Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

3.3

DI water (aqua), disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocoamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, dimethicone copolyol, cocamide DEA, glycol distearate, hydrolyzed keratin, theobroma cacao seed (cocoa) butter, parfum, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf extract, panthenol, polyquaternium 11, DMDM hydantoin, cetyl alcohol, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, PEG-23M, CI 42090 (blue 1), CI 16035

on 8/13/2012 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I loved it! It left my hair feeling so soft and clean. It was so easy to comb through and to blow out. This is my new favorite shampoo! I have nappy/thick hair. I loved it!

I bought this shampoo on a whim just because I liked the scent. It smells wonderful! I wish I could find a perfume that smells this good. I was also surprised by how moisturizing it is. I usually wash my hair at night and then sleep on it braided. I have not had a bad hair day since using this product and I've gotten so many compliments. When I bought the shampoo I didn't realize it was meant to help straighten hair. Mine is naturally wavy, and it's still just as wavy while using this. That's fine by me, but someone who us looking for a straightening shampoo would be disappointed. I'm giving it five stars because I can go into a drugstore and get a product that gives me the results of something I'd get at a salon. You can't beat that.

on 8/12/2012 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Used with matching conditioner.
Like the fact that my hair feels properly cleansed after shampooing - don't like how some shampoos leave something behind.
Conditioner adds the softness back in and my hair does have a bit extra shine. Like the tropical scent.

I wouldn't buy again because I still have frizz, I don't mind my hair not being "ever straight", but I was hoping it would eliminate frizz.

on 7/29/2012 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Shampoo made my hair stringy and felt like it stripped the oils out of your hair when wet. Conditioner is hard to get out of the bottle. Conditioner is thick but doesn't really do much for moisturizing your hair when all is said and done. Will not buy again.

on 7/24/2012 5:58:00 PM

If I could give this no stars, I absolutely would. Not only because the treatment did not work, but because customer service at Organix was honestly the worst I have ever experienced (and that is truly saying something).

I followed the directions word for word, carefully, and using the products they ask to use (a hot straightening iron). After having to spend close to 3 hours on my hair, followed by an awful 48 hours of greasy, smelly hair, I honestly saw NO RESULTS. I was hoping for anything - anything for me to feel like paying $15 was worth it, but honestly I should have just thrown my money in the trash can.

I then followed up with an email to Organix to see what they could offer - advice, insight, or a refund, but was offered instead - the worst customer service ever... After sending an initial inquiry email it took two weeks for any response in which they scolded me for not following directions. Seriously - if I didn't follow directions - why would I be complaining about an ineffective product? When I responded to that email, it then took 3 weeks for another response with this:

"I apologize but we do not offer a money back guarantee."

No greeting, no name, no nothing. I am hoping to be in touch with a supervisor or manager but after the service I have seen, I'm not expecting it. If I could report this company to somewhere I absolutely would. Any ideas?

So I guess the bottom line is, If you are prepared to waste $15, sore arms, and loads of time on this terrible product, then be my guest - go for it. For all those who are still thinking about it - I just suggest waiting for an online deal where you can go to a professional hair stylist (I just found a deal for $79) and actually see results.

Sincerely,
$15 out of pocket

on 7/19/2012 2:08:00 PM

My hair is wavy by nature and I do get some frizz. I tried this shampoo because it was recommended to me. I love the smell! It's not floral like other shampoos and almost has a cocoa scent to it. My hair is definitely less frizzy, but it doesn't work as well as so many reviewers have said it does.

on 7/11/2012 8:17:00 PM

This stuff smellls sooooooo good! It makes my hair very soft and moisturized. It doesn't really help it to be more straight:/ I wasn't really expecting that much of it a shampoo, anyways.

on 7/7/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Very expensive and very drying on my hair! I thought it would work miracles but it did completely the opposite. Never buying this again, the only good thing was that it smelled lovely. I'm getting the Cocoa Keratin daily shampoo instead, it's got better reviews and it uses argan oil. I can't believe I chose Organix over Cocoa >:(

I really thought this was going to be a great product because it smells sooo soo good and it was expensive. I needed a really good shampoo because my hair needed it. This was a mistake it made my hair look more frizzy than before. I can't even brush it without ripping out hair. I will never buy this product again. The only good thing about it is that it smells wonderful, but I am sure I can find a shampoo/conditioner set that smells the same or close to it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I found this shampoo to be extremely drying in my hair. That's not what I expect shampoo to do. It's supposed to be nourishing and hydrating and, in this shampoo's case, it's supposed to contribute to straightening the tresses. All of these claims were false and actually quite disappointing. The only positive aspect of this shampoo is the lovely coconut scent and the fact that it's cruelty-free. Unfortunately, that's not enough to get me to repurchase. I'd also like to point out that the Organix shampoos & conditioners contain many ingredients that are not "natural" or "organic" at all.

Top Rated Organix Products