Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

4.4

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

on 8/7/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The coverage is beautiful and I love how natural this product is compared to most foundations. Unfortunately, and unsurprisingly, this does not suit girls with cool undertones to their skin.

on 5/9/2012 1:07:00 PM

BE-1 worked for me (I was matched to NC15 on Mac pro concealer). I have not used foundation extensively and compared this with the same brand OC-1. I tried both during evening light and morning, BE-1 looked less yellow and blended in more naturally with my skin. The coverage of this is just as advertised: medium/light. It does not look like one is wearing foundation on the face, does not smell, is not oily, does not crease, and lasts all day. It blended well with MAC prep+prime highlighter Light Boost which I use for under-eye concealer.

I use it after moisturizer and MAC Fix+ spray. I apply it with sephora poudre 55 airbrush, dispensing a small pea-sized amount of the product on the side of the hand first, blend it out from center of forehead and nose area.

on 4/29/2012 5:20:00 PM

Me: 40s, with generally good, combo skin, a bit of redness on cheeks, large pores on nose, which most liquid foundations seem to enjoy calling attention to.
This foundation cost $65, which seems about average to me for a high-end foundation. There are not that many shades to choose from, but PK-1 was a good match for me (in the recent past, I've used Chantcaille powder foundation in Peach and Diorskin in 021). As others have noted, this is very light coverage, more like a tinted moisturizer. It evens out my skin beautifully, and doesn't highlight my pores at all. It feels great on my skin and gives a slightly dewy look; I set my t-zone with powder.
The only downside is that this doesn't have great lasting power. I didn't buy it for heavy duty coverage, so this doesn't bother me too much, but I would probably use a different foundation if I were going out at night or really needed coverage to last. I have liked most of the products I've tried from the Koh Gen Do line, so I might give their medium coverage foundation a whirl as well.

on 4/28/2012 11:26:00 AM

Lovely foundation. Goes on beautifully, leaves a lovely finish, polished but not dewy nor matte; just perfect. Have it in the lightest shade.. sadly, it oxidized and turned orange on me. I'll keep on looking....

This is one of the best foundation I've used. It's a sheer foundation with a buildable coverage, which is great for concealing my acne scars without the heavy cakey look. It applies smoothly, covers my large pores and is super natural looking. My favorite part is that it incorporate skin care into cosmetic and leaves my skin hydrated and smooth even after removal. The price is a bit high but it's worth it!

on 4/21/2012 3:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this in Japan after having read so many positive reviews about it. I've tried it with and without a primer. The results were the same.

The foundation is sheer and very light on the skin. It feels very comfortable, like you have no makeup on. However, it would start to fade after a few hours, leaving my skin with a slight orange cast. This does not happen with the Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture foundation which has better coverage and is moisturizing as well. Even my NARS tinted moisturizer holds up better than this. I really wanted to like it because it feels so good on my skin (plus I paid so much for it!) I still do wear it though when I'm going out for a few hours. I add it to my moisturizer to even out my skintone. When I want something that lasts the day, I use another foundation.

on 3/24/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have lots of Koh Gen Do samples to play with and the first one I chose was the Aqua Foundation. A very small amount creates medium coverage (I did not try any primers yet -- just the foundation and the powder on my nose.) I feel like I have nothing on. It really doesn't look like I have anything on, yet my skin looks good. Except that after time it settles into my lines. For me it's a similar effect as Bare Minerals, which I used to wear all the time but now that I'm older and dryer isn't the best choice for me.

I think this would be an excellent choice for someone who has more oil in their skin. It really does give a nice finish and does not feel drying. I'm going to try the moisture foundation and see how that is for me.

on 2/24/2012 3:13:00 PM

I love this product. I started out using their moisture foundation, but over the winter with my skin dry, it wasn't settling in to my skin properly, and my pores looked larger. so I started using this, and even though it is lighter coverage than their moisture foundation, I find it is better coverage because it looks more natural and "glowing".

on 1/26/2012 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this for my confused sensitive skin. Got two colors, Pk-1 and OC-2. PK1 is a perfect match for my skin. I usually wear Sand and Warm Sand in Bobbi Brown. The trick is to use very little and build if you want more. I do believe you have to have good skin to wear this, as it really is a natural skin like finish. If you want a finish like Chanel's Pro Lumiere, I have mixed it with my Dior Skin Flash. It is very light and airy, no scent, and did not break me out, get chalky, or change colors! I returned the OC-2 (could have mixed them to get a more warm sand look), but decided to save money and just add bronzer. Mixing it with a moisturizer gives you an excellent tinted moisturizer effect. If you want a more matte look, use powder. This did "correct" my pores that are rather large around my nose. I just purchased the luminizer and the green corrector from this brand to see what effect it has on the foundation. I will update and let you know if in my opinion it makes any difference. This is my new favorite foundation and is worth a try!

on 1/22/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I found the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation OC2 at Barneys and i fell in love with the sheer medium coverage of it. Its got a nice yellow undertone and cancels out the ruddiness that my skin pulls. I dont even have to use any translucent powder to set this, it sets itself.

I have gotten many complements on it for a week now. It's not very drying either which is nice. I also like that and it's build-able. Its closest to Chanel Vitalumiere that I have found. I still like the Chanel, im just trying new foundations.