October 1, 2014 | 1734 users online

Foundations - Koh Gen Do - Aqua Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by rosecard77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this for my confused sensitive skin. Got two colors, Pk-1 and OC-2. PK1 is a perfect match for my skin. I usually wear Sand and Warm Sand in Bobbi Brown. The trick is to use very little and build if you want more. I do believe you have to have good skin to wear this, as it really is a natural skin like finish. If you want a finish like Chanel's Pro Lumiere, I have mixed it with my Dior Skin Flash. It is very light and airy, no scent, and did not break me out, get chalky, or change colors! I returned the OC-2 (could have mixed them to get a more warm sand look), but decided to save money and just add bronzer. Mixing it with a moisturizer gives you an excellent tinted moisturizer effect. If you want a more matte look, use powder. This did "correct" my pores that are rather large around my nose. I just purchased the luminizer and the green corrector from this brand to see what effect it has on the foundation. I will update and let you know if in my opinion it makes any difference. This is my new favorite foundation and is worth a try!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by jaeselle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation OC2 at Barneys and i fell in love with the sheer medium coverage of it. Its got a nice yellow undertone and cancels out the ruddiness that my skin pulls. I dont even have to use any translucent powder to set this, it sets itself.

I have gotten many complements on it for a week now. It's not very drying either which is nice. I also like that and it's build-able. Its closest to Chanel Vitalumiere that I have found. I still like the Chanel, im just trying new foundations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

At first I didn't like this foundation, but it's definitely grown on me. Initially, I found the consistency to be really thin and light in coverage. It's definitely not heavy coverage, but it has a lovely natural looking finish. It feels like you're not wearing anything at all, and I was told that it's mineral based so it will not oxidize or break you out. I can't give this the full 5 rating because the color selection is very limited and I'm currently mixing OC 1 and OC 2 to get a somewhat close match. Also, I still find it difficult to build coverage, as repeatedly patting my face is time consuming in the morning when I'm in a hurry to get ready for work. However, overall the finish is very natural and dewy, and the SPF is nice, althought it will make you look white in photos.

For reference, I wear NC30 in MAC, NARS Punjab, BE 1.2/2.0 light, Shu Uemura 754 and Shiseido Ochre 20.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Juno360

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried 10 different foundations before this one - some were good, some were very good. This one is perfect.
They don't have a wide color range (though if you buy from them directly there are more than at Sephora) but I am lucky that the PK-1 is the best color match I've ever found.

The coverage is sheer - which suits me - and I only use a single drop, applied with a brush. If I want slightly heavier coverage I use 2 drops and my fingers. It's the only foundation I've ever used where I really don't see the foundation at all, I just look amazingly healthy and finished, but my skin still shows through in a really pretty way,

Am also thrilled that the sunblock is zinc oxide/titanium barrier not a chemical block, which I will not wear.

If you prefer light/sheer coverage I HIGHLY recommend this. I'm pretty much in love with it and have no plans to try another foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Blush88

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation!! I use it personally and on my brides or events that I do. It lasts throughout the day and gives your skin a natural glowing look. By far one of the best foundations I ever used...and I've used them all - MAC, Chanel, RCMA, MakeUpForever, etc. A touch goes a long way and covers perfectly. I apply with my hands or a brush and then blend with a sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by dbisbano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just a phenomenal product. Worth every penny. Truly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by arodwhat

This foundation is now in rotation with my other HG(Chanel Lift Lumiere). I was so lucky to receive this in a swap. I also received a deluxe sample of the KGD foundation illuminator and maifanshi powder in the swap, so I use them in conjunction with one another. So I guess this is kind of reviewing all three products. I start out with a fresh face and apply the illuminator to my cheekbones using my fingers. Still using my fingers, I then apply a thin layer of foundation all over my face and neck. I apply a second layer to areas that are red or broken out. Then I set it all with the powder. It truly gives the most airbrushed HD effect I have ever seen. At the same time, it still looks like my skin. My skin with an inner glow. I can be kind of lazy when it comes to make up and with a 3-step process of applying foundation I would normally not bother, but I love the look it creates so much that I want to apply it every day. My skin looks great both in person and in pictures with all of these products applied. Also, none of them break me out at all and I break out very easily. I use the lightest shade of foundation (PK-1) and although it is might be a smidgen too dark for PPP me, it still looks good. I am cool toned and I think this is pretty neutral so it could be used for any complexion. I have been using this product in the winter and spring so I am hoping that it passes the summer humidity test. If it does, then it will be my sole HG because lift lumiere doesn't do very well in summer for me.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I just love this foundation. I am a long-time acne sufferer and have scars to prove it. Also, I have a whole stash of foundation that did not work (change color, makes face more shiny, not enough coverage, heavy fragrance, just generally unpleasant, itchy and irritatating on the skin). This one is just wonderful. Great coverage, unscented, easy to work with, has this amazing liquid texture that just feels so good going on my skin. No itchiness, no feeling like I am wearing a mask and need to wash my face, no shiny patches, no color changes. I do wish they made it in even lighter color (I am using the lightest right now, but feel like it has a little bit of yellow to it), but I use a little lighter powder and it all kind of works out. It will be the best in summer, though. And of course - the final effect looks amazing, like my skin, but much much better. I will be buying it again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by sdg13

I fortunately purchased the makeup sampler of this to try before buying it in store and I'm sorry to say I did not like it. I tried it with and without the correcting primers that they make and found in both cases that it tended to settle into fine lines which is something I definitely don't need. It seems like there are more colors available for skin matching and there is an SPF in at least the primers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is really a super foundation. Light-to-medium coverage with layering. I found the best way with this foundation is a sponge. I pat it into my skin and then pat their powder with a puff into my skin. It is very natural looking. This is a HD foundation. I wear it in OC-1 They are super generous with their samples at Barney's NY. Their products are super gentle on the skin and no artificial ingredients. They have some nice skin care products that I have liked also.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No