August 28, 2014 | 840 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!

The more I use it, the better my skin looks. I put a huge glob on after a shower and my face and neck just drink it up. My skin is like velvet! I can use it under makeup. It's a bit too light for nighttime use though. Does not aggravate my rosacea. My redness and the P&P are still there but they seem to be smaller and less angry.

I must be getting old, how can people say this is greasy? It's really not! I even add a couple drops of oil (rosehip, sea buckthorn, argan, whatever) to my glob for extra goodness!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by jaminvader

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I literally said to my boyfriend while in Walgreens. "This shit looks questionable but I will try it and return it if it gives me acne. " guess what. It did. AND the worst acne I have EVER had. Yesterday I noticed a lump on my head that looked like someone hit me in the head with a hammer. I am a clumsy person so I thought maybe I knocked my head on a car door or hatchback in my car and forgot or something. Then when it got worse I started having all the worse case scenario things running through my head, like what if I have a brain tumor. This evening when I was washing my face low and behold I found another one almost as big in my cheek! Damn it! I have a couple of the biggest cysts in my face right now ever! The only thing different I have used is this shit! BEWARE!!!!! Contains mineral oil and safflower oil < both of which I am convinced are horrible for skin because whenever one or the other is present in a product bad stuff happens to my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

This a good basic moisturizer. It's nothing fancy, but it does hydrate the skin. I haven't seen any improvement in wrinkles, but I didn't expect to. It might be too heavy for summer, but it is nice I the winter.

Yes, I will repurchase. The price is right and if I don't use it my face, it's great for my neck and d├ęcolletage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ivankaranka

I've used this lotion for about 2 months and I'm not even 1/3 done with the jar! you get so much product for what you pay! It's very moisturizing and the thing i like the most is that it absorbs into my skin super fast, so when I'm applying my makeup I don't have to wait long to put on my foundation. It doesn't make my skin oily at all, its the perfect base when applying makeup or just by itself. St.Ives products can be a hit or miss with me but this is definitely a HIT! For about 4-5 dollars everyone should at least try this lotion once! Whenever i run out, which I'm sure will be months from now, i will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by CPbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the fact that you get such a huge tub of cream in comparison to higher end moisturizers that give you 30mL. I first used this on my face and actually broke out with a few spots *BUT* I must say how great this has been as a neck and decolletage moisturizer! I was starting to think I should start taking more care of this region and thought I'd give this a go. I apply it every evening after a shower and it keeps my chest and neck plumped and moisturized..I couldn't be happier - and the fact that the tub will last for ages is great. I saw some of the higher end neck and decolletage creams advertised and they were very expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this moisturizer.

I have sensitive, rosacea and acne prone skin, so I need to be extremely careful with what I put on my face. This product caused no negative reaction for me at all. It does have a fragrance, which could potentially bother some. It smells very apricot-y to me, which I actually enjoy, but the scent fades quickly.

It's a simple moisturizer, it's very light and creamy and when you rub it in it just sort of melts into your skin. It leaves behind no filmy feeling, but your skin just feels a bit more plump and much more soft. Because this is the winter and I am having flaky skin problems (Retin-A usage), I use this under an occlusive in order to keep the moisture in. On it's own, it would be great in the summer, or for people with oilier skin. I could also see this as being great for mixing extra active ingredients into.

The price is wonderful on this, you get 10 oz for 4-5 dollars. My only complaint is that the tub it comes in doesn't have a protective seal on it when you buy it, which I would prefer (and is why I gave it a low rating on packaging).

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product for anyone not sensitive to fragrance.

UPDATE: This moisturizer is still one of the only ones that I can use without causing any sensitivity on my face, but on its own it's just too light for winter usage, nevermind retin-a usage. I find that it really is wonderful for mixing active ingredients into, to boost it's moisturizing capabilities. I would still highly recommend buying it, for its simplicity and super low cost, but on its own don't expect it to do a lot for very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Kerrio247

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product, I use it every other night - switching back to the heavier Nivea Cream. I live in a tropical, sunny area, and I'm always concerned about my skin, especially my d├ęcolletage. I go through a lot of night moisturizer because I use it on my face, neck and chest. This moisturizer is so inexpensive and rich that I can use all that I want! I buy it from Amazon, as no one sells it locally. I wish it were in a tube, but I'm ok with the tub. It smells great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 3rd large container of this St Ives moisturizer, so I've had a few months to experiment with it. It's cheap, lots of product for around $5. I do have a few bones to pick with it though.

I think it would work better for oily skin. I have very dry, maybe even dehydrated skin. It sucks as a moisturizer by itself but works wonderful in combination with OCM and using a few drops of an oil to moisturize with before the St. Ives.

It's GREAT for rosacea/red prone skin. No triggers at all. Pretty basic moisturizer. Mineral oil makes a really good protectant for your skin, which is why I said it's good in combonation with other moisturizing ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely L O V E this! For the price and the amount that you get, it's amazing and totally worth it! I have oily skin and I've tried many many items from high end to low end and this has to be my fave thus far. It isn't thick at all, glides on, doesn't clog pores, smells great and also doesn't leave my skin oily.

I use this day and night after I wash and tone my face. I've been using it for about a month now and my skin has sun spots and acne scars but this product has made my skin look pure, alive and plump (if that makes sense, lol).

I would definitely repurchase this again when I run out! Highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by kcarrion

I love this stuff! I have combination skin. I have mainly been using this as a night cream since it has no SPF. You can really feel it tighten and firm your skin, especially in my forehead area. Medium thickness. I don't think it has a scent, just lotion-y. I have been using it for many months, and it still has about half left! So much bang for your buck haha. It also works well under makeup, no greasy residue, but with no SPF I mainly only use it if I know I'm not going to be outside. I will definitely be using this as long as they make it!!