October 22, 2014 | 1747 users online

Liquid - Stila - Perfect & Correct Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I'm still on the fence about this one. I'd really like more coverage since this is a foundation and not a TM. I also don't like how it feels tacky for the first few minutes after applying though that did go away. The Shade Fair is definitely a better match but not spot on. Again, for $44, I really wanted to just love it.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This is only day 2 of this product for me so I plan to update in a few days or so. I first picked up the shade Light which looked fine in the store but once I got home was way too dark. Even my 7-year-old daughter noticed. I then took it back and exchanged it for Fair, the lightest shade. This was definitely better but not exactly my perfect match. Anyway, this goes on very nice, it's almost creamy but dries to a somewhat matte finish. I definitely needed to layer some more on some problem spots so it's pretty sheer on one initial application. Seemed to have pretty good staying power and I can get pretty oily by mid day. The reason I'm giving it a 3 is because for the price, I wanted to be wowed and I'm just not. I'm going to try it for a few more days but may exchange for Stila's TM. I'll update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok, I also bought this due to the reviews here. I'm glad I listened. This is fantastic.. the texture & finish are as close to perfect that I've found! And I have about 20-25 foundations in a drawer that I've been disappointed with! This is the first foundation I've tried that is perfect without powder! The finish is medium, but build-able.. yet not cakey. I don't have huge pores, but this makes my skin look flawless. Smooths all imperfections and also evens out all my redness. I still need concealer on my acne scars, but the ending result is so natural and smooth, I could care less. I'm extremely impressed & I'm so happy I found this product! I'm hoping I don't break out from it.. cause it is nothing less that miraculous IMO. LOVE! The price is a bit high, but I don't care... I'll pay it for something this spectacular :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I just stumbled upon reviews for this new Stila foundation, and although at the time there were only a handful, the raves for it were so crystal clear I rushed out to buy it. I am so, so pleased.

Here's what Stila says about this product:

•Swirled with an advanced emolient system
•Unique multi-mineral complex
•Contains potent antioxidants & skin soothing chamomile
•Helps diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles
•Helps hydrate & balance
•Helps minimize pores & control oil
•High definition, high performance
•Weightless, medium coverage

It all seems to be true (although I can't speak for the diminishing of fine lines and wrinkles - I don't have them at this point). My skin is oily but dehydrated, and it loves this stuff. It feels cool on contact, and makes my face look soft and natural, matte without looking flat. It covers small imperfections decently (but won't cover major redness or scarring). It does keep the oilies at bay, which is a struggle for any foundation that meets my skin.

Right now I'm topping this with Cargo Blu Ray powder, and the finish is absolutely divine. For reference, I'm NC25, and I match Light perfectly. My one gripe, perhaps, is that it doesn't seem to stay perfect as long as my other favorite, Lancome Teint Miracle - I'm up at 6 and my face is done by 6:30; if I'm wearing Teint Miracle, by 8 pm my makeup still looks fairly fresh. Not so much with this, but that's a lot to ask for any foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

so far so good.. I bought and thought meh... give it a try.

It's been a delightful surprise..and I may just have found a new HG foundation.

I will report back, but this so far gets an A+ from me for overall performance, coverage and natural looking finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I, too, would've never purchased this if it weren't for the reviews here that I stumbled upon. I've had bad luck with Stila foundations in the past and complete wrote them off. Now that the weather is turning hot and sticky here, I realized I had to find a new foundation after mine starting pooling on my face.

I swatched this on my hand in the store and I was immediately impressed by the finish. I love the pump and I apply with my Sephora 55 brush. There is way more coverage in this foundation than I ever would've thought. I think this is a medium-full coverage and I only need a pump and a half. The finish is matte but not drying, and very smooth. The only complaint I have is that they need more colors. I am somewhere between NC25-40 depending on my fake tan and I had to purchase this in Light. It's a tad bit peachy but a pretty good match. Definitely try this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Lovely. I never would have tried this if not for the reviews on here, because it looked gimmicky in the store and Stila just isn't who I turn to for foundation. But I gave it a shot and holy cow, this is great foundation. Here's why.

