November 26, 2014 | 992 users online

Crème - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I've been using this for about a week & I think it's a pretty good product. You can tell it's meant for drier skins, but powder foundations didn't seem to have enough coverage for me & I wanted to try something new. When applying, it can look streaky but you can smooth it out. Surprisingly, it gave a lot of coverage, especially on my blemishes. Your face starts out looking dewy, but after a while, because I have oily skin & the weather is warm, it starts getting oily. I would recommend a light powder to set the oilier parts of your face. I got this at Target & it matches my skin pretty well, it feels extremely light and hasn't irritated my skin yet. I will be using this for a while :).
EDIT: Still loving this product! I have acne scars in addition to acne :/ & it covers it well. Only thing is that my skin looks paler than my body in pictures; maybe its the SPF?
EDIT2: I don't use Neutrogena foundations anymore. I find they make my skin too oily and they're actually pretty pink to me. Oh well, trials and errors.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Lisalisa29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this out since it has 55 spf in it.
It wasn't worth it! I broke out from it and it dried out my skin.
It felt heavy/greasy after a while on my face. I thought this would have been better. Don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by analoguerock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is terrible! It's extremely greasy, doesn't blend well, and after about an hour of wearing it, it flake off and makes my skin look like it's peeling. Yuck!

The one good thing about it is that it didn't make my skin break out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I bought this on sheer impulse after spending a lot of time online looking for what I thought was not invented. I needed a summer time foundation that 1. Doesn't contain talc 2. Doesn't contain bismuth 3. Good for the skin and won't cause breakouts 4. Good color match 5. Inexpensive 6. Oh yeah and some SPF in it too! I couldn't find anything worth buying online so I picked this up at the local pharmacy. I was content with the ingredients and found a decent color match, not perfect though. I purchased Soft Beige #50. 50 is a tad too light for my NW30 with a slight tan. I'm not too bothered by the shade because tone wise, it's perfect. 50 was the only medium shade that didn't lean too yellow. 50 is more neutral and peach. As for the texture, it's actually very nice and glides on the skin with no effort which makes this foundation a winner on busy days. Fusy application isn't needed here! You can use the enclosed sponge, kabuki, BB, fingers, foundation brush whatever, it goes on nice. The finish sets to a satin glowy look and a setting powder is needed for us girls that can become oily. My only problem with this is that it doesn't cover blemishes and under eye circles. The coverage is light and by layering this, it doesn't graduate to higher cover, it just gets thicker. The packaing is nice and sturdy however, it takes hercules strength to open the damnn thing! I'm rating this a 4 until further notice. I'm on the lookout for 1. staying power in that hot heat & 2. any signs of skin irritations.
UPDATE: Okay, this has ZERO staying power. It looks very nice at initial application but fades quickly even with a highend well known setting powder! I'm talking about this being a two hour foundation MAX. I can assume this is more geared for dry skin types. Also, it sinks into my already large pores making them look terrible. Lastly, I exerienced some breakouts and reddness from this. I switched back to my Stila and my skin got back to normal. Up for swap this goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by speace

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this product three days ago and absolutely love it!! It glides on my face just perfectly using the sponge applicator. Love the way it feels and looks on my skin. The big plus is that its a foundation which contains SPF of 55, and it looks so natural!! I will definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came across this product at Walgreen's yesterday. It was on sale for $10 and I liked the idea of Helioplex which my derm recommended highly. I've applied the product both ways, with my fingers and using the sponge that comes with it. I like its lightness, the fact that it covers quite well without feeling thick, it has only the slightest bit of shimmer to it which is great for my "mature" skin and best of all, the 30 (Buff) matches my skin tone exactly which is a very rare thing! Plus the price is incredible. I have a number of far more expensive foundations, but this is my new favorite. Yes, I'd buy it again, absolutely.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by MunsterGhoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the level of spf, i thought it would be great for my skin. But when i put it on i hated the texture. It has a weird nasty hard texture and doesnt blend very well. Its very thick and gets greasy. I would never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by amiz66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I only use mineral makeup, but went out on limb to buy this makeup, when I planned on being outdoors for long periods of time, not an everyday makeup. The makeup comes in a plexi-glass type compact, which I dropped and cracked, so I scooped out the makeup and put it in a small plastic cup with lid, like the kind you get for condiments to-go at food establishments. After 2 days, I went to put the makeup on and noticed that it had stuck to my vanity, I picked it up and noticed what was sticking was melting plastic! The makeup was eating and had ate 3 holes in the plastic cup! As I opened it, I noticed a clear liquid within the makeup, which was the melting plastic, and upon stirring it there were strings of melting plastic within the makeup. And to think, I was putting this stuff on my face!!! I would have never known this stuff eats through plastic if I had not dropped the compact to begin with! I can not believe a product that eats through plastic is being called healthy skin! I have contactedNeutrogena, and all they said was they would refund the $13! it's not about the $13, as a Licensed Esthetician, I am furious, that this company is selling a product for your face that has the ability to eat through plastic! I would never buy any product from them again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by 09DRESSUP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this compact, it does not break me out, after 2 days of using this, it made my skin smother and cleared up a few blemishes that were starting to pop up. I don't care for the package but great sunscreen protect-ant.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by BlytheCW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this because of the SPF, but I am finding it lacking in a few ways. It stays wet forever, and is not easy to blend. It also looks much darker in the package than it does on your face, so I should have gotten a deeper shade. It feels heavy when you put it on, but does feel lighter later in the day. I have been using it when I know I'll be out in the sun a lot, with a setting powder over it, but I don't think I'll get it again.