December 20, 2014 | 1815 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by alalou101

Great price. Great moisturizer. Lots of product. No break outs. No oiliness. Thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this quite a few times, and I really like it. It is probably the only face cream I have ever used that doesn't leave a filmy feeling after I use it. It's really lightweight, non-greasy, yet really heavy duty. It's great under makeup, even in the summer. When I have a breakout, it's soothing, unlike some of the lotions I still have stashed away. I love that it's simple. I would rather have a tube, or pump for it, but I like that these tubs are so sturdy, that I can reuse them for homemade scrubs and masks.

I also love how affordable it is! I have a cream that is a fourth of this size that sucks, and it costed twice the price. I will always repurchase this! Use it. Love it. Save $$!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this because of the reviews on Amazon. The first couple of times I used this moisturizer it broke me out in a few spots, but I wouldn't give up because the very first morning after I used it I noticed my skin tone was more even looking. After the first week it no longer broke me out and now my skin just glows! I've never had a moisturizer that actually improved my skin rather than just getting rid of the dryness, but this does so much more.

It's quite wet when putting it on so it takes a little while for it to soak in and it can make my t-zone greasy when it's hot out (it's probably best to switch to using it at night during the summer). I also wish it had more hygienic packaging.

I use this with Cetaphil's Daily Moisturizer and my skin is very happy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I hated this as a facial moisturizer, it clogged my pores and broke me out. Disappointed, I decided to use the rest of the tub as a body moisturizer. And I loved it! I have bought it two more times since then, it's now my HG body lotion.
It sinks right into my skin (my body skin that is, it didn't sink into my facial skin at all) and leaves NO greasiness. No scent either, so no interfering with my perfume. Best of all, it's in a jar. That's a big drawback for a facial moisturizer but for a body lotion it means I can easily get every last bit of product out of the container. I hate lotions in pump-dispenser bottles for this reason, and body creams & body butters in jars are usually so thick and heavy. So it's the best of both worlds because this product is lightweight and yet provides excellent moisture.
As much as I love it as a body moisturizer I only give it three lippies because that's not what it's for. As a facial moisturizer I'd give it a 1, but for body it's a 5. So 3 seems fair. Will continue to repurchase, $5 for a 10oz jar is a bargain!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Mimiq

Not bad for the price. I have oily skin and it works perfect for me. Hasn't made me break out. I use it as a night cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while ago before I realized St. Ives is no longer animal friendly. ( I guess when they were bought by Unilever?) But, not wanting to waste anything, I've been trying to use it up so I can be done with it...

This has mineral oil in it and makes for a great makeup remover. Just use a thick base, rub it in, and I wipe away with a warm wet paper towel. Repeat if you need to. There's still enough residue after wiping that my face doesn't feel tight or greasy at all. In fact, since I've been doing this I've stopped soap washing except for 1-2 times per week, AND it's been helping with my acne.

It was kind of blow when I realized S.I. was no longer animal friendly and so I don't want to purchase this again. That said, it's really inexpensive for the amount you get. Unfortunately, I can't attest to anything as far as the collagen boosting ingredients go. So, in all, I'm most likely not going to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by iepurasmic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I knew very little about skin care. It's too basic for my needs now, I prefer using facial moisturizers that contain many antioxidants and cell-communicating ingredients. One thing that I strongly dislike about this product is its overwhelming fragrance. Fragrance has no place in skin care imo. It has a very clean scent but it's way too strong to be pleasant. I'm not a big fan of the jar packaging either, I find it to be unsanitary. This cream does a decent job of moisturizing the skin but I will not repurchase due to the ingredients/terrible fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!

The more I use it, the better my skin looks. I put a huge glob on after a shower and my face and neck just drink it up. My skin is like velvet! I can use it under makeup. It's a bit too light for nighttime use though. Does not aggravate my rosacea. My redness and the P&P are still there but they seem to be smaller and less angry.

I must be getting old, how can people say this is greasy? It's really not! I even add a couple drops of oil (rosehip, sea buckthorn, argan, whatever) to my glob for extra goodness!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by jaminvader

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I literally said to my boyfriend while in Walgreens. "This shit looks questionable but I will try it and return it if it gives me acne. " guess what. It did. AND the worst acne I have EVER had. Yesterday I noticed a lump on my head that looked like someone hit me in the head with a hammer. I am a clumsy person so I thought maybe I knocked my head on a car door or hatchback in my car and forgot or something. Then when it got worse I started having all the worse case scenario things running through my head, like what if I have a brain tumor. This evening when I was washing my face low and behold I found another one almost as big in my cheek! Damn it! I have a couple of the biggest cysts in my face right now ever! The only thing different I have used is this shit! BEWARE!!!!! Contains mineral oil and safflower oil < both of which I am convinced are horrible for skin because whenever one or the other is present in a product bad stuff happens to my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

This a good basic moisturizer. It's nothing fancy, but it does hydrate the skin. I haven't seen any improvement in wrinkles, but I didn't expect to. It might be too heavy for summer, but it is nice I the winter.

Yes, I will repurchase. The price is right and if I don't use it my face, it's great for my neck and d├ęcolletage.