October 24, 2014 | 1256 users online

Shampoo - DermOrganic - Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This with the conditioner is my new HG. Love the scent, love what it does to my hear. I love everything about it. I've been mixing it with Invati (about a teaspoon) and it gives me that Aveda scent and the Invati fullness but it's not crazy full. But even on its own, the shampoo is really amazing. It's gentle, but still seems to get my hair squeaky clean. Makes styling SO much easier!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by xajaso

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews here and on Amazon, I decided to order a small sampler of the shampoo, masque, and argan oil treatment for myself and my teenager to try. By day two, we were ordering full sizes of everything, including the daily conditioner which was not part of the original set. All the products are amazing but let me concentrate on the shampo, which I have come to believe is without equal.

The label says it uses "skin cleansers" and I can see this is true, my scalp and hair are both squeaky clean and clarified without being stripped. The smell is not perfumey, just clean. I even let my younger kids use it. It is slightly more expensive but it doesn't take much at all, just a pump for each kid, and 3-4 for my thick, mid-back hair. It feels lighter and cleaner in a way that is different from anything else I've used. And it stays fresh, even after applying conditioners, the leave-in, and any other styling product I might use. My teenager echoes my sentiments: she is a fanatic about her hair and LOVES this. She uses hot tools and styling products almost daily, and she loves these products. I don't know how DermOrganic did it, but this stuff is solid gold. Even though it is more costly at $14-21 for the big bottle via Amazon, and I have to wait 10-14 days for it to reach my military base here in Germany, I won't go back. I did deduct a point from the packaging score as the pump is hard to open. (Turn middle section and pump nozzle in opposite directions) So happy to have found my HG hair products. I can count on a good hair day every single day, and that is well worth the slight expense and inconvenience.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by seekingsolutions

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well. Thanks to all the generous MUA'ers who left a review for these products :) I did sooooo much research on MUA to find a good, non-sulfate shampoo/hair care system - and here it is. Love, love, love this line...funny thing though - it took my hair about 5 hours to settle into perfection after the initial shock ;p the shampoo was as rich and thick as a conditioner, and it actually quickly lathered! Left my hair squeaking clean, actually. I think I used too much, next time I will use less, and I will mix it with a bit of conditioner. As this review is only for the shampoo, I will address only that. I did find it mildly stripping, so best used with the conditioner as well. However, leaves hair shiny, super clean, smells mild, and lathers well, rinses clean, and leaves no lingering perfume.
Cruelty-free, vegan, organic, no cones or synthetics. Hard to find on the ground, mid-priced (no worse than Joico et al) comes in handy liter size bottles, though the pump is hard to unlock. Fair price for the quality, especially if you can find it at a warehouse type retailer (TJ Max in the US, Winners or Homesense in Canada.) This is looking like potential HG to me - left my horrid, dry, frizzy, "special-snowflake", picky, freaky, BSL length hair soft to the touch, and clean, with volume :) I love it! I am going back to buy all the bottles on the store shelf...
EDIT: I added one pump of the conditioning mask to a half pump of the shampoo when I washed hair today, and got perfect results. :) No stripping, and after following up with the mask treatment, lovely hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down my favorite shampoo so far and I have tried tons from organic to drugstore and all the way to salon brands. It is rich and creamy, sulfate and paraben-free, and doesn't have a strong smell. It gently cleanses but gets rid of any styling products I have in my hair without stripping my hair or making it feel rough or frizzy. My hair is left smoother and shinier, especially when I follow with the matching conditioning masque. It doesn't pull out any color either from my highlights. I am so happy I picked up the travel size first to test it out because I plan on getting the bigger bottle next at Marshall's. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

When I first used this shampoo, I thought it was a dud. It sudded up well, but after rinsing I noticed that my hair felt very dry. When I brushed it out, my hair was super tangled. I thought that when my hair dried, it would be the same story. Wrong! (Once dried), this shampoo left my hair feeling clean, soft and healthy. I need to use a detangler after shampooing with this, which is no big deal seeing as my hair seems to tangle with any shampoo I use. The good news is you don't really need to condition when using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kuchka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this sulfate free shampoo. It has great lather (especially for a sulfate free product), smells great, rinses clean and leaves my hair very shiny and soft. I always worried about using a sulfate free shampoo although I wanted to find one because I thought I would get no lather and my hair would not feel clean. However, DermOrganic has proven me wrong. I will continue to repurchase as long as this product is available!

