April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Romantic Eye

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by kelleegross

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this palette without testing it out first. The light colors show up washed out against my dark skin even with primer and a white base. The darker colors are the only one that do my skin any justice. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This is my favorite of the new palettes like this. I like the color variety (buttery cream color, greys, bronze, purple, pinks)....a little bit of everything. And I think it is a GREAT change of pace from the infamous UD Naked Palette as this is so soft, springy, girly. It provides warm and cool colors and is kind of the best of both worlds.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

This palette is ok. I wanted to love it, I did, but I just don't. The packaging is very cute but it's not exactly sturdy. The colors are pretty but a few of them are too light to do much with and I find the darker colors are really difficult to blend. I just don't think the colors in this palette are flattering for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Jan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a great lil palette. My fave color is the greenish/mossy color, don't have it handy at the moment but if you have or want this palette, you know which one I am referring to....so pretty, so girly, and so many looks...just pure L-O-V-E.

Update: the name of my fave color is honeymoon. It's in the bottom three colors labled "Fashion".

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The shades in this palette are well pigmented and creamy. All show up well and blend easily. The middle purple shade is beautiful, and the deep purple shows up nicely as well.
Unexpectedly, the fashion look (green and brown) looks very nice when you do it the way the card suggests.
Soulmates does seem quite fragile but it's a beautiful highlight shade and I haven't had it crumble yet. The texture of that shade in particular is beautiful and buttery.
I have not noticed fall out with this palette as much as with Too Faced's Naked eye kit. The fall out in that kit is horrendous, and most of the colours are very poorly pigmented and chalky. Happily, the Romantic eye kit is much, much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by mazzjess

when i bought this palette it was on a iffy side if i should really get it. and when i first tired it out i was really dissapointed. but me being a person who LOVE LOVE LOVES 'Too Faced' products. i had to give it a try again, and i surprising love it. some of the colors are more pigmented and creamier than others tho. and i would have to say thats the bad thing about this palette. but other than that i love it. the colors are pretty and it was a great buy. i just wish it wasn't so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by pepeleru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this palette, I think its my fav of all the TF palettes. I like that they made it more sleek and dropped the crappy brush (would have been nice to see a slightly lower price to account for less packaging but anyway), my palette does not close properly, the cardboard piece where it grabs the magnet is too big. I adore all of the colours and their application over TFSI and find that there is not as much fallout as with some of their other colours. I've been able to create some gorgeous looks with this but won't be able to travel with it as I was told the shadows are super delicate in this one and they weren't kidding, Soulmates (top left) is warped, bubbled and crumbly but its a gorgeous shimmery nude. Very very poor packaging, not very good product quality but I love the colours so I would buy again. I have heard they have switched manufacturers which is the reason for the poor packaging and wonky shadows.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm surprised there aren't many more reviews on this! I absolutely adore this palette, and I have all of TF's newer palettes (Natural, Naked, Smoky and this) and love all of them. I'm into matte shades that are pigmented but don't look overdone, and this palette, along with the Natural and Naked palettes, delivers the cake! The colors are all very wearable. My favorite look with this is Kiss the Bride on my lid, Soulmates as a highlight, and I Do in the crease. This creates an absolutely perfect simple light pink eye, and I wear PF Happy Booster in Natural, along with some pink lip gloss and it's a perfect romantic, "every day is valentine's day" look. This palette creates very sweet, sexy eye looks in multiple forms, and it definitely deserves the name "Romantic" palette. Also, the colors stay all day (I use either TFSI or ELF eyelid primer underneath) and no creasing. Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lilhottiencali

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pallet! that is all i can say! I got this as Gratis and i am so happy i did... If you are not sure how to use this or think the colors wont work on you have a MA show you, You will love it as much as i do. Give it a try! I do like that they took out the worthless drawer. Much more sleek, Too faced has been stepping up their game lately and the new set at Ulta is super nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by barby81

Have to say when I saw this online at sephora I had to get it. I have the other three palettes well when I received it I was in love all the colors are beautiful . The shadows are super blendable and creamy .Plus the packaging is so pretty I'm a sucker for package