October 30, 2014 | 805 users online

Concealers - L.A. Girl - PRO Conceal HD Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by fishynumber2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gets cakey and creases.

I bought three in order to try to make sure I got one that matched. I did find one that matches pretty well (creamy beige fits me for my no-tan winter coloring). I think the darker colors I ordered would match me during summer but I don't know if I'll ever use them since I don't really like the product's performance.

I found that after application, blending with a beauty blender, then setting with translucent powder, the finish is just too cakey and it's quite noticeable I'm wearing concealer. I also especially won't use it on my undereyes now because it creases in the fine eyelid lines even though I'm careful not to have too much product in that area.

And I think it also irritates my skin! The area where I was applying it (around nose and mouth) seemed to be red and bumpy after two days of wearing this stuff. I can't be 100% sure it caused this though, since I stopped using it so soon.

I am going back to my Maybelline Cover Stick (mixed with a little Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation to make it creamier). That stuff is super full coverage, indestructible, has a smooth finish, and creasing is very minimal. I thought I'd try this L.A. Girl Pro concealer because of the great reviews and color range, but it left me disappointed.

Pros:
-Very inexpensive
-Large color range, especially for darker skin tones

Cons:
-Creases
-Cakey looking
-May irritate/break out skin
-Brush applicator is unhygienic and unnecessary (why not just a squeeze tube?)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was shocked to find a concealer that matches my skin tone and that covers well. Im in the color beautiful bronze and it matches well. I use fawn for highlighing brow bone. Hg concealer. Iam so happy that la colors have done this. My hg lipliner is from la colors too. Thank you la colors. The price is cheap. I will not ever waste money on macconcealer again. This concealer does not fade it lasts long creaselss and matches. I just hate the applicator.:-) update :-) 3-16-14 I found out that this concealer creases too much. It was having me looking like a old lady. Such drying fromula. updAte Oct3rd 2014 I have found out a way to stop creasing if u have creases like me....thanks to gossmakeup artist on YouTube just prime your under eye area with eyeshadow primer...it works now I love my la pro girl concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can you say amazing for 1.99 (at IKateHouse) I bought 7! It glides on great it dried quickly so smooth in immediately after application BUT beware of flash photography no one to my knowledge has mentioned this but if u are not careful and u take a picture with flash everyone can see where u filled in your concealer. That's my only warning other than that it is AMAZING!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by chrissadonner

I really dont get half the reviewers on here stating that this is a dupe for MAC's Prolongwear, but to each his own I guess. The shade selection is a big plus on this concealer, with about 18 shades available. I've seen some reviewers with paler skin tones state that these concealers are not very accommodating to lighter skin, which may be a downside. A definite upside is the price which ranges from $1.99 to $2.99 depending on where you buy it. This concealer is very lightweight and creamy, blends nicely and sets to a semi-matte finish. The coverage is decent and it is definitely a buildable product. No detectable scent and the packaging is nice which includes a squeeze tube and a brush tip applicator (some may find this unhygenic) The staying power of the actual product is about 3-4 hours when set with a powder. Overall a good concealer, however not bought on the lasting power, but will be used on days where I dont require heavy coverage/a longer lasting formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sherry628

I just got my order in from CherrylCulture.com (which I only ordered a week ago!) and was so excited to try out these concealers based on the reviewes on MUA. And I have to agree...these are great concealers. I am between NC30-NC35 and use the Pure Beige (probably could go a shade lighter) for under the eyes and then a mixture of Medium Beige and Warm Sand or Almond to get my perfect shade to cover my old acne blemishes. The price was ridiciously cheap on the site and with their additional 20% off (December 2013), you'd be crazy not to pick a few up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by muchi090

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing concealer great price. It's looks natural and it is easy to blend not heavy . I usto use Mac studio finish nc42 and I looked dead in person but amazing in photos. This bothered me so I looked for something better. Thank God I did . This concealer is only 1.99 on ikatehouse.com so I decided to buy all . For my face color I am the color fawn for my highlight I am warm honey for everyday and cool tan for more drastic . Warm honey and cool tan are dupes for Mac nc42. For my contour I use dark coCoa . I can't stop raving on how natural these concealers look on my face in photos and in real person! Please try them you won't regret it . Now I want to play with the concealers and see what I can get I will b mixing creamy beige with fawn or warm honey to see my result !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Vonnity

The coverage is wonderful and I love that it doesn't cake but the shade selection is just too limited, leaning towards the darker skin tones. I bought the one in Pure Beige because it was the lightest shade I could find with a yellow undertone. I've only seen 2 shades available in Singapore so far in BHG and Sasa.

Unfortunately, it's still too dark. Everything else about this product is great though, especially for the affordable price! Not too sure if I broke out from this being too thick because I used it when I was on holiday, also a few weeks prior to trip before I decided to put it away and accept the fact that it's too dark for me. xD I would DEFINITELY buy this if they had shades for lighter skin tones.

*UPDATE*
I found someone who was selling the shade, Natural, and immediately snatched it up. It is either the 2nd or 3rd lightest shade in the entire line. Has a pink undertone which isn't the best match for me but it is more suitable than Pure Beige. I use it mostly under my eyes, then go over with foundation/another concealer closer to my shade but with less coverage. Works really well. Still wish they'd make lighter shades. Maybe creamy beige will be a better match. #stillhopeful

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by soundsofepip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This HD concealer is a dupe for MAC Pro Long wear. I use this to spot correct blemishes and dark spots on which it does a wonderful job. I bought the Warm Honey and I have the next color range. The price points are unbelievable, this concealer gives great coverage for the face and blends well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by austere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These concealers are incredible especially at such a low price point.They are terrific value for money, thick enough to do the job and last all day on the skin. I've not experienced any irritation either.

As I could only purchase these online, the only issue I had was trying to figure out the correct shades to buy. After some trial and error, I now use 4 colours-Creamy Beige, Pure Beige, Cool Tan and Beautiful Bronze.

I am an NC42 and found that Cool tan is the closest match to my skin tone -I use it everyday for brows, undereyes and any pimples/blemishes. For a subtle highlight, I like Pure Beige. Creamy Beige is very light on it's own but I mix it with Pure Beige for more dramatic highlighting. I purchased Beautiful Bronze for contouring.

I've been using these for the past year and overall I'm very satisfied and have never felt the urge to use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As others have said, this really is a wonderful concealer! It's super-blendable and gives great coverage that lasts.

For Reference: NC50: Fawn and Beautiful Bronze have yellowish undertones.

However, Toffee and Toast have pronounced red undertones.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No