April 17, 2014 | 1889 users online

Moisturizers - Sephora - Instant Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lduffalo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have semi-acne prone skin that always feels tight and dry. For me, if a product moisturizes enough it tends to be greasy and heavy. My skin always freaks out when I try new products, (even with one or two uses) so I rarely change what I use. I picked up some Bare Minerals over the weekend and I was given a sample of this moisturizer... WOW.. I used the sample 3 times and I LOVED it. My face felt soft, silky, and very hydrated all day long. I just picked up a full size container of it and I am very excited to have it in my daily routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by teacherjess

This is the BEST moisturizer I've used ever.I have oily, acne- prone, but now sensitive (thanks to retin A cream to control acne) skin and I can literally hear my pores say "awwww yeah boiiiii" when they see me get this out every AM lol. It is like a cool, hydrating drink of water for my face. It is light, almost a whipped texture, not heavy in the least but with enough oommph to leave your skin moist, hydrated, and healthy. It absorbs quickly so you can go right behind it and apply makeup with no problems. I used to use Cliniques dramatically different gel, but I had to use umpteen different mattifiers just to soak up the grease before my foundation went on. I even think this has made my complexion brighter, more even toned, and just so healthy looking. Best: no acne, because this isn't oily at all. Worst: the packaging is not the greatest. The jar is big which makes travelling a pain and a pump or tube would be more sanitary. Other than that, it is great!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by suesand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the Instant Moisturizer along with the Flawless Lotion SPF 15 and used them together. I am not acne prone or have any skin sensitivities but they gave me some clogged pores and a few zits (and this is non-comedogenic?). Transitioning into fall, I have some dry patches that my former lotions couldn't help with but the Sephora ones did alleviate it some. However, it wasn't enough and combined with the breakouts, this went back. I do think this might work better on someone with more normal than dry skin. Also, it does has a heavy fragrance and a bit of shimmer but not an outrageous amount.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like some of the other reviewers on here I also received this as a sample. I have nightmare combination skin that gets oily in the t-zone but also stays dry and damaged at the same time due to products I have to use in order to control breakouts. Luckily, this moisturizer did not give me any immediate breakouts or reactions. Maybe because it is formulated without mineral oil. However, it didn't really give me the moisture that my skin needs. Maybe I just needed to use this product for a longer period of time to see any benefits or reactions. My skin was still dry after using this all over but of course my t-zone was still mildly oily instead of extremely oily by the end of the day. I think this product might work if you have oily to normal skin but definitely not for anyone with any sort of dry skin problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I got a sample of this and tried it out on my dry skin. It's an ok product. It's thick and creamy, but it didn't moisturize my dry patches. It didn't break me out either. I really couldn't' stand the smell of this product. It has a pretty strong floral/soap scent to it. I also noticed that there are tiny glitter/sparkles in the product. I looked in the mirror and it was all over my face. I don't like to go out with glitter all over my face and I don't know if it's bad for my skin in the long run ( I have sensitive skin). Good thing I tried a sample before purchasing it. I would not purchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I may add this into my routine. I was skeptical about the "generic"
Sephora brand (although I am addicted to the store!), and when I received a sample of this in a swap, I thought I'd toss it in as someone's extra. On a whim, I figured since I'm always on the lookout for *the* moisturizer, I figured why not try it.

I am sold.

It felt thick at first, and didn't sink in right away, so I figured, okay maybe for a night cream. I didn't notice any scent either (but I'm also not sensitive to that). The first few minutes, it seemed greasy on my skin. Giving it a few more minutes, my skin drank it up and left me with a dewy (not but oily) glow. Very interesting. My skin feels plumped and hydrated, and I really like the way it feels. No irritation, either! I may just have to purchase the full size!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by princessrox136

At first I didn't enjoy the smell of this product because I am very picky about what I put on my face, but I really grew to love it when i saw what it did for my skin. At $20, it is a much cheaper alternative to many high end brands I have tried for my skin. It is very soothing and hydrating for my extremely sensitive skin. I try other moisturizers and always come back to this one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fortunately I tried a sample and didn't shell out money for this product. Great marketing, but a so-so product. It's not as moisturizing as I hoped or thought, based on the claims. It has a powdery/soapy scent, not too strong, but it's definitely noticeable. It absorbs quickly but I don't think it's moisturizing enough for a night cream or during the winter (for me, anyways). It could work as a day cream, but there are others I prefer to this. For reference, I have combo, 20-something skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like it but we just didn't click. The package was large and unnecessarily bulky. Half of it was class; 50ml for a tub that looked like 100ml. It wasn't moisturising enough for my dry skin. The scent was alright, I prefer unscented but the scent wasn't too strong. I hated the fact that it had micro-shimmer. Yes, it's fine for people who like it, but it is not mentioned on the packaging. If something has shimmer in it, I think that the product packaging should say so. The only thing I liked was the texture; it's light but not too light, not oily either. I say this would be good for people who have normal skin but all you dry skin girls, stay away~

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in January as my combination skin became more dry in the Canadian winter and my usual moisturizer was not enough. After a few months of use it really has not done much for me, and I have since gone back to my previous lotion coupled with a moisture boosting serum. The texture of this cream is nice, like a gel-cream, smells pleasant and the amount of product for the price is a good value. I found it absorbed quickly and left my face soft, and did not cause breakouts. I don't like that it comes in a jar and would prefer a pump for sanitary reasons. Though it worked at first, even with exfoliating my dry patches were still dry.