August 23, 2014 | 1811 users online

Crème - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I bought this on sheer impulse after spending a lot of time online looking for what I thought was not invented. I needed a summer time foundation that 1. Doesn't contain talc 2. Doesn't contain bismuth 3. Good for the skin and won't cause breakouts 4. Good color match 5. Inexpensive 6. Oh yeah and some SPF in it too! I couldn't find anything worth buying online so I picked this up at the local pharmacy. I was content with the ingredients and found a decent color match, not perfect though. I purchased Soft Beige #50. 50 is a tad too light for my NW30 with a slight tan. I'm not too bothered by the shade because tone wise, it's perfect. 50 was the only medium shade that didn't lean too yellow. 50 is more neutral and peach. As for the texture, it's actually very nice and glides on the skin with no effort which makes this foundation a winner on busy days. Fusy application isn't needed here! You can use the enclosed sponge, kabuki, BB, fingers, foundation brush whatever, it goes on nice. The finish sets to a satin glowy look and a setting powder is needed for us girls that can become oily. My only problem with this is that it doesn't cover blemishes and under eye circles. The coverage is light and by layering this, it doesn't graduate to higher cover, it just gets thicker. The packaing is nice and sturdy however, it takes hercules strength to open the damnn thing! I'm rating this a 4 until further notice. I'm on the lookout for 1. staying power in that hot heat & 2. any signs of skin irritations.
UPDATE: Okay, this has ZERO staying power. It looks very nice at initial application but fades quickly even with a highend well known setting powder! I'm talking about this being a two hour foundation MAX. I can assume this is more geared for dry skin types. Also, it sinks into my already large pores making them look terrible. Lastly, I exerienced some breakouts and reddness from this. I switched back to my Stila and my skin got back to normal. Up for swap this goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by speace

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this product three days ago and absolutely love it!! It glides on my face just perfectly using the sponge applicator. Love the way it feels and looks on my skin. The big plus is that its a foundation which contains SPF of 55, and it looks so natural!! I will definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came across this product at Walgreen's yesterday. It was on sale for $10 and I liked the idea of Helioplex which my derm recommended highly. I've applied the product both ways, with my fingers and using the sponge that comes with it. I like its lightness, the fact that it covers quite well without feeling thick, it has only the slightest bit of shimmer to it which is great for my "mature" skin and best of all, the 30 (Buff) matches my skin tone exactly which is a very rare thing! Plus the price is incredible. I have a number of far more expensive foundations, but this is my new favorite. Yes, I'd buy it again, absolutely.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by MunsterGhoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the level of spf, i thought it would be great for my skin. But when i put it on i hated the texture. It has a weird nasty hard texture and doesnt blend very well. Its very thick and gets greasy. I would never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by amiz66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I only use mineral makeup, but went out on limb to buy this makeup, when I planned on being outdoors for long periods of time, not an everyday makeup. The makeup comes in a plexi-glass type compact, which I dropped and cracked, so I scooped out the makeup and put it in a small plastic cup with lid, like the kind you get for condiments to-go at food establishments. After 2 days, I went to put the makeup on and noticed that it had stuck to my vanity, I picked it up and noticed what was sticking was melting plastic! The makeup was eating and had ate 3 holes in the plastic cup! As I opened it, I noticed a clear liquid within the makeup, which was the melting plastic, and upon stirring it there were strings of melting plastic within the makeup. And to think, I was putting this stuff on my face!!! I would have never known this stuff eats through plastic if I had not dropped the compact to begin with! I can not believe a product that eats through plastic is being called healthy skin! I have contactedNeutrogena, and all they said was they would refund the $13! it's not about the $13, as a Licensed Esthetician, I am furious, that this company is selling a product for your face that has the ability to eat through plastic! I would never buy any product from them again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by 09DRESSUP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this compact, it does not break me out, after 2 days of using this, it made my skin smother and cleared up a few blemishes that were starting to pop up. I don't care for the package but great sunscreen protect-ant.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by BlytheCW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this because of the SPF, but I am finding it lacking in a few ways. It stays wet forever, and is not easy to blend. It also looks much darker in the package than it does on your face, so I should have gotten a deeper shade. It feels heavy when you put it on, but does feel lighter later in the day. I have been using it when I know I'll be out in the sun a lot, with a setting powder over it, but I don't think I'll get it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by friere017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I originally saw this at CVS and figured with how greatly it was packaged, it would be a good product (especially since it was a whole $14!). However, when I put it on, my skin looked the absolute same than before I put it on, except lighter and more streaky. Barely provided any coverage, even with insane amounts used. Makes skin feel smooth, but after a little while it feels a bit more greasy.. It looks a lot darker than it actually is. I bought it matching the exact color to my facial tones, but the actual color turned out being much, much lighter when applied. I will not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Sushi9107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Neutrogena Healthy skin Compact Make up Heliopex SPF 55 and I only tried it once but Im giving it another chance. First of all it smells like sunscreen, Im not really a fan of the smell but it all depends on the person. I used very little of it and still made a good coverage. Although I read other reviews that it disappears during the day and you would reapply it. But my boyfriend told me that my skin looks natural compare to how I usually put makeup, which before I would use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Liquid Foundation and with Matte Finish. And that takes for ever to apply and messing for me compare to Neutrogena which is a fast to apply which i like. Overall I would buy it again even though its a bit expensive but I have to bare with the smell and would reapply if it disappears and plus Neutrogena is good for your skin which is a plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by chessieleigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I am an SPF freak, although I never depend on my foundation for sole protection, and despite the SPF 55 factor, I wouldn't with this - you'd have to apply TONS of it. As other reviewers noted, it seemed to disappear. It did the same on me. My skin is freckly, sensitive, and dry, so I like creme foundations with a dewy finish and was pleased that this didn't leave a powdery finish, but it did seem to disappear. I'll carry it around in my bag in the summer for touchups and extra protection, but I would definitely still apply sunscreen underneath.