I don't have to use primer with it. It melts into my skin and leaves me with a matte, velvet complexion that doesn't look dry/cakey or dewy/oily. And not only does it last a crazy long time on me, my blush and bronzer lasts on it as well. My combination skin basically eats makeup no matter what, and I always have to touch up throughout the day. So this is almost a miracle, a foundation that endures like this.

I am NC27 and bought this in Light. My skin is oily/combination.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry I have to break the high scores for this product, but I really didn't like it.
I am oily with dehydrated skin, so the concept of this foundation seemed perfect for me.
I loved the way it applied, it felt nice, moisturizing and soothing on my skin. The coverage was so-so, light to medium I would say, which was a bit less than what I usually go for (EL DW is my HG), but still OK.
I also love the way it looks in the bottle, I think it's so cute.
But that's all I liked about it.
It made me oily within one hour, and after 2-3 blottings it became patchy and emphasized my flakey skin. It just didn't look pretty.
By the end of the work day, it felt a bit heavy and I was looking forward to washing it off!
I will return it at Sephora, unfortunately, because I just don't feel it does much for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Tatouz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in love... with this foundation. i just got it yesterday, used it this morning and i am so impressed. it lasted all day. it stayed very illuminous all day, but didn't get oily. it didn't emphasize my pores. it just a beautiful finish. a great everyday foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by tigger2438

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Being 40 now (boooo!), I have had plenty of opportunity/time to try various foundations. I have NEVER found one that I really really like. The color has either been off or turned orange, been too heavy and thick, or the foundation has settled into my pores, or turned into an oil slick an hour into wearing it. After reading the reviews here, I was curious to try this one out. Trying different shades of this on in the store to see which color suited me best, I noticed that it covered up some redness/rosacea I had on my chin extremely well without looking heavy or cakey and the "light" color was spot on for me. It looked completely natural, only better! That was enough for me, I purchased it right then and there, no further sampling needed. The price is high, but after searching so long for a HG foundation, I was willing to pay if it worked for me.

After applying it at home with a foundation brush the next morning, I am happy to report this may be perfection. Pores are substantially diminished, the foundation looks 'finished' even without applying powder, the color is a perfect match, it's not settling into my pores and disappearing and my face isn't turning into a puddle of oil. It's not heavy, doesn't look like a mask but yet somehow still provides amazing coverage. This foundation makes my skin look perfect, even with large pores, rosacea and a blemish here and there, and I've NEVER had that in a foundation before. Ever. I will need to wear it for a week or so to see if it truly lives up to the 5-star I've given it, but so far, I think it will. I can't stop looking at my face in the mirror, I almost don't believe it. So thankful I found this foundation to give it a try. Will report back after I've worn it for a while, but so far, REALLY good!!!!!!!

Update (7/27/11) Used almost half this foundation and I have to update my review. I'm really not sold much anymore. Turns out it more like a tinted moisturizer than foundation, on me at least, meaning it seems to just sink in my skin and disappear. At least it doesn't look too cakey for that reason, but it didn't too much for my rosacea or the few blemish scars I had here and there. It feels nice and light enough, just doesn't do much as the day wears on I'm noticing. Not for the price. Back to the drawing board as far as foundations go.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I waited 2-3 weeks to review this. Usually I love something at first but in a week I am less enthusiastic.
Well, I am pleased to say I too have quite a few good things to say!
pros-
Great for very fair skin, I am a NW 10 ish and the lightest shade matches me very well, even in sunlight.
Great for dry skin, my skin is notorious for sucking the moisture out of my foundation leaving my cheeks looking crumbly/flaky. Hasn't happened once with this!
No need to use a primer. I apply this with fingers over my gel moisturizer and it looks great.
No need to set with powder which is a huge bonus, especially if you have dry skin.
Sets quickly, my BB creams all have a much longer dry time which makes me crazy when I am in a rush.
My cheeks have less visible pores and are less red, even before I apply this foundation. -I never expected this!
I have gotten numerous compliments on my skin since buying.
The boyfriend likes it (!!), it's enough coverage to make me happy but not opaque, which is something he greatly dislikes.

cons-
Slight tingle upon application, but no burning/redness/reaction.
I would prefer a bit more glow, but by adding half a pump of smashbox artificial light this is the perfect foundation for me.