Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (Reformulated & New packaging 2011)

3.3

on 10/12/2012 8:15:00 PM

I use the corrector for dark circles by Bobbi Brown and had heard very good things about their concealer. I was actually sold this new duo by a SA who said it would be BETTER than the corrector. No. It is very thick and under my eyes it becomes very visible and only increases the look of the fine lines.

I have tried to use it on other parts of my face but I am just not that impressed with the coverage.

For the price I would not recommend this concealer. There are better out there, both expensive and inexpensive.

on 10/12/2012 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had hoped that I had unlocked the "secret to the universe" by buying this concealer but I have been sorely disappointed. The concealer is so dry and chalky that it ages me by about ten years, and using an eye cream first defeats its purpose.

on 9/2/2012 1:30:00 AM

The SA sold me on this as she said it works in complimentary with BB's Corrector. I needed a better concealer anyways so I thought, why not? Might as well use what I can to fix my undereye area!
The Corrector itself works really well for me but this Creamy Concealer Kit brightens up my undereye area more. I could probably go with or without this product but it was good as a more polished look versus with just the Corrector. I definitely notice a brighter difference after using the kit in conjunction with the corrector. I'm so impressed with BB's products! This concealer also worked well with my other spots that needed concealer. I dab a bit on the areas (mostly pimple spots or discoloration) and blend it well with my fingers. Haven't really tested the longevity of the product but I don't see it melting off my face or anything and I don't wear foundation so it wouldn't matter much to me anyways! Nice to work with for the undereye area but probably looking for something else for a concealer for other areas of the face!

on 7/23/2012 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Although it's expensive, I love this set. The concealer matches my skin, doesn't look obvious and lasts most of the day. I like applying with my finger, it seems to blend into my skin easier. It does crease a little, but a gentle pat with my finger corrects it. I always set with the powder and it looks like I'm well-rested. I love that you get both concealer and powder in a slim case. I can use the powder anywhere my face needs a little brightening.

Pros: great color match, covers well, doesn't irritate eyes, doesn't dry eye area, very travel-friendly
Cons: expensive

on 7/17/2012 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried a few eye concealers and i thought i really liked the makeup forever until i found this dream !! It comes in a cute kit one side creamy concealer (golden) and the other side sheer finish powder (pale yellow). What i love most is that it matches my skin tone nicely without looking like i have concealer on. Some people like that white underneath look but it looks too obvious for me. With that said people have been complaining about how cakes and I really feel they need to take a class in application. You have to swirl your brush gently in the concealer almost melting it a bit. Then you lightly press under the eye with precise streaks. Then you take your pinter finger and press into the skin gently ofcouse. You MUST moisturize that area heavily befor you apply!!!! This is my # 1 concealer I love,love,love this <3

I was looking for a heavy concealer to use under my eyes to cover up my dark circles. I had read some good reviews so I decided, despite the price, to give it a try. Although it has very good coverage, it does not look natural at all. The shade was a perfect match, but it was obvious that I was wearing concealer. It creased so badly! And even though this is meant to be an "on the go" kit, it has no mirror or applicator. Waste of money. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I have mostly dry skin, some fairly light under eye issues. Usually a medium weight foundation takes care of it quite nicely. But for warmer months (and I live in Arizona so we have plenty of those!) I like a lighter or sheerer foundation. I heard folks rave about this product, and figured for light under eye coverage this would be my dream. It took care of the color issue well enough but became a cakey, flakey, creasey monstrosity on my face. This product made my whole eye area stand out in a less than pleasant way. My eyes actually look better without it. I gave it two lippies because I sorta liked the brightening powder side. For around $33, I expected more. I have returned this product. I would not recommend.

on 7/4/2012 10:17:00 PM

I definitly don't regret having purchased this concealer. I feel much better wearing it. My family and friends felt that I feel much more confident now. I have really strong dark circles, and it does a nice job covering it. It creases a little bit, but I just have to correct it once and then it doesn't crease again. It stays all day, thanks to the powder that comes with it. I strongly recommend it !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was skeptical about this product when I first bought it because I read all the reviews on MUA. I was planning on only getting the corrector but the sales person at BB convinced me to get this kit. And I do not regret my decision. I always put the corrector on first, which is already very effective at covering up my dark circles. Then, the concealer seals the deal. The corrector is more pinkish and neutralizes my dark circles. The concealer is lighter and blends into my skin easily. It hasn't creased for me, and I find the rich, creamy texture easy to spread. I am not sure whether the powder makes a difference, but I pat it on anyway. The concealer kit plus corrector covers up my dark circles completely and makes me look more awake. I am very satisfied with what the concealer kit does and thus highly recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

this is an OK concealer. Lints get into the concealer very easily, and you have to scrape them out with a (clean) fingernail or a spatula. Coverage is not great, but decent. Fades throughout the day. I think, however, that this is the first concealer that I've hit pan on in a while, so I guess it is reliable lolol. I use the yellow powder more than the concealer though! The yellow powder applied under the browbone is a great matte highlight and I use it to set my undereye concealer and it does an okay job at that. Blends into the skin all right