December 20, 2014 | 1748 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by CrochetDiva23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical of this product when I picked it up at my drugstore. But after having used it for the past three nights, I have to say that it is nothing short of sensational!

First of all, when I started using it, I was experiencing an acne breakout on my cheek and chin, caused by some makeup that I failed to completely remove before sleep. I cleansed my face and applied it before bed. The first morning I woke up, I really saw my skin looking brighter.

By the time of the third morning, I noticed my skin feeling softer, smoother and hydrated. This product really does work and it works better than any night cream I've used, including my beloved Oil of Olay Night Cream.

It is pricy, but it is well worth it. Being a "woman of a certain age," I'm now learning to pay more attention to my skin care. This product is a wonderful start.

I find that for me, the Olay treatments, creams and sunscreens work better for me than their cleansers.

But I love this product and highly recommend it. I can't wait to see how awesome my skin is after a few weeks!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

Been using this nightly for weeks-gone thru 1/2 the bottle. I see no change in dark spots. As it's pricey for ds product, I'm not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am making a mental note to update this review after I use this product a little longer, but so far so good. I'll be turning 30yrs old & have fair toned & olive, oily, acne/clogged pore prone skin.
After two times using this at night so far I've woke up with GLOWING skin! This is a product with AHA (glycolic acid to be specific) which is why I got it. Was looking to try something new. I had previously used Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle which I had positive results with, but it became a bit difficult to find after I moved last year (may'11) -&my new local drugstores don't carry Alpha Hydrox so I'd have to drive a lil further or order online. But my local WalMart& RiteAid stores DO have this Olay product and I'm smitten!
I did notice in the bottle what LOOKED like glitter/sparkles? (as other reviewers mentioned) but after applied, my face doesn't look glittery what so ever so please don't let that deter you from purchasing this as you shouldn't even notice it :) So NOW I have my fingers crossed for no breakouts from this product (the ingredient list looks pretty safe but ya never know!) Will update soon
UPDATE 9/3/12
I'm still super happy with this Olay purchase - 5 lippies all the way! I added this product into my skincare routine, using it several times a week (along with an AHA toner as well, Neutrogena Pore Refining) has greatly helped my skins overall clarity (and has diminished some clogged pores - yay)
I still notice the glitter at the bottom of the bottle when I tip it over but have NOT noticed any glitter on my face, ever. STILL loving the pump bottle (we all love pump bottles right? ;D) &also loving the results the most -I'll definately repurchase.

2nd Update - 6/24/13
I just repurchased my 2nd bottle of this. I paid $23 for it at my local WalMart (which seems to be the least expensive place for buying it in my area as I priced all of my local drugstores) I've also noticed RiteAid's Renewal Brand makes a "knockoff" of this product with very similar ingredients which I may try in the future.
My current routine though is applying this serum every other night. Using it on the nights that I do not use my other AHA product (Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner) I also use BHA(Stridex Pads/Alcohol Free version) in the mornings 5x/wk. Since making this my "routine", my skin has *noticeably* less blackheads & clogged pores, is overall much more "clear" looking, and any cystic pimples that do pop up, an extra dab of this Olay serum on them makes them disappear in record time!

I can understand how this could irritate some users though. If you haven't used a glycolic acid product in the past, you may want to start with only applying it *very* lightly, 1-2x a week until you notice no more irritation on the areas you're using it. When I began using AHA (10yrs ago O_o lol) I had a TON of redness, irritation, and also went through a 2 week purging process (I know some feel that "purging" is a myth but I personally know that I experienced it so I certainly don't feel it's a myth - YMMV of course :D)
Some AHA's need to have a little tolerance built up before regular use can begin so if you tried this and noticed stinging, burning, or redness after your first use or two, try dropping your usage down and not slathering it all over the skin until you build up that "tolerance" - I hope that helps other reviewers who've not had luck with this product because for me, it's heaven sent!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by elle1974

PIMPLES on the forehead and neck! gave it 3 tries, each after a couple of months wait in between, unfortunately same result. Shame, I really like Olay products.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by hersupernature

