L'Oreal Sublime Mousse

2.7

ammonia

on 6/11/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this color. I've used pretty much every drugstore hair color on the market, as well as some from Ion and Wella, and this is amazing. The mousse is super easy to use, but you do need to read the directions - don't shake it!! I don't have grey hair, so I don't know how well it covers that, but it covers my medium mousy brown roots incredibly well (I dye my hair dark brown). It can be drying while it's processing, but once I rinse it and use the conditioner, my hair feels and looks amazing. It's incredibly soft, shiny, and the color is rich for weeks. I really hope this isn't going to be discontinued!

on 6/11/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i wanted to try something different besides the same old Feria, which i won't be doing again for a long time.This made my hair fall out/break off. Pretty awful stuff. The only good things about it was the application was neat and really easy and the conditioner was nice.Needs a serious reformulation though..Buyer beware.ugh :(

on 6/5/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

***UPDATE from my previous review.***
I am not a fan of this haircolor anymore. How do you do a root touch up with this foam? You can't at all. It's not even an option in the instructions. Also, the Pure Darkest Brown has faded in PARTS of my hair and has stayed pretty much jet black in other parts! It looks really bad and uneven now, plus I have visible roots showing through. I won't be using this product again. Any hair color that doesn't educate about "root touch ups" and encourages full head color application every time is really bad. That is horrible for your hair and your ends will end up way darker than your roots (if you are coloring darker like I am).

on 5/23/2012 9:03:00 PM

After using Garnier Nutrisse for years and finding it foolproof I decided to give Sublime Mousse a go as it looked like it would be slightly less messy. I have dark brown hair and quite a bit of grey in my roots and have coloured my hair black for years. The first time I used the Pure Black 20 I was thrilled as it was way less mess, super easy to use with pump, covered the grey perfectly, easy to rinse out, lasted well and left my hair looking and feeling great. The second time was not so good. Again less mess, but the final result left my greys an awful red-orange colour!!! (It claims "Perfect Grey Coverage" on the box. I had no time to do anything about it as I was catching a flight first thing in the morning. I'm hugely disappointed and will not trust this product again. Also find it super frustrating that you cannot email a complaint to L'Oreal....you have to have phone during eastern business hours which is a drag when you are from the west. My only advise for this product is try it when you don't have something important happening in the next couple of days so you can do something about it if it leaves your hair a weird colour!

on 5/23/2012 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been dying my hair for 20+ years. I purchased and used the Sublime black hair dye. After applying the dye my head started to itch severely. Since then, my scalp and hair are severely dry and itchy. My hair has broken off from about 10 inches to 2 inches and just stopped growing all together. Now I am wearing a wig.

Tried this is dark copper blonde,, the picture on the box is quite similar to what my hair usually looks like { I've been coloring for 16 years or so } so I thought I'd give it a go.. luckily I can get away with garish colors because the color I ended up with was VERY orange, not copper but orange , I got a few compliments on it BUT it also faded quickly and to a very uneven strawberry blonde/ashen so I won't use it again.

on 5/15/2012 3:23:00 PM

Like the previous reviewer noted, this product dried my hair like straw *_*. Haven't colored in two months so my hair WAS in silky good shape. The foam is easy to dispense and no dripping is a plus, easy to apply but never again. I always use Feria and will go back once my hair scalp recovers...if ever.

on 4/25/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love thisss! It's so much easier to dye hair now since I prefer to do it myself.It takes 10 minutes for my little longer than shoulder length hair:)It dries it up a bit but that's not a problem for me since my hair is very oily and the cream in the box is pretty good so after all it leaves my hair soft and shiny.There's no mess or anything, the hair color comes out a tone or two darker than the box but fades within 2 washes so not a problem.

on 4/15/2012 12:03:00 PM

REVOLUTIONARY PRODUCT! I will ALWAYS use foam! I was afraid it would not cover because I am old school, but it did BETTER than gloppy dyes or cremes. LOVE this product.
-Easy to apply (my hair is shoulder length)
-Great coverage (I will leave it on my greys longer next time)
-Washes out easy
-No mess whatsoever
-Color is great, and very true to box. I have medium brown hair and used Spicy Auburn Brown. Left it on for 25 minutes, like the package said.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only neg thing I can think of is that my hair felt a bit dry after I was done, but I am 44 yrs. old, so my hair is getting a bit brittle with age. Don't be afraid to try it. I can't understand all the neg reviews??????

on 4/12/2012 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This literally made no change in my hair color whatsoever unless you count the brassy tone it gave my roots. It was awful! I bought a shade 2 times lighter than my current shade and I ended up with brassy roots and an overall dull cast to my hair. I didn't know it was possible for hair color to have absolutely no effect on my hair color.