April 18, 2014 | 1765 users online

Shampoo - DermOrganic - Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

This is hands down my favorite shampoo so far and I have tried tons from organic to drugstore and all the way to salon brands. It is rich and creamy, sulfate and paraben-free, and doesn't have a strong smell. It gently cleanses but gets rid of any styling products I have in my hair without stripping my hair or making it feel rough or frizzy. My hair is left smoother and shinier, especially when I follow with the matching conditioning masque. It doesn't pull out any color either from my highlights. I am so happy I picked up the travel size first to test it out because I plan on getting the bigger bottle next at Marshall's. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

When I first used this shampoo, I thought it was a dud. It sudded up well, but after rinsing I noticed that my hair felt very dry. When I brushed it out, my hair was super tangled. I thought that when my hair dried, it would be the same story. Wrong! (Once dried), this shampoo left my hair feeling clean, soft and healthy. I need to use a detangler after shampooing with this, which is no big deal seeing as my hair seems to tangle with any shampoo I use. The good news is you don't really need to condition when using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kuchka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this sulfate free shampoo. It has great lather (especially for a sulfate free product), smells great, rinses clean and leaves my hair very shiny and soft. I always worried about using a sulfate free shampoo although I wanted to find one because I thought I would get no lather and my hair would not feel clean. However, DermOrganic has proven me wrong. I will continue to repurchase as long as this product is available!

FYI - The conditioner is great too. I use them together!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HOLY EFFING CRAP, MUA. This review is for both the shampoo and hydrating masque to save time. ***Please note: I am in no way affiliated with this company, nor do I have any vested interest in any hair care products other than as a consumer.***

RUN…don’t walk…RUN to get this stuff.

To start: I have relaxed, colored AND BKTed hair. I work out vigorously 5x a week , so I wash my hair 5x a week. I blow my hair dry 2-3x a week. As you can imagine, my hair is (WAS!) dry and fragile. I have been sulfate-free for some time now, with the exception of the times I relax and BKT my hair (You need the sulfates to get all the relaxer out of your hair and you need sulfates to clarify your hair before the BKT…obviously I do these things separately.)

I have tried SO MANY sulfate free shampoos and “moisturizing” conditioners. NONE- ABSOLUTELY NONE- have even come close to what the Hydrating Masque and shampoo from DermOrganic has done for me.

I tried the Masque first, on a whim. I was completely floored by the results. After blow drying my hair was buttery soft and silky feeling. I figured it was a fluke , but by later that night, when my hair felt just as amazing, I was convinced I had to go buy another bottle.

So the very next day off I went, and picked up the shampoo to go along with it. To be honest, I expected the shampoo to be mediocre. (It couldn’t possibly be as wonderful as the Masque…could it?) Well, I was WRONG.

The results with the two combined have been astounding. If you had told me about it in advance, I would not have believed you (but I would have tried it anyway, LOL).

So, the NEXT day I got the Spray Therapy. Amazing!
When I am finished with my Moroccan Oil I will be ordering the Leave In Treatment.

The ONLY possible downsides to these products are the following: One is the price. It’s not exorbitant, at least not compared to some luxury hair care items, but it’s not cheap. You know what? I don’t care. For hair this amazing, I will gladly pay the price ($36 for the liter of the Masque and $30 for the shampoo) for hair this healthy and shiny.

The other is the smell of the Leave-In-Treatment and the spray. It’s a bit “cherry cough syrup” but the scent, thankfully, does not last.

So, ladies with dry or chemically processed hair…GET ON IT. Just don’t buy them all or I will cry. 

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MamtaAUB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I should've listened to the previous reviewer! This shampoo left my fine straight ish hair tangled and greasy looking! I was really hoping it would work as I'm now on a co wash kick for 2013! It made my fine hair shed a little less than sulfate shampoo but shed it did. Glad I got the 7 dollar bottle to try! I will use this to now shave my legs!! Or give it to my hubby!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After two weeks of this shampoo, daily conditioner, and leave-in serum, my normally fine, limp hair is as softer, stronger, shinier, and bouncier than in many years. I bought the trial size set on a lark at Ulta, just because I liked the mild smell of the shampoo. The texture is sort of creamy/whipped, and it's a little harder to lather than regulars shampoos but works up much better than most sulfate-free shampoos I've purchased. A few months ago I made several attempts a cowashing with various conditioners and all left my scalp a nasty mess after a few days. This is as gentle as a conditioner but Ive had no scalp issues. Some days I feel I need to lather twice, which is a really luxurious experience. I'll post reviews of the other products separately, but this has quickly become my favorite shampoo ever. Awesome stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Tshank777

This is the very best shampoo I have ever really used. It conditions and continues to heal broken and damaged hair .It really does what it says.or claims to do. It is way better then pureology or any other sulfate free shampoos I have used in comparison so far.you also don't need to use much. It definetly works better when you use in conjunction with the masque and Aryan hair oil. But all on all the Best!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Crystalpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a very sensitive scalp and have to be very careful with what shampoo I use. Sometimes sulfate free shampoos irritate my scalp because it's loaded with all those essential oils. But I'm so glad I found this shampoo! At first I was sceptical about purchasing it because it contains argan oil and thought that it would further irritate my scalp or make it oily, but it does an incredible job at cleansing my scalp. To be honest at the beginning I didn't use it properly and nearly threw it away, but once I knew that I had to really massage the product into my scalp then I fell in love. Because of the low lather factor I do have to use more of it than other shampoos but it's totally worth it for my hair and scalp. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by kelka

I bought this product because I read Minka Kelly uses it, and she has beautiful shiny hair! Also because it uses real Moroccan Argan oil, and isn't at the end of the ingredient list!

I didn't hold high hopes as most sulfate-free shampoo is usually hopeless at cleaning or getting through my thick hair.

It is a thick creamy consistency, like conditioner, It took a few pumps to get out enough for my hair. I was so pleasantly surprise at the lathering of this shampoo! It went through my hair wonderfully and it felt so clean afterwards!

This is HG status for me, I don't think I will ever use anything else, I feel like I've searched for this product my whole life, and I feel the same about the Masque and Leave In Treatment. Please do yourself a favour and try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by kittje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is AMAZING. a tiny quarter size pump is enough for my whole head (fine wavy hair down to my ribcage) i love the ingredients and how it makes my hair feel