MAC Studio Careblend

4.2

Talc, Boron Nitride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Myristyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate [ May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

HG status for me. I just wish i bought more than one when i was in the U.S! (Because everyone knows that it costs your first born child to buy cosmetics here in Australia...)

This firmly beats every single powder i've ever used (including MAC studio fix and MAC oil blot) for several reasons:
- This actually has a little coverage so it's a step up from a normal finishing powder but does not replace a foundation. If i use a tinted moisteriser or light foundation, this over the top can blur my many imperfections.
- It NEVER gets cakey no matter how heavy handed you are.
- Makes your face look soft focused and reduces the look of pores
- Makes my dull skin look more radiant (compared to the oil blot powder which make me look a little ashy... and the studio fix where i look like a duck l'orange...)
- Does a decent job of oil control

I use this in light plus and it's the perfect colour for my NC20-25 skin. I highly recommend this product to anyone and everyone :)

I purchased the colour Light Plus for my skin colour which I am usually NC25. I have used this mainly as a setting powder over foundation. On days where I prefer a natural look to my makeup I use this powder alone over my moisturiser using a powder brush and buff it into my skin. I like to top it off with makeup setting spray such as Skindinavia as this product does appear cakey and accentuate hairs on the face. The setting spray helps the powder meld into the skin making it appear more skin-like and I hardly use this powder without it.

I am very happy with the finish it provides, medium to heavy. I carry this compact with me for touch ups during the day as it is small, durable and provides decent oil control to the T-zone. However I would have to re-apply every 3-4 hours. I will purchase this powder again in the future, I have been using it for a year now and only have a small amount remaining.

It pains me to write a negative review on this powder :s
I want to like it so badly, because it sounded like the perfect light coverage/low maintenance setting powder I was looking for. Too bad I break out from using this!

The finish is def not matte, more like satin, and even If I only use a bit, it does look obvious that im wearing powder. Also, My T-zone still gets oily relatively fast, so thats another disapointment.

The reason why I stopped using this though is the breakouts. Ive given it several tries, and I always have new bumps by the end of the day, which sucks because I wouldve used this powder up anyway, even if it did not look entirely natural and did not control oil that well.

I like the idea behind this powder and the packaging, but I cannot use this at all :s

EDIT: I'm trying to use it up to not waste any product, and i'm currently using it to set my undereye concealer....yikes! Makes it look a bit crepey and caked, even with a light layer and diff concealers under :s Does not help with creasing either....but i'm going to suck it up until i'm done with it :) Good Luck guys!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I completely agree with Enydonus. This powder was HG status but made my face itch!! I don't know what MAC puts in their products but it can't be good. It would look great on but when I went to wash my face at night, my skin would be red and irritated. I tried it for a full week and then ran back to MAC to return this and the Studio Sculpt liquid fdtn.

I wish MAC would start using better ingredients..I've used a bunch of their products that were almost HG but my skin would react negatively after a few days of use.

I used this in Medium-Deep and it provided med coverage (when applied in layers).

This is the first and last time I will buy product from mac I thought its nice bec of review and also very poupular here in dubai but this powder make my face ppowdery not look like flawless and sheer and natural,still select sheer is the best,it looks muddy to ur the face promise this powder horrible and not appealling,and after long time of wearing and keep applying ur face become flaky and look unnatural,this is only base of my experience,

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great powder when i first used it I felt i had bought the wrong shade but after using it a few more times it really blends with my skin and looks great!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Have been using this for a year plus now. Lovee the smooth finish it gives when applied with flattop kabuki brush.. Haven't had any break outs with this product and it does last a while. I use a TM and use this as a finishing product. On my second one now, haven't hit the pan on this one yet. This will be my go to staple till I find a replacement. I like this better than the MSF, because the careblend gives a smoother finish. Just wish it was a few bucks cheaper though.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Great product for teenagers with school, who have oily skin. I use this along with my pro longwear concealer because i dont need much coverage. I have had the powder for about 2 months and it seems i still have plenty left and i use it everyday. great for touch ups as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in medium plus and light plus. I am around an NC15 but when I was tanned in the summer I used medium plus all over my face, when I am pale I use this one as a bronzer. I got light plus recently to suit my natural skin colour (aka winter skin).

This powder is great on dry skin, it doesn't cake, feels nice and works well on it's own (light coverage) or as a setting powder. I prefer this over the mineralized skin natural because that one breaks me out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The previous MAC powder I tried was Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and it was a small failure as it was too matte and felt like I had to use a lot to set things. I decided to try Careblend since it's MAC's newest powder, it claims to have a unique silky feel and finish (not powdery at all), it has ingredients that are good for skin in it, and it's what they recommend for dry skin.

PROS: Definitely takes away any product feeling and sets foundation. Not much coverage (pro in my opinion). The included sponge is good material.

CONS: The unique feel is nothing super special IMO. It's there and it's not bad, but it's not just not so worthy of mentioning. Also, while the powder feels smooth in the pan, if I run my finger along it and pull back, I can see little grains so it's not THAT finely milled. And while I appreciate the oils and hydrating ingredients, do they have any actual benefits in real life? I don't think so. Still a talc based powder that can leave the skin dry eventually. Another thing is that this powder can run out quickly. The silkyness can encourage waste since it can look/feel like you've used less than you actually have.

OTHER: Just like P&PTFP, MAC also labels Careblend "semi matte", but since it was different and for dry skin, I thought it would better. Nope. It looks fine/nice/ok you lightly apply it, but when I set my foundation ~to last~ that means packing on a lot of powder with a puff. Not overdoing it, but enough to get a good layer of product down so nothing moves for a long time. When doing that, this is much too matte/unreal looking for my tastes. NC15 is ok but it looks a bit orange in the pan.

OVERALL: I don't see what the hype is about. I almost feel like buying it again though because it got such high ratings, I want to make it work or see what everybody else sees.

Recommended for Normal Skin