April 23, 2014 | 1897 users online

Eyes - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Brow & Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the purple on a whim since they were on sale for 69 cents. It's eyeliners like this why I stick to gel liners. I keep going over my eyelid again and again and barely any color shows up. I can't even get a complete line because it keeps skipping and tugging on my skin. The texture is just way too hard and dry. I was able to get decent color on my hand by pushing really hard and going back and forth multiple times, but I'm not going to do that on my eye. I'm pretty sure it's not because it's old because they sold out when they first went on sale a couple weeks ago and just got a new shipment. I'm really hoping I got a bad batch and they didn't change the formula since most people seem to love these. One thing I do like is they are very easy to smudge. I'm always looking for a good liner to do a nice smoky look with so I might get a dark color and use it just for smoky eyes. The color doesn't last though and definitely isn't waterproof. I wouldn't recommend this product, even at under a buck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

LOVE this in black. Its soooooo creamy and just glides right on. Usually I HATE pencil because I have to do a lot of tugging and my lines are never precise. Well, lets just say these little $1 pencils are the exception to that eye pencil stereotype :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Yashuragi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My old Annabelle brow pencil broke and I desperately needed a replacement. I bought this pencil (in Dark Brown) because they were the cheapest ones at Walmart. Boy, I'm so impressed! This completely beat out my old Annabelle brow pencil! Its creamy and super pigmented. I have to use a very light hand or I'll end up over-shading my brows. It stays on the whole day without fading. Its twice the size of a normal pencil, it'll probably take me forever to use this up. I haven't used it on my eyes, so I don't know if it makes a good eyeliner. But for sure, this makes an excellent brow pencil!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been on the search for a bright purple eyeliner that was NOT 1). expensive, & 2). hard as a rock. When I came across this eyeliner, I figured for 99 cents, it would be worth a try. SO GLAD I tried it! I am in love with this eyeliner! It is truly a bright purple & it goes on like a dream! I will buy this again & again. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this for tightlining my upper lash line. It does its job nicely, but it is definitely not intended to be long-lasting. (I do not line neither top nor bottom waterline... this will NOT stay put there!! Not long-wearing enough and WILL smear, haha) Creamy enough to not tug at your eyes when applying, but not so soft that it crumbles into bits along your lash roots when applying near your lash line. You get quite a bit of product as the pencil is fairly long. Kind of a pain because you have to sharpen it, but just take your time with it, and it's not too soft to sharpen. Decent pigmentation (takes 2-3 swipes to get full intensity of its color and is not as pitch-black as Milani's Liquif'Eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil or Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils). All in all, GOOD for its cheap, cheap, CHEAP price tag of 99 cents. :) I would recommend this, especially for younger girls who are just starting out with makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by chimama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Coloricon eyeliner in olive. This is my first Wet n Wild eyeliner purchase and I am liking it. The pigment is good and it doesn't skip or ball up when applying. I just threw away a Rimmel kohl liner that did that. It felt very waxy.This eyeliner is just soft enough to go on smooth. I smudge my eyeliner and haven't experienced any problems with it wearing off. There is no animal testing on this product either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW!! I have to say these are def improved and an excellent liner to own! So if you have tried them before when they were the basic kohl liners or pencils- def give the COLORICON Eyeliner Pencils a try bc they are soft & such a good deal!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The WetnWild Coloricon Eye & Brow Pencils have been released and updated from their former kohl liners so dont think they are anything like their previous liners- The Coloricon pencils can be found wherever your WNW products are sold. Typically found in Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS and some Walmart stores. The shade selection will vary as well as availability. The best thing about this pencil is the price- these liners will only cost you $1!!! even less if you get them on sale!! oh yea!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The WNW Coloricon pencils are a great pencil liner. The formula is pigmented, smooth, soft but yet stays put. The color selection is amazing- us drugstore makeup girls finally can buy soft & colorful or neutral pencil liners. There are 11 different shades to pick from. The shades are:
Black (a true dark black), Black Brown (a dark blackened brown), Charcoal (a deep charcoal gray), Mink Brown (a gray brown), Bronzed (a true metallic bronze brown), Deep Blue (a deep navy blue), Olive (a true olive), Green (cool toned blue green), Turquoise (a bright vivid turquoise), Purple (a true purple), Amethyst (metallic silver purple), White (a true matte white)
So everyone can found their basics or a nice pop of color. I love every single one of them! These glide on the lash lines w/ ease w/out any pulling or tugging, they are soft but not too soft where they instantly smudge but do allow a little bit of time to smudge if wanted. These set within the minute. I love wearing these on both water line & lash lines. On the water line, these will end up fading after a few hours but for being $1- they last long, even longer than some more expensive liners ive tried. I highly suggests using a primer of some sort on the eye area where you will be placing your liner that way these will wear extremely long. I dont have oily lids so that will factor in to wear time but for me- I always prime & use shadow to top my liners for the most part- so these liners will last at least 6-7 hrs before any fading will occur. If you do find them to smear or fade- use primer & use a shadow or powder to "set" them since oils will break any eye product down. The colors are beautiful!! I have a liner for all my looks, no matter what i want to go for!
=PACKAGING=
The WnW Coloricon Pencil liners are your standard wooden pencils. The color of the pencil is reflective of the color of the actual liner so this makes it easy to find in a big liner collection. The pencils have to be sharpened but they fit in any pencil sharpener. The sharpen easily w/out the tip breaking off or any wood flecks. Their is logo/labeling in silver metallic writing. the shade name is located in the middle of the liner. Whats great about these liners are they are longer than most pencil liners- they're super long so they will last forever!! Some though may find it bothersome to use when they are long. I dont mind it- I havent made it thru one of the liners the whole way yet so i cannot tell you if the liner runs the whole way thru. Id say it does. I can say i love these liners & im typically a mechanical pencil user since they are easier but these liners are a must have!! I have bought all the colors since ive enjoyed every one! Whats nice is you can sharpen them to a point if needed or use them once they're not so sharp. You can get any look w/ them!
Overall, the Wet-n-Wild Coloricon Pencils are a great addition my eyeliner collection & i find that almost everyday- im reaching for one of them esp the white one- i love using the white one on my water line since it opens up my eyes! But i also love the purples & blues & greens, hehe & browns- just really love em all! I love all of them & def will repurchase them all if i ever get thru them! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jqcafe

