July 29, 2014 | 1859 users online

Toners - Paula's Choice - RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely amazing and awesome product that I have repurchased as I consider it to be my HG toner and a staple in my skin care routine. This is a multipurpose and multitasking product as it removes traces of my leftover makeup, provides my skin with anti-aging ingredients, hydrates, and leaves my skin feeling so smooth and soft. My combination skin never feels irritated, dried out, or greasy. Also it's fragrance free and alcohol free.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by NickelEmily

This is a very soothing toner that provides light moisturization. I was surprised how much I liked it, given I have been such a devotee of the PC skin balancing toner. But this has found a place in my daily arsenal--and I now use the skin balancing at night and the refresh toner in the morning. If my skin feels particularly hot and/or bothered, I will also use this. Somehow it calms my skin quite well. The toner has a different texture. It's not as thin as watery toners but not thick enough to be a gel. It's somewhere in between and is a cloudy/millky color. As always, no colorants and no frangrances. This product would be good for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mistermark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

There was a time a few months ago when at the age of 34, despite my daily use of and re-application of sunscreen, the skin on my face just wasn't looking as "fresh" as it used to. I searched high and low for a new product to add to my antioxidant-based skincare regime hoping to improve the situation, but nothing seemed to be making much of a difference. Was it time for a visit to the dermatologist? Well, that's never really been my style so I opted out of that idea. I soon stumbled upon this toner and am glad to say that it has made a significant difference in the look of my skin. The ruddiness that I seem to get in the warmer Summer months has been minimized. There's less oil production on my T-zone. Above all, my skin seems a lot more calm. Sure, it's not a professional laser treatment or plastic surgery in a bottle, but for $18.00 you could do a lot worse. Really like this product and it's great as an aftershave for a man (before applying your sunscreen).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This feels soothing to my skin even when my eczema is flaring up. My skin is very dry in the winter but can get shiny in Summer. This doesn't make it feel oily or greasy at all, just smooth and soothed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always hated toners, and I broke out from a different PC toner so I wasn't sure about this one when I ordered it. I was so happy I did! This goes on silky smooth, and you don't need a lot of it for the entire face. I love it! The only bad thing about it is the price. It's worth it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I've seen this product on Paula's web site and was intrigued. The ingredients made it sound phenomenal. I wanted to see if you could buy a spray or pump for this, as I have a spray top for the skin balancing toner. I called and was informed that there was no alternate top for this product. While on the phone, we started talking about this product. The girl said it was thick and milky. I told her my skin typed combo, rosacea, acne prone, with sun damage and dark spots. She said I would be happier with skin recovery toner. I went against her judgment and ordered the resist toner anyway. She said she would send some of the other toner and that I had 60 days to use the resist and return if I did not like. Well, I am so glad I ordered this! It is amazing. I use this on my DHC silky cotton pads and apply after cleansing am and pm. It is not too thick and I am sure you could use a sprayer. It comes out nicely with the little hole so I am going to continue to use it just like it is. My skin has never been happier. I will update after a month and see just how this little gem holds up. If all goes well, this will be a HG!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Calling this product simply a "toner" is unfair. It has so many great ingredients for skin, much much better than most serums or other treatments out there. It is a milky white, thick liquid which feels very soothing and moisturizing without the feel of heavy. It is similar to Paula's Skin Recovery Toner, but much thicker, almost like a very thin cream-gel. I no longer need an emollient moisturizer to keep my skin happy, but also have not experienced any clogging. I have been using this toner twice daily, with the rest of the Resist line for almost a month now. Visible difference in my skin - the way it looks, the way it feels and the way it behaves. Highly, highly, highly recommended. Paula really, truly outdid herself with the new Resist line. Regarding the price, it costs $18.95 for 4 ounces. Definitely pricier than her other offerings. But I have no complaints, I feel that I got my money's worth! Will definitely repurchase.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

This is an amazing toner! It is a milky white formula! This sinks into my skin instantly and it feels so soothing and refreshing going on! I think I might have finally found a toner my skin actually likes!

UPDATE: Damn, not again. There is something in this which clogges my pores. it doesn't cause breakouts, but I get 'clogged pores' where I get small white bumps. They went away really quickly after i stopped using this. Bummer.......up for a swap.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Arosci

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could, I would rate this product 6 stars !

This toner has everything someone with sensitive/reactive skin could dream of : nice slip on skin to prevent friction/irritation, slightly thickened milky texture to allow cottonpad or fingers application (without the toner running through fingers), powerful soothing and instant redness vanishing.

So moisturizing that it's exactly what is needed when the RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer is not enough during colder months, and exactly what an oily skin needs as a sole moisturizer during hotter months.

The bottle is smaller than usual, but this toner contains so many antioxidants and cell-communicating ingredients that a larger bottle wouldn't be a good idea as these ingredients could loose their effectiveness as air gets inside the bottle.

It's not cheap, but considering how super-charged this formula is, it's really not expensive.

The bottle is nice, and would even more so if a pump was available to match the silver/grey caps signature of this line.

I couldn't live without it anymore :-)

EDIT : 05/18/2011 still using this ultra soothing toner with success. I've replaced the cap with a spray pump (I found one that matches the matte silver look of this line's caps) and it dispenses a fine mist without spurting out, it's easier to get the product (because of its thickness it didn't flow freely from the bottle) and to control the amount used each time ;-)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a really wonderful toner! it's not just that it removes traces of makeup, it's also an anti-oxidant treat and balancer for your face. after using this for a week, i've noticed that my sensitive skin isn't red anymore, and i'm producing far less oil. my skin is also much smoother, and softer. my makeup looks great after using this. all i added to my routine was THIS product, so i'm fairly sure the toner gets the credit. i use it twice a day, before my other products. i haven't been this impressed in a while. will definitely repurchase.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No