July 29, 2014 | 2060 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i use this ', i do use it really carefully , (I use it on the 'low' setting , i make it barely touches my face , kinda glides on my face while doing its job .. It cleanses and kinda resurfaces my skin .But if you are prone to broken capillaries steer clear ,i would not recommend this brush in this case

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lolipop13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing! I love it! I didn't want to spend $200 on a clarasonic so I started looking up similar face brushes that were cheaper and found many positive reviews for the olay pro x. So I decides to get it. I have only been using it for five days with my Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser morning and night and my overall complexion has already improved and many of my breakouts and black heads have cleared/shrinken . I recommended this for any skin type!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ellablue123

Love this stuff! I'm SO glad i didnt get the clarisonic or any of the other knock-offs..

Pros:
-Can be found on the walmart website for $21!! buy it online and get it to ship to your store for free, it's cheaper than buying it in stores! And can be refunded for months after
-Scrubs and exfoliates hard. I didn't want a wimpy soft brush that did nothing.
-Gets rid of all and any dry skin
-Gets rid of any and all make up that you thought had been removed but wasn't
-Improves complexion
-2 settings, low and high!

Cons:
-Haven't noticed too much improvement on acne break outs, but it does make me feel cleaner!
-I've heard that it's not completely waterproof

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only had this product for 3 days and I'm in love. I have acne prone oily skin and this tool has instantly balanced my oil production and clarified my skin in just a few uses. This brush exfoliates so well but does not aggravate my sensitive skin and takes off the additional makeup that a face towel cannot get rid of. Since I started a few days ago, my makeup has been gliding over my face effortlessly and looks beautiful. Plus, I have not had to use as much, even though I suffer from hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks. I am really excited to see what my face will look like in a few months after using this tool daily in conjunction with the Olay Microdermabrasion kit once a week.

I purchased mine off of Amazon for less than $25 and this face brush does what it says it is going to do. FYI, it also comes with an Olay sample face cleanser but I have not used it. I use my Derma E Glycolic face cleanser with it (I highly recommend this face wash for oily skin!).

Just a couple of gripes. This does not come with a stand, so you will have to get clever with where you will want it to air dry while not in use (even though it is waterproof). This also is only battery operated, so the best option is to use rechargeable batteries (I bought the brand Sanyo Eneloop, these are the best rated rechargeable batteries on Amazon and worth the cost!!!).

Also, I have one tip. Do not use too much pressure when cleansing your face with electronic face brushes. Doing this could cause sagging and wrinkling. Using light pressure while making circular motions is very effective:)

