Physicians Formula Happy Booster™Glow & Mood Boosting Powder

4.2

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

on 4/3/2011 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have this in the Beige pressed powder version. Unlike the Translucent lighter shade, I don't use this as a highlighter. I use it as a finishing powder and most often, just by itself over my moisturizer and sunscreen as a powder foundation. It has enough coverage for me to perform as such, and I love it.

My skin leans towards combo dry and I don't like the look or feel of matte, flat powders on me anymore, all they do is look and feel, you guessed it, matte and flat and dull, and overly matte powders tend to settle into lines I didn't know I had. This does the exact opposite of all those :) I don't need oil control, so a little glow, even a bit of shimmer, is fine with me. It's not disco-ball glitter, but I can see on some who don't have dry or 'mature' skin, that it would be, especially if you hit that shimmery pink heart a lot where the major shimmer seems to be (see second product picture above for reference). I skip that one and use only as a cheekbones. For me, this little hot pink compact of cuteness brightens my face up wonderfully and gives me a velvety smooth, soft glow finish. I thought Beige might be too dark at first, at least until summer when I'm a bit more tan and/or start using more bronzer. However, the Translucent shade was really light and pink so I knew, and confirmed based on reviews here, that Beige was the way to go for what I wanted. This goes on perfectly with a kabuki brush and leaves my skin soft, smooth and glowing from within. It has a bit of shimmer in bright sunlight, but I tend not to wear it to the beach or whatever, lol , so not an issue and makes me look brighter and fresh at work under fluorescent lights even, amazing! I knocked it down a mark for the bulky packaging and lousy brush I won't use, but it's cute, doesn't cause breakouts and gives me the effect I wanted it for, although I seriously doubt it actually boosts my mood beyond "wow, I'm swirling my brush around in what looks like Valentine candy hearts, awwww!" so I will be repurchasing this and the blushes I already loved, and probably pick up a bronzer next in the line as well.

on 3/25/2011 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Scent- GREAT! Smells wonderful!
Price- Pretty good- Got for BOGO 50% at Rite-Aid, and it had a $3.00 off sticker, so it was a great deal
Packaging- I wish the package wasn't so bulky. I LOVE PF's powders just wish there wasn't so much. . plastic ;)

I wasn't sure whether to buy the "Translucent" or "Beige"- ended up with beige and love it! I'm using it as an overall face brightener- although the pretty pink heart is adorable, I don't like it, LOL- it's too pink and I've been swirling my brush around it other wise my face looks too pink!! Overall, love this, and would absolutely buy again!

on 3/4/2011 11:09:00 AM

Love this one and purchased the Translucent. I used as a highlighter on work days and an all over powder on weekends when I just want a "glow" without looking like an oil slick. It smells wonderful and I love the hearts. I've purchased my 2nd one since I've almost out of my first purchased. I also use the pinkest heart as a blush and top it with the lighter shades. It's very natural and quite lovely!

on 2/19/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in beige and I kind of regret not getting the blush or bronzer. This shade is just not that pigmented. It is a pretty highlighter color though, with a touch of pink.
The heart shapes are too cute to resist.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful powder. I use it for my mid day touch ups, I'm a working girl, and th smell is intoxicating! Love the hearts! Brushes that come with...ehhhh...but that is the deal with drug store products. To be expected! Will buy again! Not too shimmery, just right!

on 2/4/2011 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the Happy Booster Blush in Rose. What can I say, this product is right up my alley! I love makeup items that smell nice and this one smells kind of like Guerlain which is a big plus. Otherwise, I love this blush because of how natural it looks. I can make it lighter or deeper depending on day or night use. It looks very sheer with a light touch, just perfect for the day time outside look.
The little case is enough to make some people buy this product. It is adorable! It is a hot pink color and a nice weight so as to not drop it so easy. The little two toned pink brush is cute but I have not tried to use it. It is pretty typical in design as all the PF brushes are just a different color arrangement to match the heart design and color of the compact. Adorable is the only word that comes to mind when I try to describe this little jewel. I think it is worthy of a backup although I do think it will last a long time. I know how quickly PF discontinues their products and I would love to have one that has yet to be used, just because it is so dang pretty. ;-)
I am very glad I found one of these. It adds a bit more cuteness to my makeup wardrobe. ;-)

on 2/4/2011 10:17:00 AM

I love this, got the blush in rose. It didn't take much for me to overdo this one, so a light hand is necessary for me. The color looks like I came in from the cold, a nice natural blush. The brush that came with the product is extremely useless, but definitely will buy again.

on 2/2/2011 10:51:00 AM

I'm very happy I took a chance on this line. I wear this over my JI warm silk powder and dreamtint and it gives my skin a nice subtle glow without looking greasy or glittery. The blush natural is my favorite since it gives my fair skin a great fresh glow to my cheeks and the light bronzer is great as a contour without making me look burnt. Also these are great multipurpose products. I like the light shade from the foundation as a highlighter, the pink as a lid shade and one of the lighter browns from the bronzer as a crease or taupe lid. You don't have to just use them all together, you can pick and choose as well. The scent is very light and doesn't irritate my nose. It doesn't seem to linger much on my skin which is good. I can't say the product made me happier, but how my skin looks with it on just makes me smile! Perfect little spluge for Valentines day! Hopefully you can find them on sale in most drugstores. I hope PF keeps this line around and makes more colors, because this is one of the best DS finds I have made in years!

on 1/30/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got the beige in the pressed powder form. I really do like this. I seriously hate any glitter or shimmer on my face but this is a subtle that it looks like a dewy effect. I did need to blot the shine after few hours there is a fine line between shiny and dewy. I am continue to play with it, and update my review. The pink heart is very pigmented, i use it with an eyeshadow brush to use it in the inner corner of my eyes, to be honest the pink heart was not necessary to include, i could do without it. EDIT: I am in love with this product, at first I was not sure, but I use this over my foundation to create my infamous j. lo glow. I love that on her, so this product helps me create my glow!!

on 1/24/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So cute! Very pigmented! I want to go buy another one!!