October 25, 2014 | 934 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by JeffysMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What is with gluing the compact into the box? Nail-break city. I bought this because it was just too cute, but feared it might be a mistake because I have Rosacea and migraine headaches that are often triggered by smell. I thought the "pop of pink" would be too much - as is my face flushes so red that you would think "baboon butt" if you saw it. I was wrong - and am very pleased to say so. I use a big fluffy kabuki brush which blends the colors better than the one they give you. It sets and covers the yellow color corrector (a DHC product that has been discontinued) I use as well, without looking completely matte or mask-like. It gives me a nice glow. And it also works for me without the yellow corrector underneath to make my extremely rosy face much more normal looking without the powder caking up in every line. I even like the little pink heart - it works well in the blend. I'm still using the Mary Kay blush that I bought in 1990 that I have to use when I do the whole corrector, foundation and loose powder thing, but you can still read the imprint on the blush, so that tells you how little I appreciate pink on the whole. And the scent? I love it. Strong enough to smell when I apply, not a migraine trigger for me, and fades fast enough not to be obnoxious around other odor-sensitive people. I'm calling it a winner.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by GlitterGirl1977

After finding this product on sale for 40% off, plus having a $5 off coupon, I paid $2.83 for this jem!!! Jealous much?!? Kidding - but not kidding about how much I love it! I would love it at full price! Just enough coverage to look like yourself - but better! I have fair skin with freckles - you can tell there is something there, but I don't look 'made-up'. Lovely scent and adorable packaging - it makes me smile just looking at all those cute little hearts :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by hissy

This is just the highlighter I've been looking for... at least that's how I like to use it. It's not as shimmery as other highlighters. I have a Chanel blush in Mocha which doesn't have any color payoff on my skin tone, but that I keep only because it adds the same kind of effortless subtle glow to my cheek. The fragrance is quite nice as well. Overall, I like it very much. For reference, I am NC30 with combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 5:20:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My least favorite of the three of the Happy Boosters I have (this, bronzer, and rose). I just feel this is a bit "light" to use as an all-over powder for my skin tone (NC30). I know it is supposed to look illuminating (right) but it kind of just translates as silvery white glitter on me. I can use this as a highlighter, though, so I'm okay with it. One complaint about the product: why is that little pink heart there? Besides to look cute.. it kind of messes it up. Does anyone want to apply pink ALL over their face? I purposely cover the heart up when I swipe a brush on it. Overall: decently pigmented, adorable packaging and smells great, but not a "must have" for my skin tone.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by xoxRoyalxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's very nice, but I only got it because it had a 6$ mail in rebate. It smells AMAZING. I can not emphasize enough on that, because it just cheers me up every time I smell it. Just wish it wasn't so glittery. The brush is horrible. I tried it, and it scratched me. Might try the light bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product, Smells good and creates a great powdery soft glow. I just love it. I think the mineral powder with the swirl offers better coverage, but this is enough for me usually. Have to be careful how you swirl your applicator because you could get too much pinky in the wrong place from that heart, but it is okay just need to be careful. Not enough of a flaw to not LOVE it.

One note, I hate the brush on these. It is okay for blush but no good for powder. I use a soft cushy applicator from the body shop. Fits perfect. A nice powder puff is awesome for these...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by colormelovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**POWDER IN TRANSLUCENT.**
I wanted to like this but sadly, I just can't. I wanted to get myself one after I saw a few reviews on youtube and the packaging really appealed to me so while I was picking up a few things from Rite Aid, I got this too. I had some really high expctations of this and at first glance, this looked like the perfect highlight with enough shimmers. I swatched it with a finger and it was a very light, pale pink which I didn't mind but the bad part was the fact that the shimmers weren't really shimmers. They were more like sparkles. I put a bit on my cheeks and in the sunlight, I spotted huge sparkles. It wasn't even glowy, it was just sparkley.
I swatched again a few moments before and my claim still sticks.
I also paid a whooping 14 dollars for this, which I find ridiculous for a drugstore makeup product.
I would NEVER buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by somnambular

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I put off buying this for a long time but I finally bought it, and I'm so glad that I did! I was a little wary because it looks like it'll be a glitterbomb on your face, but it's so subtle, even when used as an all-over face powder... really gorgeous. I usually matte myself into oblivion every day, so that's high praise coming from me. Definitely a good look for summer. The smell of this is amazing and while I doubt the claims of any inherent mood-boosting properties, looking at and smelling this product every morning does put a smile on my face. The packaging is really well-designed, but the brush is (as others have mentioned) too stiff for the product and will scrape and ruin the pretty design. The only downside to this powder is the price - I spent 14. I think it was worth every penny, but it seems really exorbitant for drugstore makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Pros:
-I do feel happy wearing this. I'm not sure if it's truly from the powder or if it's just a placebo-type effect.
-pearl glow to my skin. It gives this pearly glow yet it's matte. Very obvious that it's your skin that looks great and not oily looking!

Cons:
-Color. I'm a pale olive skinned woman. I don't expect everything to be perfect but Physicians formula tends to screw this up all the time. They tend to thing that all women are stuck in this medium-shade zone at the lightest. In other words this is about 1-2 shades off (I apply it with a light hand too so without that it'd probably be about 3-4 shades off minimum).
-Random pink heart thrown in. Seriously? Why is there a pink in there? They make a blush separate from this! All the pink heart does is make this look more pink on me.

I tried depotting this to see if the pink heart was the problem with the pink in this. It was not. The entire compact is pink and thus I ended up throwing this away.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by imaddicted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do like this product as a highlighter for my face. I add some on my cheekbones after my blush and it makes me look more awake, and "glowy". I said I wouldnt buy it again because with the little amount that I use, it will last a very long time.