October 30, 2014 | 1433 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste in Espiegle [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by dulcedeleche

I am absolutely in love with this blush. I had bought it back when the Spring collection first came out and as soon as I saw it I KNEW it was made for me. I have extremely pale skin (NC 4 or 5) and was also very reluctant to wear it in the colder months but it gives my skin the glow and freshness it needs so I think anyone with very light skin could also wear it throughout the year. The texture is very silky so it can be blended easily and the gold glitter isn't very noticeable on the skin. It has the signature Chanel floral scent but it isn't very strong in my opinion. It is pricey but that's what you get for paying for designer makeup; on the bright it does give you a little more product than the average blush. Also the package does kind of feel light and a bit cheap but it's also black and sleek and comes in a velvet pouch. I definitely recommend this blush and I'm glad it's now in the permanent line!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

LOVE, LOVE this blush. It just add a beautiful glow to the face. I was so surprise the effect it made on me! (for reference i'm NC25 MAC, with golden tone) In a hurry I only put some foundation, mascara, Espiegle and Orange Euphorique from Guerlain and Voila! It was really natural but still really stylish! I just loved the effect. It is a must buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by he11ogorgeous

Love this! This blush is for many different shades, i'm medium olive toned and this comes up so beautifully. i know it looks orange in the pan but it comes out to be a pretty soft apricot. It looks gorgeous for spring and summer with a nice tan. the only problem is that the color does fade during the day on me, but i also put very litltle because i like only a hint of color. it also has a nice floral scent. this would work on pale skin as well as my skin. i don't know if it will show up on dark skin, but maybe you just need to put more than usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

such a beautiful color, i cannot praise this enough.
    - relatively sheer, but can be built up
    - gives a gorgeous glow without being glittery.
    - mostly peachy, with just a bit of pink
    - very springy, vibrant, yet natural
    - in my opinion, this is the most beautiful of all the chanel blush shades
    - goes on evenly and lasts all day
    - the only downside is the price (50$ in my country)
    - also, i dont think this would suit darker complexions since it is rather light. anyone that is medium and/or up would probably have a hard time getting this color to show up

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite JC blush yet! a beautiful peachy pink on me with a slight shimmer, that I imagine will pair well with bronzer come summer. Goes on even and smooth and doesn't turn orange and oxidize on me. NC25 for reference. Only downside is the rose smell - Chanel needs to lose it, it's totally unnecessary....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by miszieman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OH GOD.. this blush is just AMAZING..
    I LOVE the colour. Its a more peachy,less pink-peachypink colour. Which looks good on a yellow tone/warm skintones. There's shimmer but not too much, just enough to make the skin looks like it has a healthy glow. It smells amazing, like all the joues contrase, smells of roses. The packaging, well, it IS Chanel. Sleek, elegant and sophisticated. It comes with a brush, which at first i thought looked and felt a bit too rough. But after trying and using it a couple of times, its actually pretty good. It picks up lots the colour pretty well, and it doesnt feel rough on the skin at all. i have sensitive skin, so i hate using brushes that are rough and irritates my skin.

Overalls, I would LOVE to repurchase it again. LOVE the colour, the finish, the packaging, smells good, everything!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I-LOVE-IT !
    If you love blush that looks like highlight but just enough color to give you that innocent look.. this is great !
    I am sure I will be using this a lot in summer for some lovely shine on my cheeks.
    In the shop they keep insisting that this is NOT LE !
    I have asked several times and they say it will be in the permanent line ! Anyway, I am not sure about this but if they are right it is very good news for us !!!

Update 14th of March :
    I did not know there was such a difference between the European version of this blush and the American version.
    My comment up here was for the European version, the baked one. I love this blush so much that I wanted to buy a second one, so I ordered a backup in the USA without even knowing they would be different...
    What I can tell today is that the European is more of a highlighter than a blush to me, it gives a nice peachy glow with tiny sparkles (and maybe a silverish/whitish shine, sorry I cannot really describe it well).
    The other US version is more opaque but also very beautiful. I could not say which one I prefer because to me these are completely different textures and even look so different on the skin....
    Both are gorgeous, but why do they make a different one here ?
    Also the european one is 4g (0.14oz) and the USA one is 6g (0.21oz)... same compact, different weight.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

YIkes, $43!! I had a hard time getting by the price tag, but after I did I was happy to have picked this up. I got the last one and the MA really had to search for it so it was that much sweeter when she found it. I can't add anything others haven't said. It is a true peach - think MAC Ripe Peach with shimmer. MAC RP was nothing special for me and I ended up swapping it away. But THIS - oh this is so special. It is highly pigmented, buttery soft and just a hint of shimmer for the perfect spring/summer look. I happen to loved rose-scented anything so the fragrance is another plus for me. Those that are sensitive to fragrance may be a little put off, not sure. I would recommend it for sure!!! It is LE so I don't know if I will get the chance to buy it again, but I will try.
    EDIT 5/17/11: This is NOT LE like I was told by my SA at the Dillard's counter...grrrrr...anyway I just spotted it on Chanel's website and I see others have already mentioned it is perm. Nice!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this blusher. Its a really nice colour gives a lovely glow but it doesn't scream: I am wearing blusher!! Also the brush that it comes with is pretty good in comparison to brushes that usually come with blushers. The only thing that is kinda too much is the rose scent. But with all the the Chanel stuff the quality is amazing, well I guess it has to be for that price. Would definately recommend getting for fair skintones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Pinksatin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Very light, innocent, natural color. It is better to see its effect on skin in daylight. Don't try it on your hand before buying, but try it on your face. Shimmer glows just a little bit. The color is not as dark as it seems in the pan. Lasting power is good, but I have got normal to dry skin.
    Unfortunately it is only 4gr. So little product inside, as all the other Chanel makeups (lipsticks excluded).