Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

4.1

de-ionized water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, Argan oil, coconut oil*, Behentrimonium chloride, essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, Panthenol (vitamin B-5), avocado oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E) and Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really spectacular product! Not only does it work great, it is natural, affordable, easily accessible & fair trade/good cause! What's not to like is really the question in this case.

I have very curly 3b hair that is color treated, heat styled a few fines a week on top of it already being prone to dryness, frizzy and breakage.

I bought this because it had sine really nice hydrating ingredients that I've has good luck with in the past. I use it as a leave in and it really does make my hair feel softer and smoother and seals in moisture. Typically I use this under gel because I need some extra help with hold. After using it consistently I noticed the overall health of my hair improving.

I didn't much care for it as a regular rinse out conditioner. It didn't detangle enough and I felt like I had to keep adding more and more and I would've used up a whole bottle by the time I was detangled. I used the matching shampoo.which was only 'ok' imo. This is a great product if you do-wash/no-poor etc because it doesn't build up - at least not for me, but my hair loves oil & shea; it just soaks it.right up! Maybe of you have fine, limp or thin hair this might be too much, it better as a rinse out only.

I do agree the smell us a bit too strong though.

Otherwise, I really like & recommend for anyone with dry/frizzy hair. It's really nice at repairing damages hair as well. I just finished the bottle and will buy a replacement (but I am waiting fit walgreens to do another bogo!) I used the one for curly hair as well and also really liked it!

on 5/23/2012 2:20:00 PM

I've been wearing my 3b hair curly again and I LOVE this as a leave-in. It leaves my hair so soft and crunch free with the styling milk. HG

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great conditioner that can be used as a leave-in or rinse out product. Currently I use it as a leave-in conditioner and it does a great job detangling my hair. It's a light conditioner that is not greasy at all.

on 5/14/2012 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Great conditioner with natural, organic ingredients. I've tried other similar shampoos/conditioners that touted the same type of ingredients but they fell flat. Pun intended. This detangles and moisturizes well. It has good slip - it spreads throughout the hair fairly well, so you don't have to use 10-12 pumps of it like I've experienced with other sulfate-free conditioners (like Sally Hair One). I use about 4 pumps on my long hair. The smell might be a little strong for some people in the shower, but my hair smells great after it's dry. I've also tried this as a leave-in and it has done its job - nothing amazing but a great way for added moisture, shine, and conditioning.

on 5/3/2012 11:58:00 AM

For really dry, colored, thick curly hair, this product doesn't quite do the trick...or at least it requires more than I would like to use. It's a bit pricey for the amount of conditioner I need - at least 4-6 pumps.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This product is great creamy and a nice scent. I didn't like this conditioner at first, but then I just came to love it. I have oily fine hair that tangles very easily, So I don't use it on my roots everywhere else it's great and helps comb out the tangles. A keeper.

Great product! What's not to like? The ingredients are all Ethically traded and sustainably produced. Has been fair trade for 100 years. Never tested on animals and it sulfate-free and color safe. No parabens, no phthalates, no paraffin, no gluten, no propylene glycol, no mineral oil, no synthetic fragrances, no PABA, no synthetic colorings, no DEA, no animal ingredients, and no sulfates.
This product is touted as being leave-in OR rinse out, but since I have an oilier scalp I haven't used it as a leave-in.
Scent is subjective. The smell isn't bad to me at all, smells a bit like honeysuckle, very natural smelling because all the ingredients are natural. This stuff seems to absorb quickly into my hair. Provides good slip. I've been using Shea Moisture products exclusively now for almost a year (in conjunction with not using any more chemical treatments) and I have NEVER used a single hair product of any kind for this long- I'm always on the lookout for the 'next best thing' but for me (perpetual over-achiever and ingredient snob), this is it. And I can definitely say there is a significant improvement with my hair's strength. I DON'T LOSE HALF AS MUCH HAIR A DAY as I did when I used more 'commercial' products. My hair is also shinier, fuller, and bouncier. I haven't found anything else that compares to this stuff. I will concede that the pump is an annoying feature when you're trying to get the last bit. As far as price goes, $9.99 for 12 oz is a flippin' steal for the quality of the ingredients. You can pay triple this price for a bottle of salon garbage that is loaded with smell-good, smothering, synthetic ingredients. I'd gladly pay double and believe it was a fair trade.
Ingredients: Deionized water, certified organic shea butter, argan oil, coconut oil, behentrimonium chloride (a type of salt used as a preservative), essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, vitamin B-5, avocado oil, honeycuckle flower and japanese honeysuckle flower extract, vitamin E, Carrot seed oil.

on 3/22/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

The smell: horrid. The moisture: mediocre. The bottle: annoying, especially when you get down to the last little bit and have to take the pump off to get any. It's got great ingredients and isn't too different from the deep treatment masque but for some reason my hair just doesn't dig it as much as other things. Oh, well.

on 3/3/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I bought this product as part of the boxed Repair and Transition kit. First I tried this as a rinse-out conditioner after using the shampoo. It left my hair so moisturized, but had no slip whatsoever. (I figured that, my hair loves cones to detangle and this has none) However, it works wonderfully as a leave-in conditioner. When I use this, my 4a hair smells so good and feels so soft. It even has more swing than it has with other moisturizers. I'm not entirely sure if I will repurchase because I have other moisturizers that work just as well and are cheaper than this.
I recommend this product to anyone who needs a shot of strengthening moisture in their hair regimen.
Edit 7/15/12: I have purchased the full-size bottle after running out of the trial size from the box kit. It's still treating my hair right. In my experience, once my hair is dry I can only smell the fragrance if I pull my hair to my nose. I've received several compliments from others about the smell. The Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus (salmon label) products have a lighter scent.
Update 8/15/2014: I've moved on to the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie as my primary moisturizer/styling product, but I'll come back to this in a pinch.

on 1/29/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

GREAT GREAT GREAT product! I've been using this conditioner, the shampoo that goes with it, the curl & style milk, and the reconstructive elixir for about a year now...... And my 3c curly/kinky hair has done a complete 180! I use to use whatever the salons recommended and a whole bunch of gel to style my hair (I found an argan oil mousse that's alcohol/sulfate free at CVS to replace the gel)......it was so dry and the gel would make it crunchy.....not cute..... I had no clue how to take care of my hair....i saw this line at target (and Walgreens) and let me tell u these products have changed my life. They are natural which is a huge deal cuz I'm switching everything over to natural products and they are effective! This conditioner leaves my hair soft and full of moisture, my curls are so pretty, I get so many compliments......and just $10! The only I guess con is I wish they came in bigger bottles......it lasts me about a month, depending on how often I wash (which is usually twice a week).......but I don't really mind cuz these products are IMO THE best for curly hair!!! Oh and this conditioner can double as a leave-in...how great is that for $10!!!

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products