July 30, 2014 | 2182 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

***UPDATE from my previous review.***
I am not a fan of this haircolor anymore. How do you do a root touch up with this foam? You can't at all. It's not even an option in the instructions. Also, the Pure Darkest Brown has faded in PARTS of my hair and has stayed pretty much jet black in other parts! It looks really bad and uneven now, plus I have visible roots showing through. I won't be using this product again. Any hair color that doesn't educate about "root touch ups" and encourages full head color application every time is really bad. That is horrible for your hair and your ends will end up way darker than your roots (if you are coloring darker like I am).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1943

After using Garnier Nutrisse for years and finding it foolproof I decided to give Sublime Mousse a go as it looked like it would be slightly less messy. I have dark brown hair and quite a bit of grey in my roots and have coloured my hair black for years. The first time I used the Pure Black 20 I was thrilled as it was way less mess, super easy to use with pump, covered the grey perfectly, easy to rinse out, lasted well and left my hair looking and feeling great. The second time was not so good. Again less mess, but the final result left my greys an awful red-orange colour!!! (It claims "Perfect Grey Coverage" on the box. I had no time to do anything about it as I was catching a flight first thing in the morning. I'm hugely disappointed and will not trust this product again. Also find it super frustrating that you cannot email a complaint to L'Oreal....you have to have phone during eastern business hours which is a drag when you are from the west. My only advise for this product is try it when you don't have something important happening in the next couple of days so you can do something about it if it leaves your hair a weird colour!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Jppshipley

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been dying my hair for 20+ years. I purchased and used the Sublime black hair dye. After applying the dye my head started to itch severely. Since then, my scalp and hair are severely dry and itchy. My hair has broken off from about 10 inches to 2 inches and just stopped growing all together. Now I am wearing a wig.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this is dark copper blonde,, the picture on the box is quite similar to what my hair usually looks like { I've been coloring for 16 years or so } so I thought I'd give it a go.. luckily I can get away with garish colors because the color I ended up with was VERY orange, not copper but orange , I got a few compliments on it BUT it also faded quickly and to a very uneven strawberry blonde/ashen so I won't use it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by empresswu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewer noted, this product dried my hair like straw *_*. Haven't colored in two months so my hair WAS in silky good shape. The foam is easy to dispense and no dripping is a plus, easy to apply but never again. I always use Feria and will go back once my hair scalp recovers...if ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lola0116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love thisss! It's so much easier to dye hair now since I prefer to do it myself.It takes 10 minutes for my little longer than shoulder length hair:)It dries it up a bit but that's not a problem for me since my hair is very oily and the cream in the box is pretty good so after all it leaves my hair soft and shiny.There's no mess or anything, the hair color comes out a tone or two darker than the box but fades within 2 washes so not a problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by rachaelhubbard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Tried this on a whim today - I love most L'Oreal hair colors, Feria & Coleur Experte being my favorites. I wanted to try the new trend of foam color out...

I don't know if it's all foams, or just this one, but immediately after I put it on my hair, it started to feel DRY. (BTW I found the pump dispenser to be harder to use. My counter got messy from having to put it there and pump into my hands... I don't have this problem with conventional dyes, but I've been using those since I was 14, so maybe it's just that I'm more practised at it) I kept putting more and more product on, and my hair just kept feeling dryer and dryer - more straw like with every pump. Most of my hair that was over-processed (double processed blonde for a year on hair that used to be 18" long, chopped it off to a longish pixie earlier this year) definitely felt the brunt of the drying effects, but even the never-bleached sections felt dry too.

In the shower, the dry feeling continued. I guess I am used to color leaving my hair silky and healthier-feeling (Feria definitely does this!) but this just felt awful. It was just about impossible to "lather" in order to rinse it out - I just had to kind of rinse it out. When I put the conditioner on it got a little better, but again, not what I was expecting from a L'Oreal product. Also, I found the conditioner to be very smelly, in a bad way.

After getting out of the shower and drying my hair, it is definitely brassy. I was going from a Feria Power Red back to my original brunette, so I am not entirely surprised, but a bit disappointed. Dark brown should COVER red, you know!? Also, the color is pretty flat.

I was hoping this would be the last coloring I would do for some time, and I could let my natural hair just grow out, but I have a feeling I'll have to do an all-over again in 6 weeks to get rid of the lingering brassiness. I won't be repurchasing this color - back to Feria it is.

This isn't the WORST home hair color kit I've tried, but there are definitely better ones out there, especially in the almost $10 range. It seems like if your hair is healthy and not over-processed, you will get much better results with this product. If you've got any sort of damage at all, stick to a more tried-and-true dye.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by 4dogsmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

REVOLUTIONARY PRODUCT! I will ALWAYS use foam! I was afraid it would not cover because I am old school, but it did BETTER than gloppy dyes or cremes. LOVE this product.
-Easy to apply (my hair is shoulder length)
-Great coverage (I will leave it on my greys longer next time)
-Washes out easy
-No mess whatsoever
-Color is great, and very true to box. I have medium brown hair and used Spicy Auburn Brown. Left it on for 25 minutes, like the package said.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only neg thing I can think of is that my hair felt a bit dry after I was done, but I am 44 yrs. old, so my hair is getting a bit brittle with age. Don't be afraid to try it. I can't understand all the neg reviews??????

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by tommysaunt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This literally made no change in my hair color whatsoever unless you count the brassy tone it gave my roots. It was awful! I bought a shade 2 times lighter than my current shade and I ended up with brassy roots and an overall dull cast to my hair. I didn't know it was possible for hair color to have absolutely no effect on my hair color.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by blondebirdy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair before was highlighted blonde, and I decided going fullout blonde using the medium blonde kit. I just blowdryed my hair it has an orange tint to it! Ugh.