July 26, 2014 | 1518 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by hersupernature

This product is AHA-based (glycolic acid is one of the first ingredients) so I was pleasantly surprised to find that it did what it promised - I use this before bed and wake up with relatively even, low-oil skin. It usually helps prevent breakouts for me at night, and helps cool off existing ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by alexandraxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The reason why I've given the olay elixir 4 stars (instead of 5) is that I have been using it for 5days only and I'm not sure whether the excellent result will keep up with time.
No side effects whatsover till now.
I have combination skin, no problems apart from age related issues like wrinkles (but little for my age).
I have always had glowing skin and lately, sadly, it looked dull, dehydrated. Maybe also owing to the harsh cold.
The texture is fantastic: light and airy. I must admit the decent glitter doesn't bother me and, once applied, I don't even notice it. You just need one pump for face and neck and it glides on beautifully. Not that sticky and, in any case, only the moment you apply it.
On waking up my skin feels smooth and hydrated, looks supple and glowing.
I haven't used foundation for over 20years (don't like the fact that it changes my skin color and I hate having a layer on my face) and now it would be a pity to cover the nice glow with foundation. Concealer here and there, a superlight layer of transparent powder, liquid blush, eyes and mouth make up: soft touch for the day and I dare more for the evening. And that's it!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by BeautyIsHerName1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has worked WONDERS for my skin. I have had it almost a week now and every morning, I wake up to clearer, brighter, smoother, skin that is GLOWING!

I decided to start an Olay Regenerist regimen due to a problem with milia I have had for a couple years now. This, combined with other Regenerist products, has been the only way to get the milia gone for me.

Very gentle exfoliation. I generally use a heavy night cream before bed, so I was worried about not having enough moisture. This serum not only exfoliates, but moisturizes. There was no burning or discomfort as is common with anti-aging products and my skin did not feel a bit tight.

I am addicted and would HIGHLY recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by vivian308

Let me give u a little background: I used to have beautiful glowing skin, I did not break out in my teenage years! Even some of my classmates were jealous of my beautiful skin, then when I go to second year of college and got a bf and was working at the same time, my skin was going crazy under stress, I started breaking out more and more. I was so devastated and was always in search for products that will help with my acne but nothing works. So one day I bumped into this product when they have it on sale at costco and I started using it in August 2011, my skin started to clear up really fast, the post acne marks were fading and I was really happy with the results, I was so happy that I even stocked up on this (I bought 5 of them I still have 2 bottles) because I was afraid that they would discontinue this (it happened to me before with Neutrogena healthy skin lotion, I was heartbroken and running lose looking for another HG for a while), but as I was using it, like other reviewers mentioned, I noticed little bumps on my cheeks, they were not cystic acnes, they were not too visible, but when I wash my face with soap I could definitely feel it, so I thought the white heads could be due to this lotion, and I stopped using it, and I noticed those little bumps started to go away gradually, so now I'm not using it anymore cause I feel that the acne scars will fade eventually with good nutrition and sunscreen but the thought of having clog pores eventually leading to acnes keep me from using this again. Anyway, it was working at first and helped me gain back my self esteem after my face was invaded by episodes of horrible acnes

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

wow! i'm amazed at how much I love this product.

i've been on the hunt for the 'perfect' night cream. most of the ones i've tried have made my skin too greasy or broke me out.

This elixir has actually cleared up my acne - no joke. This works better than any prescribed acne medication from my derm. I've been on acne meds since i was 12 (so...going on 18 years now? yikes!) and I'm stoked that this product has made a world of difference with my skin.

I can also tell that the few wrinkles I have are fading noticeably.

I use this in combination with the regenerist serum and I'm 100% satisfied with this purchase. Even though it's a pricey DS product, it's a superb product.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by hkitty5

When I first brought it, it worked wonders on my skin. I have combination sensitive skin that has a tendency of breaking out and burn at any new product. At the beginning I was worried that it would be too strong for me, but it cleared up my old acne scars and discolorations that been there for years! I only use it at night. When I wake up in the morning my skin just looks great and moisturized. But I got lazy for a period of time and since it was sunnier, I stop using for awhile. The results reversed and I'm slowly getting back my acne scars! So this is a great product to use if I want to look good the next day but the effects are not long lasting for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by StephanieM59

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

first of all...regenerist is for the cougar age ladies not for younger women...and who cares about the packaging...i had brown spots... repeat had...i used it for about 2 weeks and it broke up the patch and it peeled off like dry skin!! amazing..!! it does what it says..it resurfaces the skin....and this is what its all about in the ant-aging business ...not for young skin!!
yeahhh !!..i think i have used everything on the market for this...this worked...and i don't use it every night...i go back to it..so the women who are using this under 40...u don't need it ...trust me!!!
if there is a product that works for dark under eye circles...i have yet to find it ..and the puffiness...if anything works on me ..i would be the first to go on the news with this new discovery...i have bad sinuses...
have had nasal surgery and polups removed and do nasal rinse daily.
what a God send!!! and i look at these eye bags every day and relentlessly do try everything..i am 59 yrs of age..there hasn't been a day in my life without moisturisers..i know them all ...tried them all... if
it works i would know...if i can still learn something...I'm up for it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by azn123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pricey as hell by my standards for drugstore products, but this product hasn't done anything bad for me. I feel it may help speed up the healing of pimples and scars though, for some odd reason.

I've read many complaints about the so called "glitter" in the product, but when I dispense the serum, I see no glitter whatsoever, just a clear liquid. I've wondered if this "glitter" is actually just in the color/material selection of the bottle?

Speaking of bottle, the pump works fine, and I think the packaging is quite nice.

Overall, it's on okay product. I have not seen a huge difference in my skin, but then again like said, this hasn't adversely affected me in any way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

It's not that I expect miracles from products, but I do expect something other than pimples. This serum did nothing for my skin whatsoever, no smoothness or toning effect. It felt sticky when applied and felt like it didn't soak into my skin. Instead it left a film on my face which felt awful. It broke me out all over and I am still trying to let my skin heal. Awful product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Laski

After using this, I mostly have even toned, calm and kind of clear skin in the morning. I say mostly, because I realized that using it every night can irritate my skin in the long term. Thatīs why I switched to using it a few times per week, and so long the results are good. It also gives a bit of moisture, so on hot summerevenings, sometimes I used it by itself, without applying moisturizer on top. Good product, itīs just a pity that I canīt use it every day.