July 30, 2014 | 1683 users online

Conditioner - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

GREAT GREAT GREAT product! I've been using this conditioner, the shampoo that goes with it, the curl & style milk, and the reconstructive elixir for about a year now...... And my 3c curly/kinky hair has done a complete 180! I use to use whatever the salons recommended and a whole bunch of gel to style my hair (I found an argan oil mousse that's alcohol/sulfate free at CVS to replace the gel)......it was so dry and the gel would make it crunchy.....not cute..... I had no clue how to take care of my hair....i saw this line at target (and Walgreens) and let me tell u these products have changed my life. They are natural which is a huge deal cuz I'm switching everything over to natural products and they are effective! This conditioner leaves my hair soft and full of moisture, my curls are so pretty, I get so many compliments......and just $10! The only I guess con is I wish they came in bigger bottles......it lasts me about a month, depending on how often I wash (which is usually twice a week).......but I don't really mind cuz these products are IMO THE best for curly hair!!! Oh and this conditioner can double as a leave-in...how great is that for $10!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by littlefangfang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the smell of this product, but it didn't do much for my hair. It made my hair feel kinda greasy and it was just sitting on top of it. I finished using it more for the good scent than anything else. I will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this conditioner. I find it really softens my hair and makes it easy to detangle. It doesn't really smell like anything, which I actually like, and the packaging is great -- gotta love that pump bottle! At $10, it's a little pricey for a conditioner you'd buy at a drugstore, but a single bottle lasts forever and a little goes a long way. I love that all-natural ingredient list, too. Bottom line, it's a great product. It does what a conditioner is supposed to do, and does it well.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lawrybaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

i recently cut my hair and decided to try some organic shampoo and conditioner since i was going natural. i ran into this brand in target, $10 for 12fl oz.... this conditioner makes my hair curly when i apply it but immediately when i rinse it off, my hair is back to being dry. i haven't really noticed a change in my hair since i have being using it along with the shampoo. i am still going to finish the bottle and i doubt i will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by pinkboa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the matching shampoo alot but the conditioner is not as moisturizing as I thought it would be. It has a wonderful scent. It is better as a leave-in than a rinse out for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is actually a better conditioner than the one that comes in a jar. It does have some mild detangling properties but I wouldn't bank on it if you have a snarl fest going on in your hair. It does leave you hair soft if you use it as a leave in conditioner. But in the summer, it is a bit too heavy for my hair or maybe I am being a bit heavy handed. Either way, my face is just looking like a Exxon Mobil oil spill memorial when I wear this. The scent is agreeable, which I can't say for the others. Which is weird since they are all in the same product line.

Here are the ingredients:
de-ionized water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, Argan oil, coconut oil*, Behentrimonium chloride, essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, Panthenol (vitamin B-5), avocado oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E) and Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil.

Despite the "meh" reviews, I would repurchase this. It has it positives and the negatives is not that bad where I would take out an ad on a billboard encouraging others not to purchase this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this conditioner because all the others were sold out at Target. This is a very thick conditioner that soaks right in. It has a nice smell and a very creamy consistency. I like that fact that it left my hair feeling really soft and fluffy. But I don't like the fact that it left my hair LOOKING very soft and fluffy lol. It doesn't define curls very well so I must put a setting lotion ON TOP of the product. I usually add a powder product and some essential oils to all of my conditioners because they're my secret weapons lol. Because this conditioner was so thick, it was really difficult to get the powder to blend...I had to mix it with the electric hand mixer for a minimum of 7 minutes!! I don't mind the extra work...I'm just sharing this story as an example of how thick this product really is. A little goes a long way and the bottle lasts a long time.
Pro's:
Smell
Ingredients
Moisturizing
Softening
Inexpensive compared to other natural products on the market
No greasy buildup or residue

Con's
Thickness
Extends Drying Time
Requires final styling product (most leave-ins have some sort of styling product in them)
Only keeps curls fresh looking for one wash (this is definitely a 'use daily' product IMO)

Overall, I like the product and intend on purchasing it again. Because a styling product is required, the products can become alittle costly. Becuase it takes my hair longer to dry when using this product, I sorta' use it only in warmer weather...when I'm able to leave the house with wet hair. I love the final results and I like how much healthier my hairline has become.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No