Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

4.4

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

on 4/28/2012 11:26:00 AM

Lovely foundation. Goes on beautifully, leaves a lovely finish, polished but not dewy nor matte; just perfect. Have it in the lightest shade.. sadly, it oxidized and turned orange on me. I'll keep on looking....

This is one of the best foundation I've used. It's a sheer foundation with a buildable coverage, which is great for concealing my acne scars without the heavy cakey look. It applies smoothly, covers my large pores and is super natural looking. My favorite part is that it incorporate skin care into cosmetic and leaves my skin hydrated and smooth even after removal. The price is a bit high but it's worth it!

on 4/21/2012 3:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this in Japan after having read so many positive reviews about it. I've tried it with and without a primer. The results were the same.

The foundation is sheer and very light on the skin. It feels very comfortable, like you have no makeup on. However, it would start to fade after a few hours, leaving my skin with a slight orange cast. This does not happen with the Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture foundation which has better coverage and is moisturizing as well. Even my NARS tinted moisturizer holds up better than this. I really wanted to like it because it feels so good on my skin (plus I paid so much for it!) I still do wear it though when I'm going out for a few hours. I add it to my moisturizer to even out my skintone. When I want something that lasts the day, I use another foundation.

slc

on 3/24/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have lots of Koh Gen Do samples to play with and the first one I chose was the Aqua Foundation. A very small amount creates medium coverage (I did not try any primers yet -- just the foundation and the powder on my nose.) I feel like I have nothing on. It really doesn't look like I have anything on, yet my skin looks good. Except that after time it settles into my lines. For me it's a similar effect as Bare Minerals, which I used to wear all the time but now that I'm older and dryer isn't the best choice for me.

I think this would be an excellent choice for someone who has more oil in their skin. It really does give a nice finish and does not feel drying. I'm going to try the moisture foundation and see how that is for me.

on 2/24/2012 3:13:00 PM

I love this product. I started out using their moisture foundation, but over the winter with my skin dry, it wasn't settling in to my skin properly, and my pores looked larger. so I started using this, and even though it is lighter coverage than their moisture foundation, I find it is better coverage because it looks more natural and "glowing".

on 1/26/2012 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this for my confused sensitive skin. Got two colors, Pk-1 and OC-2. PK1 is a perfect match for my skin. I usually wear Sand and Warm Sand in Bobbi Brown. The trick is to use very little and build if you want more. I do believe you have to have good skin to wear this, as it really is a natural skin like finish. If you want a finish like Chanel's Pro Lumiere, I have mixed it with my Dior Skin Flash. It is very light and airy, no scent, and did not break me out, get chalky, or change colors! I returned the OC-2 (could have mixed them to get a more warm sand look), but decided to save money and just add bronzer. Mixing it with a moisturizer gives you an excellent tinted moisturizer effect. If you want a more matte look, use powder. This did "correct" my pores that are rather large around my nose. I just purchased the luminizer and the green corrector from this brand to see what effect it has on the foundation. I will update and let you know if in my opinion it makes any difference. This is my new favorite foundation and is worth a try!

on 1/22/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I found the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation OC2 at Barneys and i fell in love with the sheer medium coverage of it. Its got a nice yellow undertone and cancels out the ruddiness that my skin pulls. I dont even have to use any translucent powder to set this, it sets itself.

I have gotten many complements on it for a week now. It's not very drying either which is nice. I also like that and it's build-able. Its closest to Chanel Vitalumiere that I have found. I still like the Chanel, im just trying new foundations.

on 12/30/2011 2:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

At first I didn't like this foundation, but it's definitely grown on me. Initially, I found the consistency to be really thin and light in coverage. It's definitely not heavy coverage, but it has a lovely natural looking finish. It feels like you're not wearing anything at all, and I was told that it's mineral based so it will not oxidize or break you out. I can't give this the full 5 rating because the color selection is very limited and I'm currently mixing OC 1 and OC 2 to get a somewhat close match. Also, I still find it difficult to build coverage, as repeatedly patting my face is time consuming in the morning when I'm in a hurry to get ready for work. However, overall the finish is very natural and dewy, and the SPF is nice, althought it will make you look white in photos.

For reference, I wear NC30 in MAC, NARS Punjab, BE 1.2/2.0 light, Shu Uemura 754 and Shiseido Ochre 20.

on 12/14/2011 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I tried 10 different foundations before this one - some were good, some were very good. This one is perfect.
They don't have a wide color range (though if you buy from them directly there are more than at Sephora) but I am lucky that the PK-1 is the best color match I've ever found.

The coverage is sheer - which suits me - and I only use a single drop, applied with a brush. If I want slightly heavier coverage I use 2 drops and my fingers. It's the only foundation I've ever used where I really don't see the foundation at all, I just look amazingly healthy and finished, but my skin still shows through in a really pretty way,

Am also thrilled that the sunblock is zinc oxide/titanium barrier not a chemical block, which I will not wear.

If you prefer light/sheer coverage I HIGHLY recommend this. I'm pretty much in love with it and have no plans to try another foundation.

on 10/21/2011 3:53:00 PM

I love Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation!! I use it personally and on my brides or events that I do. It lasts throughout the day and gives your skin a natural glowing look. By far one of the best foundations I ever used...and I've used them all - MAC, Chanel, RCMA, MakeUpForever, etc. A touch goes a long way and covers perfectly. I apply with my hands or a brush and then blend with a sponge.