December 22, 2014 | 1197 users online

Conditioner - DermOrganic - Masque Intensive Hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HOLY EFFING CRAP, MUA. This review is for both the shampoo and hydrating masque to save time. ***Please note: I am in no way affiliated with this company, nor do I have any vested interest in any hair care products other than as a consumer.***

RUN…don’t walk…RUN to get this stuff.

To start: I have relaxed, colored AND BKTed hair. I work out vigorously 5x a week , so I wash my hair 5x a week. I blow my hair dry 2-3x a week. As you can imagine, my hair is (WAS!) dry and fragile. I have been sulfate-free for some time now, with the exception of the times I relax and BKT my hair (You need the sulfates to get all the relaxer out of your hair and you need sulfates to clarify your hair before the BKT…obviously I do these things separately.)

I have tried SO MANY sulfate free shampoos and “moisturizing” conditioners. NONE- ABSOLUTELY NONE- have even come close to what the Hydrating Masque and shampoo from DermOrganic has done for me.

I tried the Masque first, on a whim. I was completely floored by the results. After blow drying my hair was buttery soft and silky feeling. I figured it was a fluke , but by later that night, when my hair felt just as amazing, I was convinced I had to go buy another bottle.

So the very next day off I went, and picked up the shampoo to go along with it. To be honest, I expected the shampoo to be mediocre. (It couldn’t possibly be as wonderful as the Masque…could it?) Well, I was WRONG.

The results with the two combined have been astounding. If you had told me about it in advance, I would not have believed you (but I would have tried it anyway, LOL).
So, the NEXT day I got the Spray Therapy. Amazing!
When I am finished with my Moroccan Oil I will be ordering the Leave In Treatment.

The ONLY possible downsides to these products are the following: One is the price. It’s not exorbitant, at least not compared to some luxury hair care items, but it’s not cheap. You know what? I don’t care. For hair this amazing, I will gladly pay the price ($36 for the liter of the Masque and $30 for the shampoo) for hair this healthy and shiny.

The other is the smell of the Leave-In-Treatment and the spray. It’s a bit “cherry cough syrup” but the scent, thankfully, does not last.

So, ladies with dry or chemically processed hair…GET ON IT. Just don’t buy them all or I will cry. 

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Jay4Lou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this at my god mothers house and immediately asked her where she got it. TJ maxx of all places. I love this as a daily or deep conditioner. My hair feels amazing after using it. So far the best conditioner I've used in a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by kelka

I bought this because I read that Minka Kelly uses this, and she has beautiful hair!

Let me start off by saying my hair is bleached, and can be very dry and brittle on the ends.
I find it really hard to run ordinary conditioner through my hair without using half a bottle to get the tangles out.

This stuff is AMAZING, even more amazing for a natural product free of additives.

It is a thick creamy consistency which requires a few pumps to get enough out. I feel that I went a bit overboard as I'm used to requiring a lot of conditioner. I need so much less of this, my hair is manageable, soft, and not frizzy. I will never buy anything else, this is HG status for me. Do yourself a favor and try it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kittje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is so amazing i want to cry. it makes my fine wavy hair feel like silk. i use about 4 pumps and it's enough for my whole head ( my hair is down to my ribcage)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mizellmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I cannot say enough amazing things about this product. I use it in conjunction with the DermOrganic moisturizing shampoo and holy cow. I have long, heavily highlighted, blonde hair. I blow dry it 2-3 times a week and straighten it every other day. I bought this at Marshall's for 20 bucks, originally 40. I use it every time I condition my hair. Love love love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by luckyluke8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this hair treatment! I use it once a week or so as a conditioner and leave in for a few minutes, and it leaves my hair soft and much less frizzy for at least a couple of days. I much prefer this to Maroccan Oil, and I will happily repurchase once the bottle is empty. The pump can be locked by turning it, so I even managed to travel with it without any spilling. Dosage with the pump works well and prevents wasting product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Elektra2070

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The product does do what it claims: makes hair manageable, detangles, smoothes, smells nicely fragrant. The amount of argan oil in this product is higher than the amount of argan oil inside of Morrocanoil brand. In addition, there is only one silicone in it and it happens to be water soluable. I have not tried the leave-in because I am staying away from silicones that are non-water soluable.

I am likely to repurchase this product. The conditioner also gives volume without puffiness, and smoothness.

No product can really cure truly damaged hair if the person just keep on damaging. You have to do regular trims, condition, and limit styling that damages the hair.

I am currently looking into the John Masters Organics line and using some of their stuff.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing conditioner, especially when used together with the matching DermOrganic sulfate-free shampoo. Both the shampoo and conditioner remind me a lot of Mastey's products. Mastey's Traite shampoo is an HG product for me. I did some digging online and sure enough, Mastey and DermOrganic are sister companies. Both brands are sold at very reasonable prices on sleekhair.com. I found the DermOrganic shampoo & masque for $20 each for a liter at TJ Maxx. You can purchase the same bottles on the sleekhair site for around $25 each plus shipping, not a huge price difference, to be sure you're getting the "real thing." I'm only mentioning this because I was sold a fake Jonathan hair product at TJ Maxx in the past so I know they do sell some fakes. Anyway - this masque is awesome. it's actually a pretty light texture for something called a 'masque.' I have very long, fine, wavy & color treated hair. This really moisturizes without adding weight. it's like a somewhat heavier version of Mastey's frehair conditioner. This is all-organic and contains argan oil, unlike the Mastey line. Usually I avoid argan oil because I find that over time, it weighs my fine hair down, but so far I haven't had that issue with this product and I've been using it daily. The directions say to leave it on for 3-5 minutes but I don't have time to do that in the morning, so I just rinse it out immediately, but it still provides more than enough detangling and conditioning power for my hair. This is a keep, along with the matching shampoo. I actually prefer this product over any of the Mastey conditioners. Highly recommend if you like gentle, organic products or just generally if you have fine hair that's been chemically treated or processed. Also, it smells amazingly fresh and light unlike a lot of other products that are argan oil-based.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by laninaimantada

Got this at TJMAX and still can'tbelieve I'd not tried this before, leaves hair AMAZINGLY SOFT AND SHINY! and the best thing is that all the ingredientes are organic and good for the hair, no chemicals at all or harsh ingredients. LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Kiana16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is brilliant and the reason I bought this instead of Morrocan/Macadamian is because it was recommended by naturesknockout, which meeannnss this has no harmful ingredients in it, and in their review, they said it's safe and awesome for your hair :) So I went out and bought the biggest size they had, and I am very glad I did. So far I have only used it twice and that's only because I use it every week and a half. I don't really need too much extra moisture/ care for my hair since I rarely style it and I generally take really good care of my hair so I have no split ends. Also when I apply it in the shower, I only use one pump and a half for my waist long medium thickness hair. I leave it on for about 5 minutes and OMG. I could not stop touching my hair when it air dried. It was SO soft and suppperrr silky. I was amazed I kept touching my hair. Definitely purchasing this again though I don't think I will finish my giant bottle for another several years haha