April 24, 2014 | 1811 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Finishing Kabuki

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Is this brush new? I've only seen it in stores once and snatched it up immediately. I love ectotools. This brush beats my Sonia Kashuk stippling brush, and has replaced it in my brush collection. So soft to the touch. Works great for foundation. Haven't used it yet for highlighter/anything else, but I'm sure it would work. Though I must be honest: the first time I washed it I did notice two hairs come out. :( I have never had this issue with ANY of my ecotools brushes, and I'm hoping it doesn't keep shedding. But still I love it and would repurchase. Oh and a sidenote! I HATE the packaging of all ecotools brushes! It's a big waste of time the way they make them resealable, as if anyone is going to use that bag to transport their brush in?? AND it's a PITA to get the brush out, you have to pull it out through a tiny slot and the bristles will get ruffled the wrong way. Dude, I JUST realized a way to get around this. Cut off the bottom and pull the brush out, handle first, through the bottom. DUH. Since I'm gonna throw the package away anyway. Can't believe I just figured that out. Anyway, I still hate the packaging!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

my new favourite face brush! i use this primarily for MAC skinfinishes and rice powder, to help finish my blush & then finish my overall look. i'm in love with this brush. it's so soft, fluffy & has a nice, large surface area, making it a dream to apply product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know how I missed this little gem in stores...I saw it at Walgreens yesterday and knew it had to become part of my brush family. I immediately saw the use for it as the brush to dust on my ELF HD powder after applying my liquid foundation - but then also started to see how it can be used in many ways. First, I think this would apply liquid foundation very nicely. It is soft, but there are a lot of bristles - it fans out but it is just dense enough to get the job done. Second, I think this would make bronzers and blushes look very natural. It's almost impossible to overuse a product if you apply it with this brush. I'm using it for my ELF HD powder to set my liquid foundation, and I'm loving this! Also - I did clean it first when I bought it and a lot of color came out in that initial wash - so be sure to wash this before using! On that note - it cleans really nicely!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by francisvi

I was looking for a stippling brush when I saw this at Walgreens. It costs $7-8, so I picked it up. When I first opened it, I was disappointed by the really sparse hairs. I thought of returning it, but then I tried using it to apply my powder blush. It gave a great finish! It looked so blended with my skin, so natural-looking.. It is a little too big, tho, so I stopped using it for that.
Now, I use this brush to buff my foundation (I apply the foundation w/ fingers first since this brush is not dense enough to pick up the foundation). It evens out the application and gives smooth finish. I also use this to apply my finishing powder (I like it better than using my powder brushes because this one doesn't pick up too much product).
I love it! Will definitely buy again, well, I need to, so that I can have one for each use :)
It is really soft, like all other Ecotools brushes. The handle is perfect on hand, it can stand on its own too, so it's great for storing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by coffeeprincess709

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

SO EFING SOFT AND AMAZING. Ecotools has yet to disappoint me, they also came out with a new pencil brush and a retractable round foundation brush, which are both amazingggg. if you do not own ecotools, you are soooo missing out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

First off, let me start by saying I own MAC'S 187 Stippling Brush. At $40+ it was definitely an investment. The stippling effect gives a nice airbrushed glow to my skin. However, MAC's 187 shed like crazy. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I paid a good chunk of money for it. And it's super annoying to have to pick out small hairs from your already done makeup. I ran across Ecotools version of the 187 at Walgreens for a little over $7. It is listed as a Kabuki brush, but I beg to differ. This works just as good, if not better than MAC's $40 brush. No shedding. Easier to wash. Ergonomic handle. And the price! This brush is awesome. I would 100% recommend getting this brush before looking at any of MAC, Sephora, Ulta etc.'s stippling brushes. Biggest pro is that Ecotools is cruelty free and environmentally friendly. You can't beat that!

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ecotool's Finishing Kabuki is not what I think of when I think "kabuki," but it's still a great finishing brush. I tend to think of kabukis as dense and rounded, and perhaps that's my mistake. This one is really a skunk brush that's quite a bit bigger than MAC 187 and other popular skunk brushes. It's really good for a loose application of finishing powder, powder primer, very diffused light blush or bronzer applications, and highlighter. I had an Ecotools skunk that came with the Alicia Silverstone set, and I think this one is softer than the set's brush. It's got a stubby wood handle that is designed well to fit in the hand. I love it for powders and highlighters and would repurchase.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You're better off buying the analogous brush from the Real Techniques line. It's really a better product.