This product is AHA-based (glycolic acid is one of the first ingredients) so I was pleasantly surprised to find that it did what it promised - I use this before bed and wake up with relatively even, low-oil skin. It usually helps prevent breakouts for me at night, and helps cool off existing ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by alexandraxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The reason why I've given the olay elixir 4 stars (instead of 5) is that I have been using it for 5days only and I'm not sure whether the excellent result will keep up with time.
No side effects whatsover till now.
I have combination skin, no problems apart from age related issues like wrinkles (but little for my age).
I have always had glowing skin and lately, sadly, it looked dull, dehydrated. Maybe also owing to the harsh cold.
The texture is fantastic: light and airy. I must admit the decent glitter doesn't bother me and, once applied, I don't even notice it. You just need one pump for face and neck and it glides on beautifully. Not that sticky and, in any case, only the moment you apply it.
On waking up my skin feels smooth and hydrated, looks supple and glowing.
I haven't used foundation for over 20years (don't like the fact that it changes my skin color and I hate having a layer on my face) and now it would be a pity to cover the nice glow with foundation. Concealer here and there, a superlight layer of transparent powder, liquid blush, eyes and mouth make up: soft touch for the day and I dare more for the evening. And that's it!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by BeautyIsHerName1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has worked WONDERS for my skin. I have had it almost a week now and every morning, I wake up to clearer, brighter, smoother, skin that is GLOWING!

I decided to start an Olay Regenerist regimen due to a problem with milia I have had for a couple years now. This, combined with other Regenerist products, has been the only way to get the milia gone for me.

Very gentle exfoliation. I generally use a heavy night cream before bed, so I was worried about not having enough moisture. This serum not only exfoliates, but moisturizes. There was no burning or discomfort as is common with anti-aging products and my skin did not feel a bit tight.

I am addicted and would HIGHLY recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by vivian308

Let me give u a little background: I used to have beautiful glowing skin, I did not break out in my teenage years! Even some of my classmates were jealous of my beautiful skin, then when I go to second year of college and got a bf and was working at the same time, my skin was going crazy under stress, I started breaking out more and more. I was so devastated and was always in search for products that will help with my acne but nothing works. So one day I bumped into this product when they have it on sale at costco and I started using it in August 2011, my skin started to clear up really fast, the post acne marks were fading and I was really happy with the results, I was so happy that I even stocked up on this (I bought 5 of them I still have 2 bottles) because I was afraid that they would discontinue this (it happened to me before with Neutrogena healthy skin lotion, I was heartbroken and running lose looking for another HG for a while), but as I was using it, like other reviewers mentioned, I noticed little bumps on my cheeks, they were not cystic acnes, they were not too visible, but when I wash my face with soap I could definitely feel it, so I thought the white heads could be due to this lotion, and I stopped using it, and I noticed those little bumps started to go away gradually, so now I'm not using it anymore cause I feel that the acne scars will fade eventually with good nutrition and sunscreen but the thought of having clog pores eventually leading to acnes keep me from using this again. Anyway, it was working at first and helped me gain back my self esteem after my face was invaded by episodes of horrible acnes

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

wow! i'm amazed at how much I love this product.

i've been on the hunt for the 'perfect' night cream. most of the ones i've tried have made my skin too greasy or broke me out.

This elixir has actually cleared up my acne - no joke. This works better than any prescribed acne medication from my derm. I've been on acne meds since i was 12 (so...going on 18 years now? yikes!) and I'm stoked that this product has made a world of difference with my skin.

I can also tell that the few wrinkles I have are fading noticeably.

I use this in combination with the regenerist serum and I'm 100% satisfied with this purchase. Even though it's a pricey DS product, it's a superb product.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by hkitty5

When I first brought it, it worked wonders on my skin. I have combination sensitive skin that has a tendency of breaking out and burn at any new product. At the beginning I was worried that it would be too strong for me, but it cleared up my old acne scars and discolorations that been there for years! I only use it at night. When I wake up in the morning my skin just looks great and moisturized. But I got lazy for a period of time and since it was sunnier, I stop using for awhile. The results reversed and I'm slowly getting back my acne scars! So this is a great product to use if I want to look good the next day but the effects are not long lasting for me.