April 25, 2014 | 1064 users online

Skincare - Face - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Zooba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow!..I used this as a makeup remover wash after reading the reviews here...I really thought it won't remove mascara & eyeliner completely or at least will leave traces..I really was surprised when I washed it with water & opened my eyes to see that every trace of make up is gone & my eyes are super clean with no rubbing at all just gentle massage..I love u baby shampoo, I love ur smell, ur color, ur gentleness & YOUR PRICE:D

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by shaybo8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Primer, two layers of cream foundation, cream blush, concealer over all blemishes PLUS my eyebrows, shadow primer, heavy purple eye makeup, eyeliner, glitter, two coats of waterproof mascara... gone in one wash with this miracle.

I'm an actress, so I had to wear that much makeup every night for TWO WEEKS. I went through a whole package (!!!) of baby wipes because I couldn't afford to use my makeup remover. Finally, half-way through our run, one of the makeup artists recommended washing my face with J&J Baby Shampoo.

It's a miracle.

Very drying on my skin, not for everyday use. But this stuff WORKS. And for less than $5? Yes, please.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by dollgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use baby shampoo on my hair every day. As a teenager I have oilyish hair and I get kind of paranoid about it getting greasy but I don't want it to be dry. Since i've used this i've had soft, shiny hair. I never thought of using this as a cleanser but i'm going to start now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this as an eye makeup remover for many years, nothing compares! It is so gentle and effective! But I have not had the courage to use it as a face wash, as I am currently using an aloe soap that my skin is very happy with.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by AyEcHiHuAhUa

This may sound strange - but this is the best face wash I've ever used. After positive reviews for this product (standard, 'no more tears' formula) as a eye makeup remover I tried it as that (extremely sucessfully). I noticed that as some of the product got on the rest of my face, like under eye area and cheeks in the process of removing my eye makeup I didn't suffer any breakouts. One day I was in a hurry and didn't feel like getting my alternate, standard, Cetaphil facial wash out, and already had the baby shampoo on my hands, so I decided to try it out all over my face just to see what would happen.
The result: my skin was extremely clean, my pores appeared minimized, and I had no need to follow up with moisturizer as it didn't dry out my skin. After a week and a half my skin is clearer and more even toned.
I've been using it for this purpose with no followup moisturizer (I have oily skin) and paried with aspirin mask, my skin has NEVER looked better in years.
I think my skin may have been suffering due to a barrage of product use, and lots of switching up moisturizers or treatments - the simplicity of the baby shampoo is superb and my skin has responded positively. I'm hesitant to say this out loud since my luck is that it will change BUT I've gone without foundation/concealer for the past two days as a result of using this product as a face wash, avoiding my usual heavy moisturizers and using aspirin mask religiously. No, my skin isn't "perfect" but it's quite a bit better than it was when I started, AND, I've not gotten one single zit in the week and a half I've used it - which, normally I'd wake up with about 3 new zits per day, minimum, and then try to combat it with aspirin mask, salt mask, hydrogen peroxide, Aquaphor, etc....
Try it, you might like it.
***UPDATE*** It's been about 2 months now, and I'm STILL raving about J&J baby shampoo as a facial cleanser. I can't see me switching to anything ever again. I have one in the shower, one in the medicine cabinet and a tiny one for travel. Still people, STILL have not had one full fledged made-it-to-the-surface zit since I started using this 2 months ago. It's my HG facial wash for sure. So glad I tried it.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by mam311

I have tried many different eye makeup removers and they all felt like I smeared baby oil all over my eyelids. Which then leaves me with little bumps on my eyelids eck!! This wash is great because it is gentle and doesnt irritate my sensitive eye area. And it's cheap!!! This also works great as a cleanser for my eyeshadow brushes. I will definately buy again whenever I run out, a little of this stuff goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sounds silly, but this really is a very good eye makeup remover. Removes mascara (I don't know about waterproof because I don't use them) very easy w/o leaving oily/shiny residue. It's quite gentle, but once got into my eye and it stung a lot (That's one lippie off). Anyway, excelent product. But they test on animals, so I won't buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by snowdust

Naztazia, you did a great job putting it in the skincare section!! =) In fact, I actually use this baby shampoo as a daily face wash! Out of all the face cleansers I've ever used, I found this the best thing to keep my face clean and soft and it's also surprising that it doesn't dry up my face at all which I expected it to since it contains sodium laureth sulphate. It's definitely a repurchase! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 4:22:00 AM More reviews by a_better_me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

after reading this suggestion, i went out to get a bottle of Johnson's Baby Shampoo in conditioning formula.
works like a charm as a 2nd step cleanser (am now using dermalogica's soothing eye makeup remover gel abt SGD 50+ for 118ml) and itz so dirt cheap (SGD4.30 for 200ml)!!

get the conditioning formula, better for eyelashes too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by LynetteB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This makes the best eye makeup remover and the price cannot be beat! I mix it up in an empty bottle in proportions of 1 part baby shampoo to 4 parts hot water. Shake gently to dissolve the shampoo. I like to dip q-tips in this to remove eyeliner and mascara. Rinse well with warm water to remove traces of the shampoo when done.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No