April 19, 2014 | 1525 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- heats up very quickly
- lock in temperature
- long-lasting curls
- creates loose to very tight curls

CONS

- glove does not protect from heat

COMMENTS

LOVE this. I received this as a birthday gift and I was very surprised how well this worked when considering how affordable it is. My hair curls easily - I have thin, naturally wavy hair that is quite long. However, curls typically go flat in less than an hour unless I use a ton of hairspray. My curls last all day without the use of any hairspray. I like how I can create different types of curls - from loose to very tight. I also love how fast this heats up - literally in a matter of seconds.

Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As far as I can see this curling iron is excellent! I bought the Sultra bombshell curling iron which is fantastic but is so much more expensive than this one. I will update soon after I have tested it for a while but I really like the wand because it's lighter and therefore easier to handle. The main difference is that it doesn't get as freakingly hot as the Sultra one and the curls are a little bit smaller, especially at the tips. If you wanted to buy the Sultra get this one first and see how it works for you!
Update: unfortunately, this made my hair ends pretty frizzy after using this wand several times. My number 1 for curling is still my trustworthy GHD which I bought several years ago, followed by the sultra curling iron. Buy this curling iron if you don't want to invest to much money and if you only use it for special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Shylilsweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally thick wavy hair that is color damaged. I don't find it hard to curl my hair, but to keep curls in my hair seem to be the difficult part. This produced curls very easily and I did my whole head under 25 minutes and my hair is lower back length. The curls lasted all day and they were quite pretty so I am pleased, especially for the price. I would suggest the use of a good curling serum or mousse to aid in the curls to last.

Pretty satisfied. Rated it a 4 only because the cord is too short and they only provide right handed gloves.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulbride6807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this! I have thick wavy hair that tends to frizz. There is a learning curve, but it does a great job at curling hair. I just got it about two weeks ago, so it takes me a little while to get my hair done. I think on average it takes me about twenty minutes to do my hair. I got the 1- 1 1/2 inch curling wand. It gives me pretty curls or waves depending on how thick of a piece I curl. I think this is a great hair tool.
Also: I used the glove that comes with it a couple of times, and it took me longer to curl my hair and it was a little frizzy. So, lately I've been using the wand without it. I have to be extremely careful, but it does make it less awkward to part my hair and curl it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by beckabeck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

got this after my sister had similar one, it gives my very straight hair great body and curl, looks like i had a spiral perm even next day. i have never had curl like this with any other curling iron. because my hair is so straight i cant just pick a few places to curl though, if i don't have alot of time to curl whole head then i put hot rollers on bottom portion of my hair and then just curl top layer with iron

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by jennaalatalo

I read so many great reviews on this product and expected to love it as well, but I didn't!

I have medium-long, fine hair. I used this iron even on the lowest setting for short amounts of time and my hair came out frizzy and gross, not to mention the hair kept sliding down the barrel. I had much better results with my normal clamp curling iron.

Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Mintyxfresh

i'm going to make this review short and sweet. i have curly hair and this has changed my life. I curl the front to frame my face and it gives a very taylor swift-like effect. i don't need any hairspray because it holds the curl very well. also heats up super fast.

this is without a doubt the BEST thing i've ever purchased for my hair. i haven't had a bad hair day since! DEFINITELY recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

holy smackkk... a curling wand that actually produces curls that HOLD! yeah, i've been on the hunt looking for a curling wand. i wuz soooo close to getting the sultra bombshell then i saw reviews on this product on MUA. so i gave it a try...

PROS:
-actually produces curls that HOLD
-its a steal for the price
-heats up super fast
-fast and easy to do curls w/o the annoying clamp
-comes with a FIVE finger glove, not THREE -.-
-swivel cord

CONS:
-wish the barrel was not a cone tip
-wish i found the 1" to 1 1/2" instead but couldn't find it anywhere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

This works very well and is easy to use. My hair is long, thick and prone to dryness. This holds a curl well and it very quick to use. No complaints!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i preferr wands to curling irons because they hold curls waves ect. way longer than a regular curling iron. my friend has the longest straightest lifelessesss hair youve ever seen(if thats a word -__-) lol anyways we curl her hair all over her head and spray lightly with hair spray. she has the most beautiful tight curls and they last for 3 to 4 days if she doesnt wash them. simply amazing love this wand