October 1, 2014 | 1858 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Bella Bamba [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by bs786229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I know many reviews say that it looks too glittery on their skin, but I didn't notice that on mine. I actually wear it with hoola, so maybe the hoola kinda helps with that, but I love the color. It works well with my complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by angeljoy86

I was very skeptical about purchasing blushes from benefit because of the price $$$$!!! I purchased it at my local sephora for about $36CAD plus tax. But before I purchased it, I was debating between the tarte in blissful, benefit coralista and the benefit bella bamba. I already have the NARS orgasm, but I felt that for the winter I needed a blush that's less peachy and more pink. I initially purchased the tarte blissful, but I found it to be similar to my nars orgasm (on my skin tone- medium brown) therefore I went back to sephora and the cosmetician recommended benefit bella bamba. The blush is more pink that peach on my skin tone and it has this really nice shimmer. The packaging is easy to use and the product smells good too! I found that it gave me a nice pop of colour during the cold winter months =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this blush a couple of months ago, and I reach for it often. It's a true watermelon pink with some shimmer in it. I love the color against my medium olive skin. It brightens my face but is soft and natural looking. I think this will look even better in the summer when my skin is darker. The cardboard box packaging is slightly gimmicky, but it's sturdy and doesn't bother me. I find this applies best with a long handled domed blush brush, and just one swipe lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a mini of this as a Sephora VIB and have been using it since. I think I understand why they tout this as a 3D blush. It sculpts my cheekbones and eliminates the need for sculpting and highlighting. I need to be careful with how to apply it though as it's very pigmented, unlike it's older Box-O-Powder cousins that need a bit of layering. I said yes to repurchasing but I doubt I'll ever use up my mini.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kendralovescody

I really enjoy this blush! i got a sample size from the sephora 100 points for the VIB. It is a really pretty bright pink blush. I use this almost everyday, it is my go to blush. I really recommend this blush. It is very pricey for what it is, but its pretty and smells really good.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by prettybm09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this blush. I love it because it's the perfect watermelon pink, i honestly haven't found/seen any other color like it. (Maybe I haven't looked correctly), but I could be wrong. It is so pretty on me, for reference im an NC25 and it just flatters me. It dosen't take too much product to show up, and it blends very nicely.

Now why I hate it, it's kind of expensive, $28 dollars for a blush (although it does contain more product than usual blushes, the average blush contains 5-6 grams of product, the Bella Bamba contains 8 gms) maybe that's why it costs so much. Anyhow I'd totally justify the price if the blush actually stayed on! I'm not kidding! about 2 hours after i put it on it starts to fade, by the fourth hour it's gone! I don't know what it is, maybe it's the formula?, but I have so many "highend" blushes Ive never had this problem, even the few drugstore blushes I own don't fade away that quickly. The only way I can make this blush last is with a cheek stain and Bella Bamba on top, a good way to resolve an issue, lol. Anyhow even though it's not one I'd recommend due to the poor staying power, it's a beautiful color with a pretty irridecence to it. I'd probably rebuy it (thanx to the stain ;)
    Final Thoughts:
    If your on a budget and just want one good pink blush then I'd say skip this one, but if your curious about it and have money to blow then go for it and give it a try ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by angelica24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the color but I didnt really like all the shimmer.but if you like the shimmer it great color

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by grkangel3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

this is a great blush. its like nars's orgasm but more natural-looking. i think its the better option for someone who wants that type of look but who doesn't want to look super shiny.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Bella Bamba is one of their cult classic Box-o-Powders. Bella Bamba is one of the newer Box-o-Powder, released in 2011, but it has quickly become a favorite for many, some even site it as a dupe for NARS Orgasm. Benefit calls Bella Bamba a "3D brightening pink face powder" and says that Bella Bamba will "amplify cheekbones and create the illusion of sculpted features with this 3D watermelon blush. Laced with gold undertones, Bella Bamba takes eye-popping pretty to the third dimension, - you'll never use traditional blush again." Whoa Benefit, feeling confident, are you? I got this mini version of Bella Bamba in Benefit's Sexy Little Stowaways value kit. It contains 3g (.1 oz) of product, a little more than 1/3 of the full size product. The full size box of Bella Bamba sells for $28 for 8g (28oz), giving my little sample a value of $10. This blusher was made in the USA. Benefit does not test on animals, but doesn't consider themselves cruelty free. Benefit products can be bought from the company's website, free standing Benefit boutiques, department stores with Benefit counters, as well as specialty stores like Ulta and Sephora (and their respective websites).
    Packaging for the sample size of Bella Bamba is pretty cheap. Just a flimsy black plastic compact that flips open and never wants to stay shut. The full size box of Bella Bamba is kinda beautiful though. The cardboard box is purple, shiny, and features an orange and pink design on the lid. The name of the product is written in pink lettering. On my little sample, the sticker with the same design as the box is starting to peel off, which sucks. The full size of Bella Bamba, and all Benefit Box-o-Powders comes with a natural hair brush. I'm not sure what information is available on any of the full size Box-o-Powder, but on the back of my mini Bella Bamba, I can find a description of the blush and a full ingredient list.
    Benefit Box-o-Powders are known for having excellent textures, but I feel like that isn't true for Bella Bamba. This blush is a little bit on the dry, hard side. Not so hard that this blush is a pain in the but to work with, but after experiencing Hoola's velvety soft texture, Bella Bamba kinda disappoints. Its hard to pick up a decent amount of blush without sweeping over the product several times, causing it to kick up a fair amount of extra powder.
    Bella Bamba is a fairly pigmented blush that starts of sheer but can definitely be built up to a very intense cheek color. Despite being hard to pick up on the brush, one layer is enough for fair girls like me. This blush is described as a watermelon pink and I feel like that is pretty spot on. Bella Bamba is on the warmer side and has a pretty gold sheen to it and some coral undertones. This is a pretty strong blusher for someone as pale as myself, but I find it oddly flattering. When I wear this blush I feel like its made for me. It really does define the apples of my cheeks, making me look happy and healthy. The gold sheen in this blush isn't intense on the face, but its apparent. It gives a nice glowy, flushed look. Those who prefer a matte blush will definitely want to steer clear of Bella Bamba.
    I like Benefit's Bella Bamba Blush. Its a very pretty color that I think compliments my skin very well. I think this is the ideal medium pink shade, but its pretty dupable, I think Wet n Wild's Pearlescent Pink is pretty similar. I think this watermelon hued blush would suit a variety of skin tones, but it's gold sheen would probably accentuate oily skin. I think Bella Bamba is nicely pigmented, but it's texture needs to be improved upon. I think any powder product in this price range ought to have an impeccably smooth, soft consistency. While I love the way this blush looks on me, I wouldn't splurge on the full size, though if you can afford it, it'd be a good buy. I wouldn't pass up another mini version of it though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

As with most Benefit products, I LOVE their Bella Bamba blush! It is such a gorgeous, girly pink with a shimmer of gold. It is highly pigmented and goes on very smoothly. I have fair skin and absolutely love, love this color. I have found that I need way less than drugstore brand blushes so go lightly the first time you use it.

The packaging is so cute with a built-in mirror. It stays securely closed during travels in my makeup bag, which is nice. The first ingredient is talc, so if you have any allergies to talc, be warned. I have very sensitive skin and I have never had any problems from this product. The blush has an extremely delicate, clean floral scent which is a plus but it's so light that you won't be able to tell that it is scented after you first open it.

I will definitely repurchase! I love this color and it's a refreshing break from my usual coral-pinks :)