FYI - The conditioner is great too. I use them together!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HOLY EFFING CRAP, MUA. This review is for both the shampoo and hydrating masque to save time. ***Please note: I am in no way affiliated with this company, nor do I have any vested interest in any hair care products other than as a consumer.***

RUN…don’t walk…RUN to get this stuff.

To start: I have relaxed, colored AND BKTed hair. I work out vigorously 5x a week , so I wash my hair 5x a week. I blow my hair dry 2-3x a week. As you can imagine, my hair is (WAS!) dry and fragile. I have been sulfate-free for some time now, with the exception of the times I relax and BKT my hair (You need the sulfates to get all the relaxer out of your hair and you need sulfates to clarify your hair before the BKT…obviously I do these things separately.)

I have tried SO MANY sulfate free shampoos and “moisturizing” conditioners. NONE- ABSOLUTELY NONE- have even come close to what the Hydrating Masque and shampoo from DermOrganic has done for me.

I tried the Masque first, on a whim. I was completely floored by the results. After blow drying my hair was buttery soft and silky feeling. I figured it was a fluke , but by later that night, when my hair felt just as amazing, I was convinced I had to go buy another bottle.

So the very next day off I went, and picked up the shampoo to go along with it. To be honest, I expected the shampoo to be mediocre. (It couldn’t possibly be as wonderful as the Masque…could it?) Well, I was WRONG.

The results with the two combined have been astounding. If you had told me about it in advance, I would not have believed you (but I would have tried it anyway, LOL).

So, the NEXT day I got the Spray Therapy. Amazing!
When I am finished with my Moroccan Oil I will be ordering the Leave In Treatment.

The ONLY possible downsides to these products are the following: One is the price. It’s not exorbitant, at least not compared to some luxury hair care items, but it’s not cheap. You know what? I don’t care. For hair this amazing, I will gladly pay the price ($36 for the liter of the Masque and $30 for the shampoo) for hair this healthy and shiny.

The other is the smell of the Leave-In-Treatment and the spray. It’s a bit “cherry cough syrup” but the scent, thankfully, does not last.

So, ladies with dry or chemically processed hair…GET ON IT. Just don’t buy them all or I will cry. 

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MamtaAUB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I should've listened to the previous reviewer! This shampoo left my fine straight ish hair tangled and greasy looking! I was really hoping it would work as I'm now on a co wash kick for 2013! It made my fine hair shed a little less than sulfate shampoo but shed it did. Glad I got the 7 dollar bottle to try! I will use this to now shave my legs!! Or give it to my hubby!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After two weeks of this shampoo, daily conditioner, and leave-in serum, my normally fine, limp hair is as softer, stronger, shinier, and bouncier than in many years. I bought the trial size set on a lark at Ulta, just because I liked the mild smell of the shampoo. The texture is sort of creamy/whipped, and it's a little harder to lather than regulars shampoos but works up much better than most sulfate-free shampoos I've purchased. A few months ago I made several attempts a cowashing with various conditioners and all left my scalp a nasty mess after a few days. This is as gentle as a conditioner but Ive had no scalp issues. Some days I feel I need to lather twice, which is a really luxurious experience. I'll post reviews of the other products separately, but this has quickly become my favorite shampoo ever. Awesome stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Tshank777

This is the very best shampoo I have ever really used. It conditions and continues to heal broken and damaged hair .It really does what it says.or claims to do. It is way better then pureology or any other sulfate free shampoos I have used in comparison so far.you also don't need to use much. It definetly works better when you use in conjunction with the masque and Aryan hair oil. But all on all the Best!