I bought the black and turquoise for 99 cents each at my local Walgreens, and they're about an inch shy of a pencil's length.
The black is charcoal black, and the turquoise is a pretty balance between blue and green (more like teal in depth of color) and has slight shimmer. I agree they take a couple swipes at least for the best color payoff, but just one swipe gets you 75-80% there.
They are very creamy, so they smudge easily. Especially bad since I have Asian double eyelids that are pretty much near monolids and I have oily lids. Even Too Faced shadow insurance and powder doesn't stop transfer to my top lid within a few minutes after application. On my lower lash line--raccoon city. Personally, these are better as a base color for shadow of the same shade than as a liner. The liner disappears gradually and bits of it randomly fall onto my face throughout the day, but it's so soft it can be smeared away with a finger.
Pigment, consistency, and price are all excellent, but the terrible staying power is a deal breaker for me. Le sigh...all of the colors really are beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Pencils are longer than average eye, brow, and lip liners. I have 5 of these to review. I purchase 4 at Rite Aid and 1 at Giant Eagle, all for .99 each. The Colors I have are:

Deep Blue - a matte medium navy blue
Purple - A matte dark purple
Sky Blue - a metallic light blue
Turquoise - a shimmery green-blue
White - A matte white.

These pencils have a decent consistency. They're soft enough to apply easily but not soft enough to glide right on. They come in a variety of colors for eyes, brows, and lips. You get a ton of product in these, they're up to double the length of an average eyeliner (they're about 8 or 9 inches long). Color pay off on these is good, except white which is a bit sheer. It takes two strokes to achieve a good amount of color. Wear time for these is good, atleast 8 hours. There isn't much to say about these other than they're a good basic eyeliner for a great value.

Best of the bunch: Sky Blue - unique color and finish

Worst of the bunch - White - a bit sheer and harder to built up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe this eyeliner is $1.99. I have been looking for a dark brown eyeliner that lasts, that I can smudge, and is easy to use every day for quick looks in the morning. This is it!

This liner is not as creamy as so many of the long-lasting liners (Milani, Tarte, etc), so it's MUCH easier to work with (it doesn't smudge all over then set in its awful smudged state). You can blend it, smudge it, leave it as is, line your waterline, and it works well.

The only down side is that it doesn't last as long as a long-lasting liner, but that's ok with me. After trying so many of the long-lasting liners, I've found I'm not actually a fan of them for every day. They are hard to work with when you're in a hurry and a nightmare to remove. They certainly have their plusses, but for my morning makeup, this liner is much more suitable for me... particularly as I do my eye makeup in the car on the way to work (no I'm not driving, I'm a passenger!), so mistakes are easy to make.

EDIT:
I've taken off 2 lippies because I'm finding that even with an eye primer, this liner just doesn't last. Not even a couple hours. I don't have oily lids or even watery eyes, but so unfortunately I think it's the product, not me. Wish this could be my holy grail, as it's so cheap, but it just doesn't perform that well. Still on the hunt for the perfect brown liner!