Revlon Peony Colorburst Lipgloss 008

on 4/30/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Peony is such a beautiful color, warm peachy pink with gold shimmers. It warms up my face and has the perfect texture, not too sticky or thin. The pigmentation is in between opaque and sheer. There is no offensive smell and the packaging is great too. I recommend this.

on 4/12/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This gloss is an odd one. Despite the Colorburst name, it's not pigmented. It's less shiny than other glosses I own, and the shimmers don't show up. It has a thin, somewhat streaky formula that reminds me of NYX Diamond Sparkle gloss--which I don't consider good quality--and wears off quickly. And the packaging feels surprisingly flimsy for Revlon; the wand jiggles while I'm applying the gloss.

And yet, I like it. It gives my lips a subtle, warm pink glow that lasts even after the shine has disappeared. Although it's not especially shiny, it still magnifies my lips and leaves them looking plump and healthy after the gloss wears off. Though I bought Peony because of its similarity to Orgasm blush, it gives me the effect I wanted MAC Nymphette to have (but that one just sat on top of my lips and clashed with my natural lip color).

on 4/11/2011 4:43:00 PM

This is a beautiful color, and I actually like it better than the NARS Orgasm gloss that was too pale for me. I also like the texture better, because it's not a "sticky" gloss. It's not quite as non-sticky as Cover Girl Wetslicks (my favorite gloss texture - it feels like Vaseline) but it's very close. Now I'm excited to try more colors.

on 4/10/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a lipstick girl. I hardly ever wear gloss but I bought this because the color was so pretty--exactly like NARS Orgasm. Despite my usual aversion to lip gloss, I really, really like this. Not only is the color gorgeous, the formula is nice. There is decent staying power but it isn't too sticky. The shimmer in it makes it feel slightly gritty but it isn't so bad that it is uncomfortable to wear. And as far as the shimmer goes, it looks much more sparkly in the tube than it does on my lips. I've worn this alone and over Revlon Colorburst Peach lipstick and I like it both ways (NC20, for reference). Classy packaging too. I am a fan.

on 4/3/2011 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yes. If you are looking for NARS Orgasm lip gloss on the cheap, this would be a good place to start. It's quite a nice gloss, and since my lips aren't naturally super pigmented, there's no problem for me with the color showing up. It's got an okay texture- not sticky, but not tacky enough to stay on for very long. Personally I find it to be VERY close to Orgasm, which I did have a while back, and I won't pay 24.00 for that particular lip gloss again. :) There's no reason not to give Peony a try if you're curious. I don't have anything bad to say- I think the only thing I don't like is the way it leaves gold shimmers on my mouth when it's all gone.

on 4/2/2011 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Ok lipgloss not my favourite though. The colour is very sheer, just barely pink with a lot of shimmer to it. It doesn't last that long and I do not like the applicator on this very much. It feels a little flimsy compared to other applicators including the one for the super lustrous gloss. The tube is nice looking I prefer the look of this tube (longer with a nicer cap) than the super lustrous tube. Don't think this one is nice enough to repurchase. If you liked the shade in the tube and want to try something similar check out Quo gloss in Pout, it's very similar and more pigmented.

on 3/6/2011 11:42:00 AM

I've been a huge fan of Revlon lip glosses recently, especially the color burst ones. I decided to pick this up because it had been compared to NARS' Orgasm. I love NARS and am always up to find a dupe for a product I've expressed interest in. The quality of the color burst lip glosses overall I find good. In my opinion I feel like this gloss isn't as great as the other color bursts I've had. The only reason why I find it to be lesser quality is the pigmentation. When swatched Peony is a sheer pink with gold shimmer/sparkle. It's not bad at all and I still like it very much, but compared to Crystal Lilac's[another color burst] opaque, in your face pigmentation I was a little disappointed. It still is good for a pretty pink lip. The applicator is unique and really helps you distribute the product on your lips. Its good, but not one of my favorites. I might purchase again, just if I needed a good pink gloss.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This particular color is a peachy pink with flecks of gold. It is a gorgeous color and I think most people can wear this peach/coral, but that's about the only thing i like about it.
On to the cons:
Its kind of hard to get the product out, I had to swirl like it's a half empty tube of gloss.
For something called colorburst and advertised as a gloss that delivers a pop of color, I still needed to apply a concealer on my pigmented lips to achieve that pop of color. Otherwise, it looks like I put on a sheer pink gloss. (The revlon super lustrous glosses are more pigmented)
The smell (as said by another reviewer) reminds me of cough syrup + something else (she said donuts).
Despite being somewhat sticky, the staying power of this gloss is not that impressive.

on 2/25/2011 11:25:00 PM

Pretty coral pink with slight gold flecks. Kinda reminds me of nars orgasm and ysl golden gloss in #19 but less vibrant. Worth the buy though!

on 2/14/2011 3:21:00 PM

Got this and Strawberry at BOGO50 sale at CVS. I've been tempted to try these since they came out but I hesitated because I didn't like the regular Super Lustrous l/g from Revlon that much.

I must say that the color Peony is very pretty, although on me it is exactly the shade of my lips...soooo....it looks like I have clear gloss on. But I use it to layer over my fave MLBB lipstick (NYX darling) and it's beautiful.

There's something very odd about the scent though. Reminds me of doughnuts & cough syrup but I can't put my finger on why. Do they all smell like this?!?

UPDATE: This gloss bleeds like crazy on my lips. Even when I try to put a small amount on, it feels like its travelling in all directions within minutes. Not good.

Recommended for Medium Skin