Garnier Pure-Clean

1.9

on 4/30/2012 5:55:00 PM

What is going on with Fructis???? I used to use the sleek n shine one about 5 yrs ago so i decided to try the new pure clean line... BIG MISTAKE. For me it felt like i didnt even rinse, like it was crunchy, and that was still IN the shower. The conditioner did nothing for my long colour treated black hair. Later on in the night, my scalp had this weird oily car grease smell, not cool.so what do i do with a full poo n cond????? I hate throwing things out when there full, but i kno it will just sit in my bathroom...

on 4/17/2012 2:16:00 PM

Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only person who got incurable greasiness with this conditioner. The first time, I assumed I'd somehow forgotten to rinse. The second time, I figured I'd just have to rinse *better.* The third time, I wised up: you can rinse your hair until it squeaks and still get the greasies the next day. And why does it contain corn starch?

If this is Garnier's attempt at creating a "greener," less wasteful product, they've utterly failed, because the rest of this is going in the garbage.

on 4/12/2012 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

***EDITED 4/13/2012 to add: I think I now understand why people are complaining about the smell of this product. The berry smell does not 'age' well on my hair. By the end of the day, it smells a bit 'off;' not pleasant. The issue with the scent is noticeably worse when I put any styling product in my hair... it's as if this conditioner does not 'mingle' nicely with styling products of any kind. This is not a dealbreaker, but I'm taking the rating down from 3 to 2 because I am sensitive about smells. I still would buy again because even though this is a bit drying, I like the squeaky clean feeling in warm weather, and the fact that this makes my long hair dry faster***
I walked into Rite-Aid looking for Pantene Aqua Light conditioner which I've been using, but that was sold out. An employee recommended this product as being similar. She also mentioned that they had just gotten it in stock last week. This is my first time using a Garnier hair product. After quickly smelling several of the shampoos and conditioners on the shelf, it seems like all the Garnier products smell the same, and this product was no exception. Thankfully I did not notice any unusual/rancid smell during or after use, as some other reviewers did. I did not buy the matching Pure Clean shampoo, as I do not use sulfates on my hair, which I color every 3-4 weeks to cover gray roots. I've got long, wavy hair which is brittle from all that color, but also fine and gets weighed down easily. So I need a conditioner which is light but also has enough slip to detangle my long hair, and also at least light moisturizing for my color damage. For me this is a very light product - I did not experience any build-up or residue like some other reviewers. The problem is, it's just a little too light. It's got a little slip - better than the average "natural" product from Whole Foods, actually - but I still need to use a serum or leave-in spray afterward to get all the tangles out & avoid breakage. This would be great for the lucky ladies who have fine hair, oily scalp, and normal (undamaged, not overly dry) hair. If your hair is healthy enough that you can just "wash and wear," I think this would be a great product. It rinses clean quickly. It reminds me a bit of the old Redken "flash wash"/"express wash" line from awhile back - great if you're in a hurry. I'll use it up, and might even buy again during warmer months, but for me Pantene Aqua Light is a better product, with a bit more slip & moisturization. I am thinking that based on the number of negative reviews (seemingly too many to be the result of isolated "bad batches") perhaps this product was just recently reformulated. As I said, the rite-aid employee mentioned they had just restocked the product so I know I got a "new" batch. So glad I didn't experience the residue etc. This was not awful, just average and more to the point, not the best match for my hair type.

on 3/27/2012 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I can't brush through my hair, which is pretty awful. The weird coating that others have mentioned.... it's just so bad! What a waste of money.

on 3/25/2012 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely horrible. This conditioner does not rinse well like the shampoo (which I love). It feels like the conditioner is absorbing into my hair. When rinsing, I spent more time in the shower making sure if I got everything out than the shampoo. It just felt like I didn't rinse well enough, even though I check the drain periodically for soap content. Definitely won't buy this again.

on 2/19/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because I wanted a light conditioner and I believed the "no weigh down" claim on the bottle. Not so much. My hair feels dirty a lot faster. I used to be able to wash just every other day but now I can't make it to the second day. It smells fine but I won't be buying this again.

on 1/27/2012 6:09:00 PM

This conditioner is awful. My hair looks very dry (especially on the ends) and it's really fly-away. I don't think this stuff does anything but coat your hair. Weird. It's going back to the store.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried a sample of this. I love the concept of being so free of extra stuff. The problem is that this fell very short. I actually felt this weighed my hair down so much. I also found I needed a ton of it to do anything to moisturize my ends. There was really nothing I liked about this. A very blah conditioner and not what I expect from Garnier.

on 12/5/2011 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells horrific, conditioner is conditioner-don't fall for the claims. If you want "natural", go to Whole Foods or online health food store.

on 12/5/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Yes, like everyone else said this leaves a coating on your hair. I am used to leaving some conditioner coating on my hair for moisture, so I did not mind that. But over the week I used this my hair would not hold its curl/wave no matter WHAT I did otherwise. Every day, it started out looking great, then poofed into a disheveled mess after several hours. Also....one of the ingredients in this is cornstarch. I suspect this little add-in is what is causing most of the problems with this conditioner, because oils have never done this to my hair. The coating left by the oils is great for my dry ends, but STARCH? No. Update: After tossing this and not using for a couple of weeks, I realize how nasty this had left my ends, especially the surface which got more damage from the starch-y coating this left. I would rather just use V05 than this.