October 26, 2014 | 845 users online

Conditioner - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ali8388

For really dry, colored, thick curly hair, this product doesn't quite do the trick...or at least it requires more than I would like to use. It's a bit pricey for the amount of conditioner I need - at least 4-6 pumps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great creamy and a nice scent. I didn't like this conditioner at first, but then I just came to love it. I have oily fine hair that tangles very easily, So I don't use it on my roots everywhere else it's great and helps comb out the tangles. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Great product! What's not to like? The ingredients are all Ethically traded and sustainably produced. Has been fair trade for 100 years. Never tested on animals and it sulfate-free and color safe. No parabens, no phthalates, no paraffin, no gluten, no propylene glycol, no mineral oil, no synthetic fragrances, no PABA, no synthetic colorings, no DEA, no animal ingredients, and no sulfates.
This product is touted as being leave-in OR rinse out, but since I have an oilier scalp I haven't used it as a leave-in.
Scent is subjective. The smell isn't bad to me at all, smells a bit like honeysuckle, very natural smelling because all the ingredients are natural. This stuff seems to absorb quickly into my hair. Provides good slip. I've been using Shea Moisture products exclusively now for almost a year (in conjunction with not using any more chemical treatments) and I have NEVER used a single hair product of any kind for this long- I'm always on the lookout for the 'next best thing' but for me (perpetual over-achiever and ingredient snob), this is it. And I can definitely say there is a significant improvement with my hair's strength. I DON'T LOSE HALF AS MUCH HAIR A DAY as I did when I used more 'commercial' products. My hair is also shinier, fuller, and bouncier. I haven't found anything else that compares to this stuff. I will concede that the pump is an annoying feature when you're trying to get the last bit. As far as price goes, $9.99 for 12 oz is a flippin' steal for the quality of the ingredients. You can pay triple this price for a bottle of salon garbage that is loaded with smell-good, smothering, synthetic ingredients. I'd gladly pay double and believe it was a fair trade.
Ingredients: Deionized water, certified organic shea butter, argan oil, coconut oil, behentrimonium chloride (a type of salt used as a preservative), essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, vitamin B-5, avocado oil, honeycuckle flower and japanese honeysuckle flower extract, vitamin E, Carrot seed oil.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The smell: horrid. The moisture: mediocre. The bottle: annoying, especially when you get down to the last little bit and have to take the pump off to get any. It's got great ingredients and isn't too different from the deep treatment masque but for some reason my hair just doesn't dig it as much as other things. Oh, well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

I bought this product as part of the boxed Repair and Transition kit. First I tried this as a rinse-out conditioner after using the shampoo. It left my hair so moisturized, but had no slip whatsoever. (I figured that, my hair loves cones to detangle and this has none) However, it works wonderfully as a leave-in conditioner. When I use this, my 4a hair smells so good and feels so soft. It even has more swing than it has with other moisturizers. I'm not entirely sure if I will repurchase because I have other moisturizers that work just as well and are cheaper than this.
I recommend this product to anyone who needs a shot of strengthening moisture in their hair regimen.
Edit 7/15/12: I have purchased the full-size bottle after running out of the trial size from the box kit. It's still treating my hair right. In my experience, once my hair is dry I can only smell the fragrance if I pull my hair to my nose. I've received several compliments from others about the smell. The Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus (salmon label) products have a lighter scent.
Update 8/15/2014: I've moved on to the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie as my primary moisturizer/styling product, but I'll come back to this in a pinch.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

GREAT GREAT GREAT product! I've been using this conditioner, the shampoo that goes with it, the curl & style milk, and the reconstructive elixir for about a year now...... And my 3c curly/kinky hair has done a complete 180! I use to use whatever the salons recommended and a whole bunch of gel to style my hair (I found an argan oil mousse that's alcohol/sulfate free at CVS to replace the gel)......it was so dry and the gel would make it crunchy.....not cute..... I had no clue how to take care of my hair....i saw this line at target (and Walgreens) and let me tell u these products have changed my life. They are natural which is a huge deal cuz I'm switching everything over to natural products and they are effective! This conditioner leaves my hair soft and full of moisture, my curls are so pretty, I get so many compliments......and just $10! The only I guess con is I wish they came in bigger bottles......it lasts me about a month, depending on how often I wash (which is usually twice a week).......but I don't really mind cuz these products are IMO THE best for curly hair!!! Oh and this conditioner can double as a leave-in...how great is that for $10!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by littlefangfang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the smell of this product, but it didn't do much for my hair. It made my hair feel kinda greasy and it was just sitting on top of it. I finished using it more for the good scent than anything else. I will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this conditioner. I find it really softens my hair and makes it easy to detangle. It doesn't really smell like anything, which I actually like, and the packaging is great -- gotta love that pump bottle! At $10, it's a little pricey for a conditioner you'd buy at a drugstore, but a single bottle lasts forever and a little goes a long way. I love that all-natural ingredient list, too. Bottom line, it's a great product. It does what a conditioner is supposed to do, and does it well.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lawrybaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

i recently cut my hair and decided to try some organic shampoo and conditioner since i was going natural. i ran into this brand in target, $10 for 12fl oz.... this conditioner makes my hair curly when i apply it but immediately when i rinse it off, my hair is back to being dry. i haven't really noticed a change in my hair since i have being using it along with the shampoo. i am still going to finish the bottle and i doubt i will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by pinkboa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the matching shampoo alot but the conditioner is not as moisturizing as I thought it would be. It has a wonderful scent. It is better as a leave-in than a rinse out for me.