December 22, 2014 | 1725 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I researched this for a few months before taking the plunge because I really wanted the Clarisonic, but the price is a put-off. I have rosacea and dry skin. I was worried about harsh bristles and heard this was very soft, softer than the Clarisonic.

The head is detachable and can be replaced very easily and is very affordable. The replacement heads are about $10 for a pack of 2. MUCH more affordable than the Clarisonic. I have had this for awhile now and have been using it every other day with great results. It is super soft and gentle but does exfoliate my face and neck. It's soft enough to use around the eyes as well. It has gotten deep down into my pores and I noticed a purging for awhile and my skin looks much smoother. Black heads are literally coming forth whenever I use it.

I am so happy I got this instead and would buy this a million times over. The battery compartment is a pain to open but I seriously don't care for the price of this and what it has done for me. My rosacea has not flared in the time I have used this. I purchased this off Amazon for $17.99. It comes with the cleanser, which is nice, but I don't think its anything special. Before this I used a manual brush every other day which worked great, but this does that extra something for my skin.

I use this in the shower (it's waterproof) with my Clean n Clear cream cleanser and move in circles in all the areas of my face for about 60 seconds like I have seen people do with the Clarisonic. I use witch hazel after and then my rosehip seed oil and moisturizer. My skin is glowing and very soft.

I hope this helps if anyone is looking to buy this over the Clarisonic. I wish I could buy it but it's just out of my price range and I believe this does a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by audreyjc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product 4 days ago. The difference in my skin in 4 days is more like the difference one might hope to achieve in 4 months. I honestly can't say enough good things about this little gadget - it is fabulous.

I am 23 with combination, acne-prone skin with some sun damage (a couple of sun spots, freckles). 4 days ago, I had a massive breakout on my chin/upper lip area, and decided to search this product out at Wal-Mart for $30. The packaging was minimal; it included no instructions but did include 2 double-A batteries required for operation, as well as a small tube of exfoliating cleanser. I have read many reviews where the user thought the cleanser "smelled funny" or "didn't work up a good lather" (btw: intense lather is not necessary for effective cleansing and might dry out your skin). I used the cleanser that came with the brush, and I am pleased with the results.

My acne breakout was gone within 2 days. I don't know about you guys, but I'm normally looking at AT LEAST a week to get rid of a major breakout. My blotchy, discolored skin is a much more even tone and my pores are perfect. I still have a few, tiny red marks from the pimples, but they are diminishing and my sun spots are significantly lighter. My skin looks like I applied a really good primer, but it's JUST my skin!

I rinse the brush after each use with rubbing alcohol to disinfect. The brush has a low and high setting; I use the high with the Olay cleanser, followed by Neutrogena toner applied with a cotton ball, followed by Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer. My only complaint with this product is that it would be nice if the head were detachable, and there were additional brush heads to purchase for different uses. However, I'm pretty happy with the one it comes with, and if you've tried an array of products to get perfect skin, I HIGHLY recommend you try this next!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

Bought this instead of a Clairisonic and did not expect it to perform at the same level, but it has been a good little tool. I do not use the cleanser that came with it as it has a fine granular texture and I find the bristles do some exfoliation as is. The bristles are not as soft as my manual Shiseido brush and the combination of the cleaner and the bristles can leave the skin a bit sensitive. I do use a toner after so perhaps that is part of the sensitivity issue.
Overall it is not a bad tool, and the first week of use I definitely noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin.
It does the job well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This tool has been an absolute god send when it comes to improving my complexion. I'm acne prone, but this brush has kept breakouts at bay and exfoliates so well--my skin looks smooth and feels so soft after I use it. I like that its versatile in that you don't have to use the cleanser it came with (not a fan of that cleanser as I couldn't get a lather going). The bristles are not harsh, but they are also not so flimsy that they don't get rid of dead skin, either.
Price wise, this is so much better than Clairsonic (which is over $100 in the states!), and the replacement brush heads are affordable as well. It can be difficult to open the battery container, though. Love that its water resistant--I keep mine in the shower and haven't had any problems with its performance.
Since it exfoliates and cleanses, I feel like my skin is more prepped for other face products (like moisturizer) and that helps the effectiveness of the other products I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ohper1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i usually cant be bothered to write much, but i enjoy this product so much that I have to give it two thumbs up! it really cleanses well and my skin is so smooth now.

even my spouse wants one for himself. love it! :)

only gripe- should have more detailed instructions on how to open the gadget to fit the batteries.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by roxyvm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great cleanser! Leaves skin incredibly smooth and removes all dirt without leaving skin dry or oily. Its just perfect. I have very dry or very oily skin depending on the season. I use it 2x/week and its awsome!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by thejazzshak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness! This makes an amazing exfoliator. It deep cleanses very well and exfoliates dead skin great. I use it once a week every week. I can't imagine exfoliating without it. The only reason a take of a lippie is because its too harsh for me to use everyday with my cleanser. Fantastic and for only $30 so worth trying.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by NorthQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have 40 year old acne prone skin. Never had acne as a teenager but have struggled with it for the last decade. I have stubborn blackheads on my nose that are next to impossible to get rid of. I have spent more money then then I like to think about on my face with treatments and expensive skincare systems. I just received the Olay Prox for Christmas and have used it morning and night for the last 5 days. It is amazing!! My blackheads are going away and my skin is soft. I was scared it would make me break out because my skin is very sensitive also. So far so good. Loving the product. My only complaint would be that Olay should have included more information on their skin care.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

Let me start off by saying I don't review skin care products because I've never found any THAT worth raving about......until now. As a 45 year old who grew up almost never having a blemish the last several years it caught up with me and I have always gotten a few hormonal pimples and such with every single period the last few years. Until now. I received this in a swap along with the pro x exfoliating cleanser. I use it daily and hVd for a month or so and this month I don't have a single bump on my face. It's perfect like I'd always been use to. I've also noticed my skin feels former and looks more glowy. I love, love, love this. I am going to remain a loyal user from now on. Time to rid of all
Of my zillions of other facial cleansers. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by gwb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Well worth the money product from Olay, which I never tried any of an Olay product before. After reading so many reviews here I decided to buy one searched everywhere, nowhere had it. I ordered from amazon, waited like 2 weeks to come, and it finally arrived.
Then that weekend i saw a huge pile of this product stocked up in my local super-cheap supermarket:((

Anyway, first off all i was not sure about how the 2 small baterries will make this little gadget work and deeply cleanse my face. But when I tried on it was magic, it came with the cleansing product in a smallish tube as well, so I got a great result on my first trial. I even noticed my unfortunate pigmentation marks slightly faded away, which I never expected this kind of result, as this is one of my facial skin concern, other than that I have pretty good skin. But again the reason I bought this was completely deep cleansing.
I wish I bought this thing before just like oral b electronic tooth brush, it cleanses whole face in no time in deepest way possible. It has 2 speed options, i use slow one and it has enough power to deeply do the job.

I highly recommend everyone to give this little beauty a try, especially who are thinking of buying the rather expensive clarisonic brush. Cause this is what I was initially thinking about it after having a nightmare dermalogica facial here in Auckland, and after feeling $100 dollars lighter and every part of my face pimples still comfortably sitting on their existing holes on my face. I think I will never have a facial in this city again. Now I have this product that I am very pleased with.

The rotating brush comes of with a simple click action, so you can clean the brush and dry it after each use, otherwise hahha in this silly place it will be covered in black mould!!! after 3 use.