Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste

4.4

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Medication [Lotion]) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Hydrated Silica, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Isoceteth 20, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Xanthan Gum , Sodium Citrate, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Citric Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Blue 1

on 9/13/2011 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am pretty impressed by this. Three nights of wearing it and my blemishes dry up almost completely. It doesn't sting like some other treatments do. It definitely shows up white on - make sure the lights are out! - but it is effective. Even better, using this product doesn't leave me with red marks or scars after. It also doesn't dry out the skin around the blemish, like most targeted spot treatments do. Decent amount of product for the price. Highly recommend.

Update: I used this stuff on this monster recurring blemish I have that pops back up every year toward the end of the year (no kidding). In years past I have tried so many different things to shrink it and get rid of it and nothing worked; I would have to suffer with it for like two or three weeks - miserable. After applying this paste to it for five nights in a row, it has shrunk almost completely. Amazing.

on 8/14/2011 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Something compelled me to buy this- I guess cause I am guilty of picking my face and the name...made sense. Anyway, I have a bunch of pimple creams and gels from Murad to AcneFree to Neutrogena...yeah. This stuff dries my zits out like NO OTHER! The most effective zit stuff I ever tried. Granted, my zits aren't 100% gone the next day, but they're dry and peely so pretty much on their way to being gone. There is definitely shrinkage in my zits when i wear it overnight. It does say on the package to apply it a few times a day but you really can't unless your at home not going anywhere. It dries really white so it's definitely NOT invisible. I think it works even faster if you can use it that much but even so, for just overnight it works really well too. I've probably been using this for a 2 weeks but I really like it. Hopefully it keeps working as well for a while since my other stuff is all pretty much MEH on the effectiveness level now. Great stuff PLEASE try it, especially on those hormonal suckers!! Please note- you should definitely rinse this off your fingers after applying since it is sooo drying. I can also see it being irritatingly dry if you have sensitive skin, so be aware.

on 8/5/2011 2:38:00 AM

I really do love this product. Everytime I pop a pimple it dries it up. I wish it could do something for scarring but overrall this product really does what it says it will.

on 7/29/2011 3:06:00 PM

This has been a life saver! As soon as I feel a blemish forming I put this on to keep myself from messing with it and making things worse. Sometimes it seems to clear the blemishes up faster and other times it doesn't seem to do much, but the thing I love is that I never have any negative side effects. I've tried spot-treating with other masks and a lot of times they're super-drying or really hard to wash off. Not this stuff - I've never experienced any drying or irritation, and even though it's durable enough to stay on all night while I'm sleeping it washes off with just one splash of water. I'm glad everyone else seems to be having positive experiences too, because I really don't want them to discontinue this! :)

on 7/24/2011 12:59:00 PM

I love this! I just started a birth control pill and my face went through some turmoil. :b i looked up reviews on this acne medication, and all of them were positive! it works for everyone! It goes on white on your face and when it starts working it changes to greenish. This morning I washed it off and there was just a scab on my face that easily peeled off. Underneath it the skin was redish and was a little tender, but I'd rather deal with that than a big pimple. This helped me out after one day! :D

on 7/18/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff. I cant use Salycilic Acid (or anything else accept Dove soap for that matter) all over so this is perfect. Its super thick and stays on all night. After 2 nights, Said pimple is gone. No peeling, no redness, just gone. Great spot treatment.

on 7/7/2011 1:35:00 PM

This is an excellent product!

Throughout my teenage years combating acne I have tried numerous salicylic acid acne medications, and often I found them to be irritating and ineffective. After reading several reviews, I purchased this in the hopes of treating the minor breakouts I experience every so often (Especially the "purging" breakouts from using Retin-A Micro).

Overall it great at reducing inflammation and decreasing the size of my pimples, whether popped or not! Definitely a great product! Will repurchase if needed.

on 6/25/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Background: dry, dark skin, used this product on zit scars, popped pimples and actual pimples, used if 3 times a day for 3 days (when i woke up, around 3pm, before i went to bed), washed my face with some cleanser 3x a day ( before i put this on each time), did not use any makeup during this time.

Pros: WORKS: took care of my popped-horrible looking zit scar type thing and even took care of existing zits, stays on overnight, isn't easy to spill, easy to wash off, doesn't leave residue, convenient sized bottle, doesn't take much actual goop (i guess this depends on your skin/degree or horribleness but for me just a little worked fine), no/little smell-the little smell there is doesn't smell bad, doesn't take long to work (none of that 3-4 week stuff, just a couple days)

Cons: quite expensive- i got it full price for 13 Cnd $, very very noticeable- like toothpaste on your face, small quantity but like i said above, don't need much.

Effects: redness gone, size reduced, zit scars leaving slowly, actual pimples become smaller then disapear

Caution: do not go into public with this on- for your own well-being. don't put on too much, don't mix with other acne treatments, wash face before applying.

Would definitely buy this again and use it. Worth the money!

on 6/16/2011 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I am 14 years old and I get acne like crazy!! I have been fighting the zit battle since i can remember. I cant help but pop my zits I try to cover them up and I hate haveing them stick 80 miles out. So I gave up on the idea of clear skin because of this. I was in wal-mart last week and I was stocking up on acne products and u noticed this product and I decided I would try it. That night I put it over all my zits ever those that were not popped and I woke up that morning and they all were almost gone!! I was blown away. I covered them up and I appeared to have clear skin! In two days all my zits were gone!! I hadn't seen my skin this clear in ages. My confedence went up and I felt like I could take on the world!!! I love this stuff it's magic in a tube!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'll admit, I'm a skin picker. I use the tweezerman extractor when popping pimples. I've become better over the years of not over-extracting and try to only use my "tool" when I have a huge whitehead or blackhead that can easily be pressed out. I recently went on vacation and purchased the Purpose bar soap to bring along, which I believe is actually manufactured in hell by Satan (see my scathing MUA review). This stuff broke my face out terribly in small whiteheads and blackheads. I couldn't help myself and steamed my face and extracted around 17 pimples. I counted. I then felt the inevitable remorse about destroying my face and went to CVS at 10pm to buy this stuff. The first thing I noticed is that it's really thick and it's texture reminds me of the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. It comes out light blue and tries white. It actually pulls gunk out of your pimple like the QHMJM. The tube is pretty small, but you don't need a lot. It also has a scent, which I would describe as fresh. I dabbed this on all of my pimples and went to sleep. When I woke up the paste was still dry on my popped pimples and I sleep on my face. This stuff really stays on overnight! After washing my face in the shower, my pimples were much, much less red than they normally would be post popping. Several of them were literally just a small pinkish dot the size of my pore. The zits that were really big and oozed a lot had a nice flat scab over them and were not swollen or super red around the scab. It was easy to cover them with concealer. That night after washing my face, I noticed that one of the pimples had reappeared. I gently popped it and put more of the paste on. I also reapplied the paste to any zit from the previous night that was still noticeable. This morning, my face looks soooo much better. Most of the 17 popped zits are no longer noticeable. I have about 3 that were still a bit raised with a small scab. They were easy to cover and it seems like the little scabs will fall off really soon. It also seems to prevent getting a huge dark acne scar. I'm going to put the paste on again tonight and will update if anything else amazing happens! I love this stuff!! Before, I used the Clean & Clear Advantage gel spot treatment in the silver and purple tube. This stuff kicks it's ass!

Popular Treatments (Face)