with sharpish edges (this happened to my Expert Face Brush).

2) The aluminum ferrule will dent relatively easily compared to steel ferrules of other brushes. Do NOT knock the brush on the side of your sink to shake the excess water out after you've washed any of your Real Techniques brushes- it will dent the crap out of it. Don't ask me how I know. ~sigh~

Overall Real Techniques brushes are high quality, ultra-soft brushes at a great price point. I would recommend them to anyone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another mediocre rating from me on this line of brushes.

This powder brush like others have said I find too floppy to give me a good powder application. I am not sure what I am doing wrong to be honest, maybe it's just down to preference?

The brushes in this line really are not that bad, they are decent enough but I find that this one isn't to my liking. It's just too meh. Sorry, this is a crap review I think - very short. I use it with loose powder and I find it unwieldy and it doesn't really make the most of my expensive powder.

I also hate the thick base, I dont' want to stand my brushes up on the table!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No