Too Faced Romantic Eye

4.1

on 6/14/2011 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I LOVE this too faced eye shadow product! Looking at the palette it seems like the colors might be too vibrant to be worn everyday but they are surprisingly light and blendable. I wear the natural colors at the top of the palette almost everyday but I am in love with the moss green shadow. These are beautiful shadows that I would purchase again and again...as long as another too faced palette doesn't come out for me to try.

on 6/9/2011 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly, if you love eye shadows, just BUY THIS!!!! Initially, my eye was drawn to the colour Honeymoon, a gilded green shade, which is exclusive to this palette. So if I wanted this shade, I had to buy the whole palette...I'm sure many of you have experienced this. But this was a great purchase! It is probably one of the prettiest collections of eye shadow colours in a single palette that I've ever come across. It is just plain PRETTY.

This is my third Too Faced palette. I was very pleased with my first two palettes(Natural and Enchanted Glamourland) but was hesitant to buy this since I had pretty close dupes for most of the colours in it except for Honeymoon, which is unique. So, I caved and bought it and I couldn't be happier. Not only is Honeymoon everything I hoped it would be (gorgeous, glowy and pigmented) but the other colours are totally amazing and just different enough from similar shades I have to make them fun to use and experiment with. My two other favourites are "I Do", a cool neutral taupe shade along the lines of Mac's Omega, and First Dance, described as "midnight orchid"; it's a deep, rich, matte purple and unlike anything else I have. The 3 large, light shades are all gorgeous and the whole package is just totally lovely and a "must have" in my opinion, because it is SO pretty and yet so wearable and versatile.
My only complaint is the ridiculously higher price for this product in Canada and the fact that, for the price, the 6 smaller shadows seem pretty small indeed - there should be more product for the price, if you ask me. I am pleased that the box is less bulky than that on earlier palettes, but TF could take a lesson from TheBalm's Balmbini palette or even from UD's Naked palette (a lot more product in a much sleeker package).

on 5/7/2011 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm a sucker for a girly, pink, flowery, package that has an eyeshadow look I'd kill for. Well, kill may be a slight exaggeration, but you get my drift. I love, love, love this palette. From the adorable packaging to the delicate lettering, the buttery shadow and the marvelous wedding themed names. Too Faced always gets me, even buying it makes me feel like a girl.

I'm still infatuated with the 3 cards that provide you instructions on achieving one of three looks, classic, fashion or day. With color names like, Kiss the Bride, Un-Veil, Honeymoon, Cut the Cake, who can resist. Any woman with a romantic bone in her body will jump on this like a kid in a candy store. It makes me smile just to look at it. I even saw were one girl used the light pink for blush, amazing. Just makes me want to plan a wedding, no not really. Makes me want to kiss my husband, yes really.

Now on to the nuts and bolts. The quality is amazing, think Urban Decay Naked Palette, buttery, velvet, smooth, super blend-able, I'm running out of adjectives..... The color pay-off is stunning, from a light shimmery yellow to deep dark soulful purple, they make me want to practice until I can acheive the look on the front of the box. The palette has a nice mix of neutral colors: Soulmates (shimmering nectar), I Do (smoky taupe), Unveil (smoldering coal), Kiss the Bride (pink petal), Cut the Cake (heathered mist), First Dance (midnight orchid), Bouquet Toss (babys breath), Honeymoon (gilded fern), Ever After (spicy chocolate). For an ultra-feminine look and feel, Too Faced rocks !!!

I love all the colors in this palette and it is a great deal for $35. All of the colors are very silky, easy to blend, and soft enough to be worn every day. I have blue eyes and the colors look great with them, but I can see them working well with any eye color. I do, in fact, feel very "romantic" when wearing these colors. Definitely would recommend.

on 4/16/2011 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a very cute palette. I really like the green/gold color. I always get great comments on my eyes when I wear the shadows from this palette. I saw that some said its hard to blend the dark colors, I must say I do not agree with this. I havent had any issues with the colors or blending ability. This palette would look really good on brown and green eyes. If you havent figured it out yet, there are three main eye palettes by Too Faced each with a different color eye on the front, just means that that particular palette is designed for that color eye. That's is why in my opinion the naked one by Too Faced doesnt look good on me but looks awesome on others. Its for blue eyes and light skin, and its just too light for my skin and my eyes. Sorry for getting off topic.

on 4/12/2011 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I got this palette without testing it out first. The light colors show up washed out against my dark skin even with primer and a white base. The darker colors are the only one that do my skin any justice. I would not repurchase.

on 4/12/2011 7:30:00 AM

This is my favorite of the new palettes like this. I like the color variety (buttery cream color, greys, bronze, purple, pinks)....a little bit of everything. And I think it is a GREAT change of pace from the infamous UD Naked Palette as this is so soft, springy, girly. It provides warm and cool colors and is kind of the best of both worlds.

on 3/26/2011 5:54:00 PM

This palette is ok. I wanted to love it, I did, but I just don't. The packaging is very cute but it's not exactly sturdy. The colors are pretty but a few of them are too light to do much with and I find the darker colors are really difficult to blend. I just don't think the colors in this palette are flattering for me.

on 3/8/2011 5:02:00 PM

What a great lil palette. My fave color is the greenish/mossy color, don't have it handy at the moment but if you have or want this palette, you know which one I am referring to....so pretty, so girly, and so many looks...just pure L-O-V-E.

Update: the name of my fave color is honeymoon. It's in the bottom three colors labled "Fashion".

on 3/8/2011 3:54:00 PM

The shades in this palette are well pigmented and creamy. All show up well and blend easily. The middle purple shade is beautiful, and the deep purple shows up nicely as well.
Unexpectedly, the fashion look (green and brown) looks very nice when you do it the way the card suggests.
Soulmates does seem quite fragile but it's a beautiful highlight shade and I haven't had it crumble yet. The texture of that shade in particular is beautiful and buttery.
I have not noticed fall out with this palette as much as with Too Faced's Naked eye kit. The fall out in that kit is horrendous, and most of the colours are very poorly pigmented and chalky. Happily, the Romantic eye kit is much, much better.

Popular Palettes