October 31, 2014 | 1375 users online

Other - Vaseline - Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this stuff. but i have a love hate relationship with it.

for a long time i used regular vaseline petroleum jelly and was very happy with it. then i found this stuff.

at first i couldn't deal with the fragrance but all of a sudden it grew on me and i hardly notice it any more.

it is much more moisturizing and sinks in quicker and deeper than regular vaseline petroleum jelly. i can tell it moisturizes deeper because my skin tone looks deeper and i can see the difference in my tattoes when i use it compared with the original.

it also really helps my wrinkles on my face and fine lines around my eyes. it even has made some old scar tissue much softer and less noticeable.

but i think it may be clogging my pores on my face. i am not entirely sure since i can't really see any evidence of this - no pimples or blackheads have showed up - but i feel my pores around my chin area and mouth seem a little bumpier than usual.

i've tried going back to regular vaseline but now after using this the regular vaseline just doesn't seem to be doing as much as i like.

sigh. yes i will buy this again. i've already bought it several times even though i ended up giving away my first jar because the smell was so strong. i've thought of just making my own without the fragrance but this is so cheap and easy to find and now i kind of like the fragrance too.

i've just got to figure out how to keep my pores from becoming clogged.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by diamondsinthegrass

It's an all-in-one product. I use it primarily as an intense spot-moisturizer for my cuticles and elbows and a lip balm. It also serves, I think, as an eyelash conditioner. Rub it on the eyelashes at night, and in a week or two your eyelashes look somewhat thicker. Maybe. But this beats out Burt's Bees for me, in terms of lip balm. Works longer and loads cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by curlycolor

This stuff is a must-have. The texture is softer, smoother, and creamier than plain Vaseline. I use it on my hands, and it absorbs better than regular V. On the back of one of my hands, there's a patch of dermatitis-----rough, dry, red, itchy skin---and this stuff soothes it and calms it.

The smell is lovely---sort of vanilla-ish, but mild. Not cloyingly, overpoweringly sweet. And I love the flip-top.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I thought Aquaphor was my HG, but I tried this on a whim, and WOW. The Aquaphor was nearly perfect, but some lipsticks still chapped my lips even when using it. If I use the Vaseline Cocoa Butter before lipstick, I don't get any peeling. So, this is a must for sensitive lips. The itty-bitty pots are a bit pricey, but portable; I wish it came in a tube. The cocoa butter smell is not strong at all, so you don't have to worry about any lingering scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Looovve! When this came out I went ALL over to find it, and wanted to buy like 10 jars, but I still have my first one. Vaseline lasts so long and is so affordable! I put this in a small case and bring it where ever I go. It is my standard lip product. I love the smell, and it's even smoother than regular vaseline. I've used it under my eyes and on lashes too! Adore. And just to give a little info, I've tried oils on my skin and lashes and they clogged or made my vision blurry. Not this. I've used vaseline (regular) on my lips, hands and feet for years before. If you live in a cold/winter climate, I highly recommend any vaseline on your feet before putting on socks and shoes as it not only keeps moisture and heat in, but acts like a waterproof barrier so you won't end up with frozen toes. I kind of like Aquaphor more for my lips, but I would keep using Vaseline for all the other areas as well as on lips. It's so multi purpose and the cocoa butter just adds to that. Makes it silkier AND I actually love the smell. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

This is by far one of my most used body care products since it came out, I love it! So multi-purpose and sooo cheap. Perfect for rubbing on smaller patches of rough flaky skin like knees and elbows and not soooo greasy that you can't use it on larger areas of skin. Perfect for dry, chapped lips and those patchy, dry little areas around my cheekbones at night. I wish they'd sell this in smaller pots too! I also use this instead of cuticle remover while doing my own manicures and pedicures and of course I slather this all over my feet and put socks on before bed. In the morning my feet are so silky smooth my husband can't stop rubbing them! LOL!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent product. It's replaced all of my other lip balms. When I bought it, a huge patch of my lower lip had dried out and was about to crack. Two nights of using this and my lips are soft and perfectly smooth again. I barely need to use lip balm during the day anymore, expect when I want some sun protection. I love the new packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by justjess516

Smells sooo good and is very very moisturizing! Perfect for any super dry and flaky skin patches. Plus, the flip top packaging is quite convenient.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is SO much better than regular Vaseline petroleum jelly for moisturizing! It heals my dry winter lips within a couple of applications and really stays put. It softens cuticles right up, and it works a treat on dry feet under socks. It smells fantastic too. Everyone should have a big tub of this - it's a wonderful multipurpose product and the cocoa butter really does make a difference!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I use this on my cuticles, my heels and feet at night, my knees and elbows, my lips and even my under eye area. Cheap, easy to get and smells great. I find it to have more "slip" then the original. Great multi-purpose item to have, especially with the cold weather coming up in the Chicago area. I will definitely rebuy.