E.L.F. Studio Angled Eyeliner brush

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/18/2011 12:23:00 PM

I think this brush is amazing, I can finally do the perfect lines and wings with this brush, and only $3? Perfect :)

on 9/19/2011 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pretty good brush for $3. I occasionally use gel eyeliner and I didn't feel like spending a fortune on a brush I don't use everyday. This does a pretty good job. I like how it is super thin so you can create thick or thin lines. I wish it was a little firmer though. Also the tip gets a little bent after use and a few hairs started fraying out (I just cut them with a little pair of scissors) and caused the line to get all messed up. You can beat this for $3 but if you use gel or cream eyeliner everyday I would recommend investing in something a little better quality!

on 9/5/2011 3:21:00 PM

This is a great brush. The angle lets me tight line without having to pull my eyes open which means they water less and the line stays longer. I can also do a cat eye without having to close my eye, so the line is more precise and they come out more symmetrical.

The packaging was a little cheap but for the price who cares? It was $3 at target. I haven't lost any bristles and I don't think it's too soft as other reviewers have said. While the line is thin, it allows more more precision, so I love it!

on 9/3/2011 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this product to use with my mac fluid line. It is very small and the angle occurs at a very short distance from the tip of the brush. This makes it difficult to do a solid line on the lash line. The proximity of the bend also blocks the view of the eye area during application. I would recommend this brush only if you need a very thin line. However, if not I would definitely go with the sonia kashuk angled eyeliner brush instead. It has the perfect angle and the brush is thick enough to create a solid line as well as a precise wing. It definitely makes using gel eyeliner a breeze.

on 9/2/2011 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I thought at first this brush might not work out well since it's super cheap. I gave it a lot of thought if I should buy this or not. I decided to get it obviously and I love it. I was sooo surprised at how well this worked. Only $3.00 and this brush works as well at the high-end brushes.

on 9/2/2011 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this brush!!! With this brush its so easy to do a winged liner look!
Previously applying eye liner was difficult for me! Now I have become very fast to apply the eye liner :-D I couldn't be happier!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm not too impressed. I wanted an angled eyeliner brush for so long and was so happy to see ELF had one.
It looks great. I did notice that not all the brushes are angled the same, some are more tilted than others. you really have to sift through them all to make sure you're getting the right one for you.
It's easy to handle but the brush is too soft to make neat lines. I used it with ELF's cream liner and it couldn't hold up. It doesn't have the stiffness required for more dense liners. It makes me very nervous to even try to use it with powder shadows.

I'm very disappointed with this brush. ELF is onto something but they need to remodel it.
I won't throw it away since I just HATE throwing makeup/brushes away. This brush could be a lot worse but I'm determined to make it work.

on 8/6/2011 7:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is an OK brush. The price is great and the fact it's angled also rocks, it's easier to see what you're doing. I think maybe i just didn't get a good one, as other people seem to love theirs. But, mine is kinda flimsy and the brush fibres are a bit too soft and splayed, so it can be difficult to get a thin, precise line. Apart from that it does work well and the price is good so i will probably re-purchase.

on 7/28/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is such a great brush. I only use it with my cream eyeliner (doesn't matter which one) when I want to make a really thin line or just fill out the ''spaces'' between my eyelashes to make them appear thicker. If you like a thicker cat eye I recommend using something else, not that this doesn't work but it takes more time because the brush is so thin and the bristles are long. I really like the fact that it is so very precise. Although the brush is stiff the bristles are really soft and don't scratch your eye at all. Can't believe I got this on sale for only 2 euros.
Edit: I lowered the rating to 3 because the bristles have splayed and unless I'm doing a really thick line the brush is practically unusable now.

on 7/20/2011 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love it for my gel eye liner! It's relatively soft, but sturdy enough to give a precise application ( I like a thin line of liner). it does get a little bit stiff, but just rub it on your hand to get it a little fluffy, or else it'll scrape your eye liner instead of just lightly getting product. I highly recommend this, it's super cheap and of great quality. I think it's gonna last a while, and is completely comparable to $30$-80 brushes. Great for a defined thin line, and with about 2-3 coats it can get really thick and dark, it really depends on preference. I love it!!!