Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

3.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Carbomer, Gluconolactone, PPG-9, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA-Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-45M, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 3/26/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

my hair become super smooth and soft with this shampoo,next time I'll use it with the same version of conditioner. No contra.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I know it's prejudice, but before, I would not use a 'cheap' shampoo on my hair. My hair needs lightweight shampoos, and since it's oily on the scalp, I would avoid anything with whatever kind of oil on it.
A relative gave me this shampoo and I decided to try. My hair looks shiny, moisturized and with balance. That's was a big surprise. I love this shampoo and I recommend it.

on 1/5/2013 8:43:00 PM

Currently my favorite shampoo. Love this line in general

on 12/30/2012 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was a surprise. I always wind up being conned into buying a pricey goldwell shampoos after I get my hair cut and colored. However, while shopping at Target, I needed shampoo for the guest bathroom. I thought I would just try it out. And wow, it really makes my hair feel soft. So, I kept it in my bathroom. Love it!

Do you have dry brittle hair? You will love this stuff. It will make your hair super soft and shiny again.

My hair tends toward the heavy thick side mostly straight with a slight wave to the ends. I color my hair. Foil highlights and full on color to cover the gray. Treatments at least every 6 weeks. I do not always use a hair dryer because of all the damage from color. I used to be on the oily side but age has made my hair more dry and course with the gray. And being winter time my hair is even more dry. I was skeptical of using any type of oil based shampoo on my hair. Oil would make me oily. Right? Not so. This stuff works and at an amazing price. There is a subtle elegant almond oil scent. I plan to try the nourishing leave in oil cream.

on 12/8/2012 1:11:00 PM

This stuff is great. I love the shampoo, but the results with the shampoo and complimenting conditioner are AMAZING. I can't believe I finally found the results I wanted in smoothing my ends in something so inexpensive after spending ridiculous amounts on other products. I will be stocking up!!

on 12/5/2012 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am on my second bottle of this shampoo, and I think I finally found something that tames my dry, frizzy, thick blond hair. It straightens so much easier now, or I can let it air dry and it looks nice and wavy, not frizzy. I use it with the Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil conditioner. I haven't had any oily skin problems, but I am not prone to that usually, my skin and hair are always so dry. My hair feels noticably softer than before. I normally only wash my hair every other day and my hair still looks fine after a couple of days.

on 11/28/2012 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Makes my fine hair soft and shiny, and it smells great which lingers for a day or too. But it makes my sensitive scalp itch, broke me out on my forehead and my hair becomes oily really fast. I will keep it for the occasional good hair day, but wont repurchase or use frequently.

on 11/2/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is nice d/s shampoo for people w drier hair or hair that isn't limp. It is really good shampoo at an excellent price - this is easily as good as many salon poos I've tried and is at minimum 1/4 of the price. I have fine 3a hair (very fluffy) that is also highlighted. I've toyed w c/o washing but I use a lot of styling product and can't quite get all the gunk out w c/o. Sulfate free also hasn't worked well - my hair tangles very easily and seems to end up more tangly w sulfate free poos. I like this bc it removes buildup from styling products, hasn't seemed to dry out my hair, and doesn't turn my hair into a snarly mess. I wouldn't go w/o a conditioner, but this is about the softest my hair has felt after using a d/s shampoo. I still need to sometimes clarify/chelate, but we have very hard water so I don't think it's the shampoo's fault. After I used this up I didn't initially repurchase bc I like to try new products, but I later purchased the matching conditioner (which is also a great value), and I'm now looking forward to buying this again and using them both together.

on 10/29/2012 3:55:00 AM

My hair was oily again after less than 24 hours! I have fine, stick straight hair and I bought the shampoo because I read such great reviews about the conditioner and I wanted to help my dry ends. I ended up returning both the shampoo and conditioner because they overwhelmed my hair and made it flat and greasy.

on 9/17/2012 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

After only using salon products for years I decided to go a bit cheaper and try Dove shampoo.

It's very creamy and seems quite moisturising. My hair is coloured and long and seems to appreciate the shampoo.

I haven't noticed any build up on my scalp, but I rinse with ACV and water 2x a week.

I would certainly buy again as $4 compared to $27 is a massive saving!!

EDIT- This gave my scalp too much trouble with flakes and itchiness and made my hair lank and dull. I gave up on it and would never bother again. It was a shame because I did really like it when I first started. But when you have large chunks of dry scalp falling off all the time, it's time to stop.