Kerastase Elixir Ultime

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Zea Mays / Corn Germ Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Kissi / Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Oil / Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Coumarine, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

on 7/31/2013 12:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

In my hair, this product doesn't offer ​​the results that it promises.
I bought it for about a year and I still have half bottle.
It just makes my hair oily rather than shiny, healthy and hydrated.
I think the quality of the product doesn't match its price, about 30 euros in my country.
I was very upset about having spent so much money on a product that didn't offer the promised results, despite being a brand that I liked a lot before buying this oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I`m disappointed with this product. It is a good oil indeed, not greasy, smells good. But it is very expensive and I can get good quality products for much less.

on 7/8/2013 6:41:00 AM

After reading all the hype about this product, I was really excited to try it on my long, thick, blonde hair. I was really hoping I would love it, but it never fully lived up to my expectations. Sure, it smells lovely and makes your hair a bit shinier and silkier, but I never noticed an increase in my hair health (my main reason for buying this product). At the end of the day, this was a very expensive hair serum that simply sat on my hair, and didn't penetrate into the cuticle to improve the overall condition. If you're looking for oils to improve hair health, good old Moroccan oil or even olive oil are superior to this product, for only a portion of the price.

on 6/28/2013 9:25:00 PM

Love love love this product!

on 6/2/2013 10:02:00 PM

It has been a great serum to use on my dry, coloured, frizz prone hair. I have used many serum products over the years and always went back to Kerastase Oleo Serum. I think this one works slightly better on my hair, though it is more expensive than the Oleo one. It has a nice fragrance and it is not too overpowering. Would definitely repurchase again.

on 6/1/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is amazing. I bought the pink range. Smells like chanel. Makes your hair incredibly soft and shiny. Does not make my hair oily and a little goes a long way.

on 5/19/2013 1:36:00 PM

Very very fragrant oil that smells like an expensive oriental tuberose perfume, and this is the main reason why I avoid using it most days. It's too much for me.

It's good as a styling product that adds remarkable shine and softness to my hair and makes my almost fried ends more acceptable especially if I have had my hair blowdried. (It doesn't add much if my hair isn't styled though.)

I can't say that it has done a remarkable job repairing my highly processed hair -especially considering the price. Still, it's versatile. You can use it before the shower and leave it for a bit, on wet hair during the shower or touch up during the day.

I ask my hairdresser to mix a good amount with my hair dye once a month and that's how I'm planning to use it up. I'm not very impressed.

on 5/3/2013 5:35:00 PM

It's a nice serum...makes my hair soft and shiny...smells great.

on 4/30/2013 6:41:00 AM

So, I bought the PURPLE one ( oleo complexe+rose millenaire) for fine and sensitized hair. It's about $40 here in Jakarta. I've been using this for 2 weeks everyday as a finishing after shampooing and blow drying and after iron curling.

I have long, fine, dry, little frizzy, little split ends (damaged cause of iron curling once or twice a week) and sensitized hair.

At first i was so regret because the consistency's too runny like water. I was so disappointed cause i have to use it 2-3 pumps but it's so expensive so i gave it a try. It does leaves my hair soft, super SHINY, non frizzy, and so straight, non greasy at all. Love it. It also smells greaatttt! Not a rosey fragrance but it just so delicate and expensive, I wish could have it as my perfume! Nonetheless, I don't see does it work for sensitized hair or not. And because it's runny consistency, you just can use it for finishing, can't use it for pre-shampooing. But still, this one is another great product from Kerastase.

Recommended if you hate greasy oil and people with dry hair and fine hair. For me, i think I'll try the original one when this one runs out.

on 4/17/2013 11:45:00 AM

I have been using Elixir Ultime (for all hair types) for the last two months and I consider it is the best oil ever (and the most expensive as well). The oils that I used before mostly contained only one type of oil. And the Elixir Ultime contains the combination of 4 oils (maize/corn germ oil, argania kernel oil, camellia seed oil, pracaxi/pentaclethra macroloba oil) and it DOES make a huge difference to my hair, making the nourishing effect 3-4 times more than the other oils did for me.
I use it in four different ways: 1) after shampooing I apply it to ends as a leave-in treatment for deeper nourishment and for avoiding split ends in the future (now I hardly have any split ends at all). 2) I apply it on dry hair before styling with a flat iron for protection. 3) I use it as a finishing product to make my hair look more perfect (but unfortunately it doesnt reduce flyways as much as I would like to and sometimes I just use my nourishing cream instead). 4) Sometimes I use it also as a re-touch product
This oil makes my hair silky, soft, and shiny, and it doesnt weight my hair down or makes it look greasy. I always use only 1 pump of oil (when I had to use 2 or sometimes even 3 pumps of my previous oils to get the same moisturizing effect). The bottle contains 125ml and I think it might be enough for a year.
And the fragrance is absolutely amazing, so luxurious... I love it!
I feel like after I started to use Kerastase products the structure of my hair changed for better. If other products were just making the illusion of healthy hair just till my next shampooing, Kerastase managed to make my hair healthy from inside. This is the reason I fell in love with this brand and this what it differs from other brands Ive used. I just needed to give it a few weeks time to show the best results ever.

Popular Styling Products