September 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Romantic Eye

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by kahillrn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a sucker for a girly, pink, flowery, package that has an eyeshadow look I'd kill for. Well, kill may be a slight exaggeration, but you get my drift. I love, love, love this palette. From the adorable packaging to the delicate lettering, the buttery shadow and the marvelous wedding themed names. Too Faced always gets me, even buying it makes me feel like a girl.

I'm still infatuated with the 3 cards that provide you instructions on achieving one of three looks, classic, fashion or day. With color names like, Kiss the Bride, Un-Veil, Honeymoon, Cut the Cake, who can resist. Any woman with a romantic bone in her body will jump on this like a kid in a candy store. It makes me smile just to look at it. I even saw were one girl used the light pink for blush, amazing. Just makes me want to plan a wedding, no not really. Makes me want to kiss my husband, yes really.

Now on to the nuts and bolts. The quality is amazing, think Urban Decay Naked Palette, buttery, velvet, smooth, super blend-able, I'm running out of adjectives..... The color pay-off is stunning, from a light shimmery yellow to deep dark soulful purple, they make me want to practice until I can acheive the look on the front of the box. The palette has a nice mix of neutral colors: Soulmates (shimmering nectar), I Do (smoky taupe), Unveil (smoldering coal), Kiss the Bride (pink petal), Cut the Cake (heathered mist), First Dance (midnight orchid), Bouquet Toss (babys breath), Honeymoon (gilded fern), Ever After (spicy chocolate). For an ultra-feminine look and feel, Too Faced rocks !!!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by DecayingUrbanite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love all the colors in this palette and it is a great deal for $35. All of the colors are very silky, easy to blend, and soft enough to be worn every day. I have blue eyes and the colors look great with them, but I can see them working well with any eye color. I do, in fact, feel very "romantic" when wearing these colors. Definitely would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Kaskine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very cute palette. I really like the green/gold color. I always get great comments on my eyes when I wear the shadows from this palette. I saw that some said its hard to blend the dark colors, I must say I do not agree with this. I havent had any issues with the colors or blending ability. This palette would look really good on brown and green eyes. If you havent figured it out yet, there are three main eye palettes by Too Faced each with a different color eye on the front, just means that that particular palette is designed for that color eye. That's is why in my opinion the naked one by Too Faced doesnt look good on me but looks awesome on others. Its for blue eyes and light skin, and its just too light for my skin and my eyes. Sorry for getting off topic.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by kelleegross

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this palette without testing it out first. The light colors show up washed out against my dark skin even with primer and a white base. The darker colors are the only one that do my skin any justice. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This is my favorite of the new palettes like this. I like the color variety (buttery cream color, greys, bronze, purple, pinks)....a little bit of everything. And I think it is a GREAT change of pace from the infamous UD Naked Palette as this is so soft, springy, girly. It provides warm and cool colors and is kind of the best of both worlds.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

This palette is ok. I wanted to love it, I did, but I just don't. The packaging is very cute but it's not exactly sturdy. The colors are pretty but a few of them are too light to do much with and I find the darker colors are really difficult to blend. I just don't think the colors in this palette are flattering for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Jan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a great lil palette. My fave color is the greenish/mossy color, don't have it handy at the moment but if you have or want this palette, you know which one I am referring to....so pretty, so girly, and so many looks...just pure L-O-V-E.

Update: the name of my fave color is honeymoon. It's in the bottom three colors labled "Fashion".

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The shades in this palette are well pigmented and creamy. All show up well and blend easily. The middle purple shade is beautiful, and the deep purple shows up nicely as well.
Unexpectedly, the fashion look (green and brown) looks very nice when you do it the way the card suggests.
Soulmates does seem quite fragile but it's a beautiful highlight shade and I haven't had it crumble yet. The texture of that shade in particular is beautiful and buttery.
I have not noticed fall out with this palette as much as with Too Faced's Naked eye kit. The fall out in that kit is horrendous, and most of the colours are very poorly pigmented and chalky. Happily, the Romantic eye kit is much, much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by mazzjess

when i bought this palette it was on a iffy side if i should really get it. and when i first tired it out i was really dissapointed. but me being a person who LOVE LOVE LOVES 'Too Faced' products. i had to give it a try again, and i surprising love it. some of the colors are more pigmented and creamier than others tho. and i would have to say thats the bad thing about this palette. but other than that i love it. the colors are pretty and it was a great buy. i just wish it wasn't so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by pepeleru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this palette, I think its my fav of all the TF palettes. I like that they made it more sleek and dropped the crappy brush (would have been nice to see a slightly lower price to account for less packaging but anyway), my palette does not close properly, the cardboard piece where it grabs the magnet is too big. I adore all of the colours and their application over TFSI and find that there is not as much fallout as with some of their other colours. I've been able to create some gorgeous looks with this but won't be able to travel with it as I was told the shadows are super delicate in this one and they weren't kidding, Soulmates (top left) is warped, bubbled and crumbly but its a gorgeous shimmery nude. Very very poor packaging, not very good product quality but I love the colours so I would buy again. I have heard they have switched manufacturers which is the reason for the poor packaging and wonky shadows.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No