November 28, 2014 | 1895 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by siminims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When you get a good tube of Baby Lips, it's GREAT.

But when you get a bad tube, MAN is it bad.

My main problem with Baby Lips is the inconsistency. Pink Punch gives me a great, bright pop of color, and Cherry Me gives me a beautifully hydrated, glossy, red-pink finish. Cherry Me reminds me of cellophane candy wrappers actually: bright but transparent. Pink Punch is more opaque.
However, Peach Kiss was chalky and drying, though the smell was lovely, and though I loved the purple-red finish of Grape Vine, I weirdly had a mild allergic reaction to it. The more I used it, the drier my lips got, it was bizarre.

So to sum it up, 2/4 shades I tried were wonderful, 1/4 was underwhelming and 1/4 caused an allergic reaction. That's why I took off two lippies, for the staggering inconsistency. But I still vouch for Baby Lips because the good shades are both pretty and moisturizing, as a lip balm should be. c:

Also the packaging is straight up adorable. Small, bright and cute. It's incredibly easy to pop off the top and apply it one-handed in the car without getting distracted, and it's impossible to lose in my bag.

A note about the Dr. Rescue BL: I have one in Soothing Sorbet, and it's alright. Makes me smell like a Halls throat lozenge but the color is pretty. It doesn't have the same slip as the original BL in my opinion--takes a bit of work to get on smoothly and it can ball up in places.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by SlightlyKristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good lip product if you want a hint of color without completely drying out your lips.

Pros:

-Good color payoff
-Good price
-Awesome smell (except for the Dr. Rescue line.)
-Cute packaging
-Moisturizing

Cons:

-Have to keep re-applying throughout the day to keep the color.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Cute packaging and very nice colour pay off. Great for everyday, and easy to use. I like the tint it leaves, but these are definitely not moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Itsjustkristy

I like the scents, packaging and colours but i don't find these moisturising IMO, it's a lip balm so it's meant to moisturise my lips right? Well for 2.99 i was kinda disappointed tbh because i've use much more moisturising lip balms that were much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by canarydiamond14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have many colors/flavors of Baby Lips lip balm, and they're almost like Lip Smackers for grown-ups. Inexpensive, fun, smell good, and have a sheer wash of color.

My newest addition is a sparkly Baby Lips Crystal, and I really like it. It's not crazy glitter so it's definitely adult-appropriate, but it's fun.

I give it 4 stars because it's not exactly a save-your-lips-in-the-middle-of-winter type product, but it's not really meant to be, I don't think. It's moisturizing enough.. and the packaging is cute.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Hollylolly123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

They are very cute an smell nice, I have the the pink one with yellow writing which is tropical punch! I absoloutly LOVE the smell! But as others have said already, as it wears off it does make your lips even drier than they were before which is a problem!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I have three of these balms, and I have to admit that I love them, especially the clear one. I'm not a lipstick girl, because I personally feel since I'm 24 that I haven't reached an age which is appropriate to wear lipstick. :) that's just my personal preference, silly as it may sound to some. So I love this balm, the effectiveness of it, low price for good quality, and a sheer pop of color that looks youthful and fun. It's easily attained at any drugstore, so for a small town girl like me, no special trips to the city for a makeup counter or Sephora/Ulta. I don't feel right splurging on lip products, since many cheap products aren't of cheap quality, and do the job of a prestige brand. I like to keep my big expenses for foundation, bronzer, powder etc. since I don't like to put anything but high-end on the skin on my face. But back to the balm, it's available in an array of sheer colors, doesn't make promises it doesn't/cannot keep, and drenches lips with moisture while adding a sheer wash of pretty color if desired. I like the consistency: buttery smooth, the lemony scent, how it is hydrating without being oily or sticky- major flaw with many glosses, to me personally anyway. Of course it doesn't last all day, but how easy is it to grab it out of your bag and reapply quickly without a mirror? Ten seconds max? That's just not a deal breaker to me... I have repurchased and will continue to do so. It delivers on its promise.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I found this for a discount at a drugstore and decided to try it on a whim due to the good reviews. Final verdict - meh, I could've lived without it.

I got the pink shade and I'm on the fence about the color. It's a very cool, light pink that looks odd on my warm, NC25 skin, but at least it's sheer and I can (sort of) pull it off. The color is self-evening so at least it's low maintenance and I can slap it on and run out the door. It smells like strawberries and does feel like a real balm, but just like a real balm, it wears off in an hour or two so you have to reapply often.

Aside from the pop in color (which I admit is cute), this functions just like a normal stick of Chapstick. If you're expecting miracles, you won't get it. At least it was only a few $, so it's very cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I swear by the book "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" and while looking in it I found something interesting about this product. Maybelline says that this product has SPF 20, but it lacks the UVA protection AND it has several fragrance ingredients that will just make chapped lips worse. I had bought some and the pink one I had melted in the summer! I also tried the sparkly ones and they deliver absolutely no color. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am still not sure about these. They are very drying, and do very little in the long run. They work more as lipsticks than lip balms. I love the color payoff though, and the packaging is cute. But as lip balms they aren't good, I've had better. I only use this to get color.