August 29, 2014 | 1822 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - The Multitasker Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Pixie410

Amazing powder. I went into sheer panic mode when my local Target stopped carrying it. But thank god, drugstore.com offers it in almost every shade. I use both 'light tan' and 'medium' with varying degrees of success. Both colors look amazing. The staying power and coverage is bar none the best. There is NO chalky residue, just a wonderful sheen of coverage that perks up my complexion, even on my worst sleep deprived days. I haven't found another powder that compares, not even the expensive beauty brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by sakura14

First of all, thank you for all the honest people who have reviewed this product. I have finally found my holy grail powder.

Most powders do not last lang on my face but this lasted half day and started to lax about midday. I wore this with my E.L.F. HD Studio powder and it's a kickass combo. But alone it does wonder too. It makes my face smooth, lessens the appearance of pores, and covers minor blemishes.

The packaging is a little whimsical and for those people who like simple design, this might turn you off as the powder and the packaging has a bit of flowery and swirly engraving.

If you have skin like mine, I definitely recommend you this product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best pressed powder I have ever used! I wish they carried it around where I live so I didn't have to travel 30 minutes to buy it but it's that good. Let me just say I work in the greasiest of all snack food factories and as part of my job I have to sanitize equipment in areas that reach well above 100 and this stuff holds up to the oil and sweat without settling into fine lines. No cakiness when I touch up during breaks. Great for me because I don't leave the house without a full face of makeup even though it's very impractical given my disgusting job.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by texasbernie

I have never posted a review of a product, but felt compelled to write one for the Milani Multitasker. I bought it in the light and it is great! Great Matte finish, not cakey. I just wish I would have found this sooner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this lil gem in the lightest shade and I must say, this is a similar but far superior powder to the MAC Studio Fix Powder...at least for my skin, it is. It truly is a multitasking product as it works great as a setting powder, blot powder (never looks cakey) and powder foundation. You can apply it wet for extra coverage. If I use it as a powder foundation, which is my favorite way to use it, it can get up to a medium coverage. Lasts all day over a primer and there's no need to top it with a setting powder if using it alone. Great price, nice scent and you get a lot of product. LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I like using my ecotools bronzer brush to apply this powder as foundation.

xoxoxo
- Jess

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I heard about this product being raved on youtube by hollyannaree so i had to try it! I don't normally wear much foundation, just concealer since that's what i really need. For the days i wanted a bit more coverage, i will use foundation and I prefer "powder/cream" ones over liquid. I was surprised as to how much coverage this powder gives without feeling heavy or looking cakey! I am a MAC NC 20-25 and i bought both the "light medium 02" and the "medium 03". I use "02" to brighten under my eyes and to highlight....and "03" for my entire face. It's a great color match - a touch darker than my actual skin tone which is fine since my face is more pale than the rest of my body lol.

I didn't give this 5 lippies due to the fact that it did cause some minor breakouts that surfaced each time after wearing this powder. I have hyper-sensitive skin so it doesn't surprise me at all. I have yet to find a makeup product for the face that doesn't break me out.

I bought mine for about $7US at Kmart which isn't bad at all!

I would definitely buy this again!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this powder! I finally found a drugstore powder that's just as good as my Clinique Stay-Matte formula and is close to my coloring. I bought this in Medium Tan, which looks to fall nicely into the NC45 realm, It would say that the color falls between neutral to yellow undertones. I tend to fall between yellow to olive undertones and most drugstore powder have a pink or orange undertone, which looks horrible on me. This is much better than my MAC C7, which is way too orange. While the Medium Tan and Dark Tan looked very similar in the store and suited for Deep complexions. I believe the Dark Tan, would look good on Deep NW complexions, because it looked warmer.

This product actually makes my complexion looks better - nice coverage, perhaps a shade deeper than my natural tone, which is fine since summer is coming. The texture isn't flaky, challky, or ashy. Shine control, yet you can see the natural hue of my complexion. It appears to control oil decently, it definitely doesn't increase the oil. No breakouts in term of clogging the skin either.

The imprint on the powder is pretty, which gives it a retro/vintage look. The only thing that I don't like is the packaging, which is a bit bulky. Otherwise, I'm quite pleased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I don't use this as anything other than a tinted powder to mattify, if that makes sense. I have a powder foundation that does its job and then this to mattify throughout the day and actually match my skintone (no transparent powder looks natural on my nc35 skintone at the moment). I have used the Maybelline Dream matte and it was underperforming. I layer Rimmel's Stay Matte in the morning, but for touch ups (my tzone gets oily in the summer heat) I go to this powder. What's so good about it is that for the price you get a very cute compact with a mirror and sponge. It does look a little tacky, but I do my touch ups in the bathroom and not in public.

It does a very good job at controlling oil, especially around my nose. It doesn't look cakey like the dream matte powder would either. I would buy again since it's dirt cheap.

I am NC30-NC35 at the moment and light tan is dark and yellow enough to look natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by allygee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was great for setting my foundation and keeping my usual shininess at bay. It felt light and adsorbed in nicely. Very nice product, does what it says.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies and gentlemen, let me first preface this review for this wonderful HG product by saying I've crossed many roads. Tried many a powder. Turned many different shades of orange. And gotten the dreaded cakey oily face at the drop of a hat.
So when I say this powder is the best I've ever come across...just know that I love it the way normal people love the perfect car...or whatever it is people who don't hoard makeup enjoy.
I could write songs and poetry about this little wonder, but in the interest of saving my dignity, I'll say this; it gives a smooth, even finish that is never cakey or orange, has slight coverage and keeps me matte a good 8 hours. Touching up is no longer a cowardly task as it blends so flawlessly.
I've read some complaints saying that it makes the face look "flat". I don't mind, it's too wonderful to complain, anyways that's why I've got my highlighter and bronzer.
Would I repurchase? Pffft. I'd marry it if I could. It's my HG powder, at last.

35 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No