September 23, 2014 | 894 users online

Treatments - Revlon - Crazy Shine nail buffer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by xInwex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was VERY impressed with this product. I am a nail polish junkie and am always looking for fun nail tools. I've tried a million buffer/filing products and have always been dissapointed. This actually works and the shine stays for days.

The best part is that it's only a two step proccess. Most buffers are about four.My nails feel healthier and seem to break less often.

The only negative this I would have to say is that the buffer wears down pretty fast and becomes less effective/longer to create shine. But it's pretty cheap so it's not too big of a deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this Crazy Shine something...crazy. It has a nice coarse buffer on one side (so perfect, so many buffers skimp and don't really remove ridges) and a great shining buffer on the reverse. I love the tapered shape, it's easy to hold and use and carry with you. Most importantly, the buffing surface didn't peel off the foam like the Bath & Body Works buffer I bought this one to replace. For only about two dollars, everyone should pick up one of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Present

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This works much better than other 4 sided polishers. It gives a very glassy shine unale to be delivered by the traditional buffers. The shape works well for me with the curved end able to reach around base of cuticles. Using this also seems to reduce the amount of nail abraded away with the other types. The white side revives the shine without any nail dust being worn off. A boon for those with thin nails and needing all the strength they can keep!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by NewMagneticWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This thing is brilliant. I picked my first one up at Walgreens a couple of months ago, and I just can't get enough of it. I'm on my third now. I hate wearing nail polish, so it's not an issue of "is it shinier than a topcoat?" for me. I'm just really thrilled that I can get away with having shiny pretty nails without applying anything artificial and toxic to my hands or feet. I use this on both my fingers and my toes (which is initially what I bought it for - sandal season) and it works great on both, although it can be difficult to maneuver around tiny toenails. My only real complaint with this buffer is its longevity. With heavy use - full buff/shine on both fingers and toes at least once a week, touchups every three to four days - this thing quickly becomes less effective. A few weeks to maybe a month is probably the longest you can keep using it, at least on the white, shining side. Any more than that and the whole process becomes far too slow and fussy, especially for a beauty tomboy like me. Anyway, it's a small complaint considering how much I love this thing. I see no reason to ever discontinue use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by earlyautumnbreeze

It works wonderfully - it doesnt make your nails crazy shiny though (i.e. like you have a clear coat on), but it's shiny enough.

It is however, awkward to use. I find myself basically only using the edges of the thing because it's hard to buff your nails on the flat center, so once the edges wear out, I'll have to buy a new one, even tho the center of it would be pretty much untouched. I really wish it would have a bulged shape, or something, but oh well.
You don't get too many uses out of it before it starts being less effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by candybum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

AWESOME! This was so easy to use, and yes the shine really does last 3 days! I was looking for a way to "green" my beauty routine, and getting rid of toxic nail polish will be a good start. I'll always repurchase this product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I love this thing and use it weekly. I've had the same one for about 2 months and its still intact and working great, and have 2 more waiting in the wings. I'm really hard on my hands, keep my nails relative short, and rarely put polish on them 'cuz it always chips and looks tacky within 1-2 days no matter what polish I use. I've always had them buffed to a shine. Some salons do this great and the shine lasts for up to 10 days, and some don't do it well at all and the shine is gone after the first hand washing. These little gems make my nails look like glass and they stay shiney for 5-7 days depending on what I have my hands in this week. It only takes about 10 minutes to make all 10 fingers shine. Such a great find.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by kristin909

I bought this product based on all the good reviews. Unfortunately, I hate it. I don't know how it received so many good reviews. It doesn't work well at all. It is awkward to use and doesn't make my nails noticeably shinier at all. Waste of money. The nail buffers I buy at the dollar store are much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by hapamanda

I just got one of these out of my People magazine as a free sample and I seriously would not have bought this had I not tried it first. It totally works!! I was really surprised. I did it really quick and I have a great shine. I just want to see now if it really lasts a few days like it says before I buy one. Pretty cool!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by cellorox

I love how it doesnt have 4 steps because i'm such a rusher. i love the raindrop shape. it left my ridges smooth and non-visible and it took a fraction of the time my other buffers did. I love the crazy shine part it gave me unbelievable shine it was AMAZINGG!!! love this product.