The immediate results of your face being washed thoroughly and removing all traces of makeup off have me stunned! I'm so happy with this purchase and that I stepped out of the stone age with my face care routine (wash cloth).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I bought this about six weeks ago, and I waited to review it to see if it really makes a long term difference in my skin. I am extremely acne prone, and I have been scaling back my skincare regiment, and exfoliating a lot more. This brush is definitely HG status! I can't believe how well this works. My skin looks better than it has in years. I've even used it after my Juice Beauty peel, and there was still no irritation. This is an absolute game changer for my skin. I could never afford the clarisonic, so I'm happy Olay made a reasonably priced version. I do have a few gripes, though. I wish there was a stand, and a charger. I also wish it was waterproof, and not just resistant. I want to use it in the shower, but after a few close calls I had to stop because I'm afraid to break it. I need it to much, lol. I liked the cleanser that came with it, but not enough to purchase. I just use my unscented Ology brand soap, which you can get at Walgreen's and is AMAZING! Sometimes I mix in a little baking soda for a gentle abrasive, and my skin feels so smooth and clean. After each cleansing I use either a few drops of argan oil, or Juice Beauty blemish serum, and both soak into my skin easier. Makeup glides on, and comes off more easily. I don't know how I lived without this. UPDATE: It's been almost 4 months and this thing just keeps getting better. I tried "no 'poo" hair care and long story short it broke out my face so bad I looked deformed. This brought my face back. I am seriously considering buying a couple of back up units because I need it that much.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on the fence about this product. I decided to try it when I saw the pink breast cancer version at Target. I have been using it daily for a few weeks first with the Olay sample scrub and then with my own cleanser. I used it in the shower which is a big time saver. My skin felt very smooth afterward with no flakes and smoother application of moisturizer. For some reason I began noticing some increased wrinkling and sagging which I assumed was just part of the natural aging process. Yesterday I used this brush in front of the mirror for the first time and it was not pretty. The spinning action was literally twisting my skin all over my face. I am wondering if this action leads to stretching and wrinkling of mature skin. I don't see anything but glowing reviews so maybe this just happened to me? I would be curious if anyone else noticed this or has any thoughts. I was using the Neutrogena device which has a rough pad instead of a brush and vibrates vs. spinning. I am planning to resume that until I find out more about the spinning effect. Probably would not use again on face but don't want to waste it so maybe to exfoliate feet?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ViolettaAlexis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the worst, sensitive, acne prone skin and this has done absolute freaking wonders for it. I use a gentle cream cleanser with it and always disinfect the brush heads with rubbing alcohol before and after every use. Don't press hard on your face when using this. There's no need when it does the circular motions for you. I just let it glide over my face every so gently and let it do its work. By far, one of the best things I have ever done for my skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have never owned a Clarisonic brush, but I have to imagine that this is similar, but at a lower price-point. I received mine for Christmas in 2011. It was my favorite gift. I've had problematic skin for over 20 years, so I tend to always be on the look-out for products to help with cleansing, reducing pores, etc. I really don't like washing my face with my hands, so this is a much better alternative than a washcloth or buff puff. I wouldn't call the results miraculous by any means, but I do feel like my skin can "breathe" when I use this tool. My make-up definitely goes on smoother the next day, and I immediately have a glowy/dewy complexion. It did not get rid of stubborn blackheads for me, and did not increase cell turnover enough to reduce overall acne. But I still do believe it is beneficial to my skin & will continue to use it a few times per week. (P.S. I HATED the cleanser that came with it. After one try, I tossed it out. It was definitely NOT designed for acne-prone skin. Use your own favorite cleanser.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This recently arrived in Singapore's shores and I bought this at SGD$48 (comes 1 brush head, the tool itself and also a small sample of an olay cleanser)

SKIN BACKGROUND: Sensitive, oily and acne prone

I'm so excited that I purchased this! I have been wanting a clarisonic but it is too expensive (costs SGD$215 and above) for me right now. I decided to give this a try for now and I am happy with it! My skin never felt so clean before and my pores feels clean! Never felt that my skin could be this clean because the bristles really cleaned the skin.

I have been using this for more than a month and I am enjoying it. I use this at the low setting (there is a high and low setting) twice a day and I noticed that I get less oily and less breakouts. My acne scars are fading! I have large pores and I noticed that my pores are smaller now since it is cleansed properly which means that there is no gunk left in it = pore will be smaller and hence lesser oil production!

Really impressed with this product. The only down side is that the product is water resistant but not waterproof. I have to be extra careful when cleaning it if soap gets around the handle and such because you certainly do not want to put this under a running tap since it is not waterproof!

As mentioned above, i use this twice a day and it does not irritate my sensitive skin. I also noticed that I get lesser redness! I use the high setting once a week when I want to really exfoliate my skin because I do not want to over exfoliate till my skin break out.

Will definitely repurchase if this device is spoiled (dropped this twice and is still working good). Did not break me out. Reduced redness, breakouts and acne scaring, cheaper than clarisonic, clears out the pores and minimizes it, I get less oily (only need to blot once a day - i used to blot 3 times a day before using this!).

REALLY REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THIS. I AM SO GLAD I BOUGHT IT AND THIS IMMEDIATELY BECAME MY HOLY GRAIL SKIN CARE TOOL *thumbs up to olay! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by staceymercer17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product and it's a really good price!!! It does the job well.