April 18, 2014 | 916 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

This review is for the Happy Booster Blush in Rose. What can I say, this product is right up my alley! I love makeup items that smell nice and this one smells kind of like Guerlain which is a big plus. Otherwise, I love this blush because of how natural it looks. I can make it lighter or deeper depending on day or night use. It looks very sheer with a light touch, just perfect for the day time outside look.
The little case is enough to make some people buy this product. It is adorable! It is a hot pink color and a nice weight so as to not drop it so easy. The little two toned pink brush is cute but I have not tried to use it. It is pretty typical in design as all the PF brushes are just a different color arrangement to match the heart design and color of the compact. Adorable is the only word that comes to mind when I try to describe this little jewel. I think it is worthy of a backup although I do think it will last a long time. I know how quickly PF discontinues their products and I would love to have one that has yet to be used, just because it is so dang pretty. ;-)
I am very glad I found one of these. It adds a bit more cuteness to my makeup wardrobe. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this, got the blush in rose. It didn't take much for me to overdo this one, so a light hand is necessary for me. The color looks like I came in from the cold, a nice natural blush. The brush that came with the product is extremely useless, but definitely will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Philipmom02

I'm very happy I took a chance on this line. I wear this over my JI warm silk powder and dreamtint and it gives my skin a nice subtle glow without looking greasy or glittery. The blush natural is my favorite since it gives my fair skin a great fresh glow to my cheeks and the light bronzer is great as a contour without making me look burnt. Also these are great multipurpose products. I like the light shade from the foundation as a highlighter, the pink as a lid shade and one of the lighter browns from the bronzer as a crease or taupe lid. You don't have to just use them all together, you can pick and choose as well. The scent is very light and doesn't irritate my nose. It doesn't seem to linger much on my skin which is good. I can't say the product made me happier, but how my skin looks with it on just makes me smile! Perfect little spluge for Valentines day! Hopefully you can find them on sale in most drugstores. I hope PF keeps this line around and makes more colors, because this is one of the best DS finds I have made in years!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the beige in the pressed powder form. I really do like this. I seriously hate any glitter or shimmer on my face but this is a subtle that it looks like a dewy effect. I did need to blot the shine after few hours there is a fine line between shiny and dewy. I am continue to play with it, and update my review. The pink heart is very pigmented, i use it with an eyeshadow brush to use it in the inner corner of my eyes, to be honest the pink heart was not necessary to include, i could do without it. EDIT: I am in love with this product, at first I was not sure, but I use this over my foundation to create my infamous j. lo glow. I love that on her, so this product helps me create my glow!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by xoxomakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So cute! Very pigmented! I want to go buy another one!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by melindamac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very Pretty! I got this in Bronze to use as a setting and face powder(nc50/nw45) and it its beautiful. It makes me glow in a good way. So far I have just used it alone over concealer This combo gave me a perfect glowy skin. PF has really stepped up their game. I actually like this better than my MAC Dark MSF! It is a bit pricey for drugstore, So grab a coupon and wait fo a bogo. I was able to get 2 for $11 this way!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by innats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought happy booster in light bronze.
I love it !!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Oh, Physicians Formula. They're pretty gimmicky, but I never thought they'd come out with a powder that would replace Prozac. I think they make some ridiculous claims, but the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder and Blushes are really nice, if you can get past the heavy, potent floral aroma.

PF's description:
Ultra-smooth, perfecting powder in a complementary palette of color blends together to even out skin tone with a flawless radiance.
Vibrant pink heart gives cheeks a healthy pop of color.
Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.
My take:
I actually really like this. Physicians Formula has recently made some really nice powders with just the right amount of near-invisible, superfine shimmer. You really don't see powders like this in the drugstore. More subtle than Coty Airspun Luminous (which I do really like) and they blow HC Moon Glow and a lot of other drugstore highlighters out of the water. I even prefer them to WnW All-Over Shimmer.
I have the Translucent shade, which has a lovely finish--I swirl my kabuki brush all over and the resulting effect is a soft, candelit pinky-ivory glow. Totally luminous. Really subtle. On par with PF Mineral Glow Pearls but a tad bit pinker than Translucent Pearl, thanks to the pink heart. It doesn't look cakey or powdery. It's not going to give you a flawless finish if your canvas has some blemishes, but it's nice as a finishing powder. The powder itself is silky and smooth. Also, I love that it's sheer enough not to look fake or to change my extremely pale skin tone (I'm lighter than NW10; about NW5 or so.)
I also have the Natural blush shade. It's a soft, neutral-to-warm pink. It's pigmented and buildable. Like the powder, it has a subtle pearly sheen that is nearly invisible, but still adds dimension. It's lovely.
Unfortunately, I really hate that the formulation has so many plant extracts; I feel like that cannot possibly be hypoallergenic. I hate flowery scents in my powders and this one straight up tells you it's going to have a heavy scent. It's potent, but at least we're warned. The other thing I object to is the seriously bulky packaging. But the powder itself is so gorgeous, that as long as I don't have a reaction to this powder, I'll keep using it.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Kristaxh

I LOVE my happy booster! I use the translucent shade and the 'natural' blush. The translucent face powder is fantastic for a cheekbone highlighter and the blush is just enough to give me some color! Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by rays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this last week in Harmon drugs with a 3dollar off coupon from the company.It cost me 8 dollars.I bought the translucent.It looks very pretty with little hearts in different shades of bone beige and pink which is supposed to be a complimentary blend of colors to even out your skin tone. I swiped it on with my own mac brush not the little one which is included.I am very light skinned wih Green eyes. This made me look like a ghost . Very white and sickly color which isn't unfortunately the worst part. I usually buy physicians formula because I have sensitive skin this product smells just awful. It is NOT HYPOALLERGENIC like they claim. It smells like violets. Mood boosting claims what they really mean is allergy boosting. It's going right back. A worthless product.