Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4 (Amino-Peptide), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Allantoin, PEG 100 Stearate, Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 10/8/2012 5:26:00 PM

I'm a huge fan and junkie for chemical exfoliants. I saw this item reviewed and recommended by Paula Begoun on the "Best Products - AHA Exfoliants." Olay's elixir contains 8-10% glycolic acid, antioxidants, and both cell-communicating and skin-repairing ingredients. I've already started on my second bottle and absolutely love the results I get. My skin is combination, often prone to dry flaky patches and easily clogged huge pores on my t-zone. This elixir delivers as my pores are clean and small with the overall skin texture being smooth & flake-free. I've had no problems with irritation or sensitivities and even use this product around my eyes. Additionally the packaging is great as it has a pump. Two pumps is enough product to cover my face and neck.

on 7/21/2012 3:14:00 PM

I just reviewed the Olay Regenerist Cleansing Cloths, and now I'm on to this. I've been using this line for about a month now and the results are amazing.
I have a very fair, Rosacea-plagued complexion (not bad alcoholic rosacea, just redness) and it's flipping HOT in Florida so my skin is aggravated on a daily basis. This product calms it down so much overnight that when I wake up, the redness has almost disappeared. I only use on squirt, anything more and it takes forever to soak in. I use it all over my face, even under my eyes, after I use the eye roller product. My skin is so smooth and so even in the morning it looks like I bought a new face. Best product I think I've ever used on my skin.

on 7/13/2012 10:15:00 PM

I'm pretty impressed by this. I was looking for a new night time moisturizer and came across this. I used to use ziana, but it is too harsh for my skin. I only use it on breakouts. This does what the ziana did for my skin without the side effects. It has even diminished the fine lines on my forehead. One thing I do not understand is why did they have to put glitter in it? Kind of silly....

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was skeptical of this product when I picked it up at my drugstore. But after having used it for the past three nights, I have to say that it is nothing short of sensational!

First of all, when I started using it, I was experiencing an acne breakout on my cheek and chin, caused by some makeup that I failed to completely remove before sleep. I cleansed my face and applied it before bed. The first morning I woke up, I really saw my skin looking brighter.

By the time of the third morning, I noticed my skin feeling softer, smoother and hydrated. This product really does work and it works better than any night cream I've used, including my beloved Oil of Olay Night Cream.

It is pricy, but it is well worth it. Being a "woman of a certain age," I'm now learning to pay more attention to my skin care. This product is a wonderful start.

I find that for me, the Olay treatments, creams and sunscreens work better for me than their cleansers.

But I love this product and highly recommend it. I can't wait to see how awesome my skin is after a few weeks!

on 6/1/2012 12:31:00 PM

Been using this nightly for weeks-gone thru 1/2 the bottle. I see no change in dark spots. As it's pricey for ds product, I'm not impressed.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Am making a mental note to update this review after I use this product a little longer, but so far so good. I'll be turning 30yrs old & have fair toned & olive, oily, acne/clogged pore prone skin.
After two times using this at night so far I've woke up with GLOWING skin! This is a product with AHA (glycolic acid to be specific) which is why I got it. Was looking to try something new. I had previously used Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle which I had positive results with, but it became a bit difficult to find after I moved last year (may'11) -&my new local drugstores don't carry Alpha Hydrox so I'd have to drive a lil further or order online. But my local WalMart& RiteAid stores DO have this Olay product and I'm smitten!
I did notice in the bottle what LOOKED like glitter/sparkles? (as other reviewers mentioned) but after applied, my face doesn't look glittery what so ever so please don't let that deter you from purchasing this as you shouldn't even notice it :) So NOW I have my fingers crossed for no breakouts from this product (the ingredient list looks pretty safe but ya never know!) Will update soon
UPDATE 9/3/12
I'm still super happy with this Olay purchase - 5 lippies all the way! I added this product into my skincare routine, using it several times a week (along with an AHA toner as well, Neutrogena Pore Refining) has greatly helped my skins overall clarity (and has diminished some clogged pores - yay)
I still notice the glitter at the bottom of the bottle when I tip it over but have NOT noticed any glitter on my face, ever. STILL loving the pump bottle (we all love pump bottles right? ;D) &also loving the results the most -I'll definately repurchase.

2nd Update - 6/24/13
I just repurchased my 2nd bottle of this. I paid $23 for it at my local WalMart (which seems to be the least expensive place for buying it in my area as I priced all of my local drugstores) I've also noticed RiteAid's Renewal Brand makes a "knockoff" of this product with very similar ingredients which I may try in the future.
My current routine though is applying this serum every other night. Using it on the nights that I do not use my other AHA product (Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner) I also use BHA(Stridex Pads/Alcohol Free version) in the mornings 5x/wk. Since making this my "routine", my skin has *noticeably* less blackheads & clogged pores, is overall much more "clear" looking, and any cystic pimples that do pop up, an extra dab of this Olay serum on them makes them disappear in record time!

I can understand how this could irritate some users though. If you haven't used a glycolic acid product in the past, you may want to start with only applying it *very* lightly, 1-2x a week until you notice no more irritation on the areas you're using it. When I began using AHA (10yrs ago O_o lol) I had a TON of redness, irritation, and also went through a 2 week purging process (I know some feel that "purging" is a myth but I personally know that I experienced it so I certainly don't feel it's a myth - YMMV of course :D)
Some AHA's need to have a little tolerance built up before regular use can begin so if you tried this and noticed stinging, burning, or redness after your first use or two, try dropping your usage down and not slathering it all over the skin until you build up that "tolerance" - I hope that helps other reviewers who've not had luck with this product because for me, it's heaven sent!

on 4/8/2012 10:00:00 AM

PIMPLES on the forehead and neck! gave it 3 tries, each after a couple of months wait in between, unfortunately same result. Shame, I really like Olay products.

This product is AHA-based (glycolic acid is one of the first ingredients) so I was pleasantly surprised to find that it did what it promised - I use this before bed and wake up with relatively even, low-oil skin. It usually helps prevent breakouts for me at night, and helps cool off existing ones.

on 3/7/2012 11:28:00 AM

The reason why I've given the olay elixir 4 stars (instead of 5) is that I have been using it for 5days only and I'm not sure whether the excellent result will keep up with time.
No side effects whatsover till now.
I have combination skin, no problems apart from age related issues like wrinkles (but little for my age).
I have always had glowing skin and lately, sadly, it looked dull, dehydrated. Maybe also owing to the harsh cold.
The texture is fantastic: light and airy. I must admit the decent glitter doesn't bother me and, once applied, I don't even notice it. You just need one pump for face and neck and it glides on beautifully. Not that sticky and, in any case, only the moment you apply it.
On waking up my skin feels smooth and hydrated, looks supple and glowing.
I haven't used foundation for over 20years (don't like the fact that it changes my skin color and I hate having a layer on my face) and now it would be a pity to cover the nice glow with foundation. Concealer here and there, a superlight layer of transparent powder, liquid blush, eyes and mouth make up: soft touch for the day and I dare more for the evening. And that's it!

This product has worked WONDERS for my skin. I have had it almost a week now and every morning, I wake up to clearer, brighter, smoother, skin that is GLOWING!

I decided to start an Olay Regenerist regimen due to a problem with milia I have had for a couple years now. This, combined with other Regenerist products, has been the only way to get the milia gone for me.

Very gentle exfoliation. I generally use a heavy night cream before bed, so I was worried about not having enough moisture. This serum not only exfoliates, but moisturizes. There was no burning or discomfort as is common with anti-aging products and my skin did not feel a bit tight.

I am addicted and would HIGHLY recommend this product!