October 21, 2014 | 887 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by amalo1113

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you're looking to define light colored bottom lashes without smearing or flaking then this is the one for you! I put it on in the early morning and it doesn't budge. I was even in a rainstorm with it and it stayed put.Unfortunately I tried it on my upper lashes thinking it was a great waterproof mascara and I yanked out some of my lashes trying to remove it at night. I suppose because the top lashes require a much heavier coat and therefore makes it more difficult to remove. I have no problem with removing it from the bottom lashes and I just bought my 3rd tube today. Definately a great product in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is an excellent product for its purpose - defining the lower lashes. But I don't usually pay that much attention to my bottom lashes to have a separate mascara for them. So I mainly purchased it to use on my upper lashes, just hoped it will help me achieve natural and elongated lashes. Unfortunately, it is not very richly pigmented, so it is now don't get much use for me. I will maybe still use it for a "no-make up-makeup" look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by arclightlux

Love this mascara! My bottom lashes are pretty sparse so it's very easy to blob on my lower eye or clump my lashes together. The tiny wand is such an innovative idea and it's been working amazingly well for me. The only gripe I have with this mascara (and the Clinique Lash Power mascara) is the stopper isn't small enough and there are spots on the brush that have too much product (for me anyway). Other than that, it's a godsend for people who love mascara on their bottom lashes!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by arlenek

Great for bottom lashes, doesn't smudge or transfer throughout the day. Just wish it was darker black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara has intrigued me ever since it launched about a year and a half ago. I have long bottom lashes that can get a little tangly and clumpy with certain mascaras, so I decided to give to try a mascara that would cater to their needs. Clinique says that this unique mascara will "get bottom lashes in action with a brush engineered for tiny tasks and a formula that resists smears. Pair with any mascara on top and watch what happens." I bought my 2ml (.07) tube, which Clinique claims to be exactly a 90 day supply, at a counter in Macy's for $10, a reasonable price for a high end mascara. I see a lot of conflicting information on whether or not Clinique tests on animals, but I know that they're owned by Estee Lauder, a brand that does test. This mascara was made in Japan. Clinique offers two shades, Black and Brown/Black, I have the latter. Clinique products can be bought at Clinique counters in department stores, the brand's website, Sephora, and select Ultas.
Bottom Lash has really nice packaging. I've always been partial to Clinique's color scheme and style of packaging. This mascara comes in a floral print, pastel box with the Clinique logo, directions, and an ingredient list. The tube it's self is grey with a silver floral design all over it. The tube is entirely unlabeled, which I don't like. The cap is silver and embossed with the classic Clinique "C" on the top. Packaging is nice, but a little non-specific.
What makes Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara so special is the brush, which isn't unique in it's design, apart from the size. This brush is so tiny, you can't really understand how little it is until you compare it to a regular mascara brush. I estimate it to be between 1/4 and 1/3 inches long and is made of short, traditional bristles. Really this is just a super basic brush, shrunk down to mini size, for mini lashes. The wire top of this brush is very visible, but otherwise I love it. It's obviously great for lower lash application, but it's also great for separating the top lashes as well, and for getting those hard to reach ones on the inner corner.
Clinique's Bottom Lash mascara is pretty much a basic waterproof mascara. Bottom Lash won't lengthen, thicken, or curl your lashes, but I don't think most consumers are looking for that effect on their lower lashes; they're much more likely looking for an easy to apply mascara that won't smudge or flake. That's exactly hat this Clinique mascara delivers. It simply coats and slightly separates the lashes and stays there all day. I've never experienced any wear issues with Bottom Lash. If you like layering mascaras, you'll love Clinique's Bottom Lash, it's fantastic for getting at the roots of the lashes and separating them without loading them with product - it makes an ideal waterproof base for any other mascara. Bottom Lash gives the top lashes a very natural look, but I wouldn't suggest using it on the top lashes that often, you'll blow through your tube that way. By the way, I recommend the Brown/Black shade over the black, it gives a little more dimension to the look.
I really like Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara, it really lives up to it's claims. It darkens and separates the lower lashes with no clump, and it never flakes off. This mascara was a great introduction to Clinique, I'm definitely curious about trying more from the brand. By no means is this a necessary product, I only tried it out of curiosity. If your mascara tends to smear off your lower lashes, or you have difficulties applying it to your bottom lashes/inner corner, I encourage you to try Bottom Lash, but you can go without it otherwise. I most likely won't buy it again, I almost never repurchase mascaras. I will, however, hand on to the brush after I finish off the tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was intrigued by this product and the price seemed good (I believe it was $10). When I saw the size, however, I realized it's very overpriced. This tube is smaller and holds less product than most mascara samples. The wand is a teeny, tiny little nub, with the actual applicator being maybe 1/4" in length. The formula itself is non-irritating and a nice deep black, but fairly goopy. I've tried layering this over other mascaras to really coat my upper lashes (which is a recommended use), but it makes lashes sticky and spidery.

Overall I guess this product isn't terrible, I'm just pretty underwhelmed by it. It's a good idea in theory and a good price point, but the mascara is not the best formula and the applicator is tiny and tends to get gunked up with product. I think the price is high for what you actually get. I prefer Maybelline Lash Discovery for lower lashes and upper lash roots. The wand is a little bigger, but the formula is less clumpy and you get a ton more product for less money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love! This defines my lower lashes nicely. I keep my makeup pretty basic, so if my mascara flakes, clumps, smudges... you can really see it. I usually just skipped my lower lashes for this reason, but have been wearing this for a few weeks now and couldn't be happier.
I don't apply more than one coat, so I can't comment on how it builds, but one coat is perfect for me. I wouldn't say that this thickens all that much, but it does add length and color.

Will repurchase over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I’d actually never heard of a ‘bottom lash mascara’ before, until I started to see reviews and videos for Clinique’s newest mascara. The concept alone was enough to intrigue to go down to my nearest Clinique counter and pay £11.

I’ve always found that using a regular mascara wand for my lower lashes often results in a) not all the lashes being concentrated with mascara and b) lots of smudging on my lashes and under my lash line.

Firstly, the mascara brush is tiny. This makes it great for precise lash application, and I am pleased that the brush doesn’t overload with mascara. Initially I thought the application would take far longer than normal, but once you get the hang of apply it to your lower lashes, it takes no time at all, and I can really get from root to tip of my lashes. The formula, for me is not buildable; you can add one coat, and another while it’s wet but once your lashes are dry, they become very stiff and it’s difficult to add more coats.

The mascara formula does last a full day without flaking off, but I am unsure if it’s ‘special’ enough to repurchase. I love using Bottom Lash Mascara and when I’ve finished using it up I’ll make the decision whether to buy it again. I’ll definitely keep the wand though, it’s pretty useful to dip into your favourite mascara and use it that way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Prior to purchasing this product I never bothered with wearing mascara on my bottom eyelashes (my lashes are fairly long, and I thought it looked too spidery on me). Since this came in a pack with another mascara I wanted to purchase, I thought I'd give it a shot. My outlook on bottom lash mascara instantly changed! Not only does this mascara completely open up the eyes, it is so easy to apply! The tiny wand makes application to the very base of the lash simple and accurate. It is smudge proof but comes off relatively easily with makeup remover. So pleased with this product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca1234

This is the best mascara for lower lashes. I also use it on my top corner lashes which are hard to get to with my Maybelline The Falsies brush. But the two of these mascaras together = perfection for me. No complaints here.....so glad I got this as a sample from Clinique. I will definitely be purchasing it again!