December 22, 2014 | 1778 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

(note: I did not pay full price - I waited until the drugstore had a special online and got two bottles for the price of one, and they each contain 1 oz of product)

I ordered shade 135 Creamy Natural on a bit of a whim. It looked...fine! But when it arrived, it was oh-so-much-better - this shade is more or less perfect for my awkward skin. It also goes on very smoothly; I used my fingertips to apply and then blended with one of Sephora's concealer brushes.

(I used that brush because it gives you more control than the traditional foundation brush)

Here's what I found:

Consistency: Indistinguishable from a million other liquid foundations

Smell: Hardly any

Coverage: medium-full, which somewhat contradicts many other reviews

Longevity: A good 7 hours, and longer with primer

Many people are preferring to go paraben-free; if that's the case, you need to know upfront that this foundation does contain parabens. I have my own opinion on that, but suffice it to say I'm a scientist by trade.

Other than that? This is one half of my HG! I'll review the other half separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Meggut

this product is misunderstood. this product has a full coverage, you just have to apply it correctly.if you have oily skin this product is NOT for you. however this product is great for teens and young adults. to apply this i wouldn't use a flat brush, because the foundation will come out very streaky, i recommend sponges or your fingers or a light spongy pad. i would apply concealer then the foundation and a pressed powder. if you have acne spots you will have to touch up. this product never comes out cakey unless you apply 5 coats. which i doubt anyone would do.
one thing for sure to do when using this product is to use a pressed powder when done applying this product.
good product. i love maybelline

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by AyanamiSkye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It has a runny consistency, no smell noticed, spf 18, felt silky smooth when applied and blended easily. A couple of hours after applying it I left the house only to notice my redness and blemishes coming through. The coverage is definitely light but then again it is how it's described in the product description. The staying power is poor. I always look for good staying power as I suffer from allergies and don’t want my foundation coming off when I wipe my nose. It might be perfect for those who don't need much coverage or with flawless skin. I won't wear it when I have to go out for the whole day but for short tasks and errands it's fine and it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Also would have preferred if it had a pump. Won't repurchase.

Pros:
Silky smooth and easy to blend
Doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin
Large range of shades
Maybelline offer a matching concealer and powder

Cons:
Light to very light coverage
Poor staying power
Prefer a pump

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by livinggreality

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just think this foundation is misunderstood and that's why it has received such low ratings.

First off, it says on the back of the bottle "Lets skin breathe" which should tell you right off the bat this is a LIGHT COVERAGE foundation. Don't expect to get buildable coverage with this stuff, it's MEANT and advertised to be light.
Secondly, "Matches natural tone" which implies a dewy finish, matte finishes on foundation aren't natural looking. Nowhere on the bottle or advertisement does it say that it controls oil, or is ideal for oily skin.
Thirdly, it kind of make sense that the packaging is the way it is.. I feel like if it had a pump it would always squirt out TOO much product because this stuff is so liquidy and watery. I like the packaging the way it is, if I accidentally tilt too much product onto my surface I can always just tilt it back in (sorry germaphobes, I don't mind this as I am confident in my cleanliness) and that wouldn't be possible with a pump.

With all that being said, oily skin girls will hate this foundation. It will slip and slide everywhere as it is already so dewy. Normal skin, you will neeeeed a mattifying powder. Dry skin, YOU WILL LOVE THIS STUFF!
I am oily only in my T-zone and I got tired of wearing a heavy, mattifying foundation all over my face and that's why I decided to pick up this stuff. I love it, it's so light, never cakey, looks natural and I got a PERFECT colour match with 210 (NC30). I do however NEED to set with a powder or else it will fade off patchy. I also do touch ups throughout the day.
I don't mind however, this foundation is on the cheap side of drugstore foundations in the market (6.99CAD at Target, some DRUGSTORE foundations nowadays run for $15.00... ridiculous)

It seems as though shades that end on 0 are warm, yellow toned whilst shades ending in 5 are cool, pink toned.
I would repurchase, I docked off a lippy only because the longevity of this foundation isn't the best..

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by maddiedluvs

I chose to get a cheaper foundation (color 115) when my ivory 100 in lancome ran out and it is the exact same color which is a plus. But thus foundation is on the oily side and doesn't provide as much coverage as I would have wanted. Overall it is decent but I would probably spend the extra money to get a higher end foundation next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by xjohannana

I was looking for a non-powdery foundation that would melt into the skin and look all natural. If this is what you search for, go with Maybelline's Fit Me! Although I lighten it up with my white illamasqua skin base foundation, the colour range was what caught my attention. I picked up shade 220, which is the most yellow based tone.
The foundation has a noticeable scent and is quite liquidy. It is easy to apply and blends like a dream, really sinking into the skin and creating a second skin like finish that looks absolutely radiant, fresh and dewy. There is no matte feel about this foundation, it's all reflective and glowy. Coverage is light and not buildable. On my combination skin it lasts for about 8 hours when setted with powder. I blot with oil control paper about once per wear. This foundation is definetely not for you if you have oily skin, because of the formula it will slip right off your face.
I did not get any break outs from this yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Lochinvar

I bought it because it was cheap, 40% Maybelline sale.

I have older dryer skin with few blemishes, for normal to dry skin its a winner.

Its a lightweight formula. I've tried using a brush, using a sponge to apply and fingers - application with fingers is my favourite method, I can warm the foundation with my fingers and get it a nice even finish.

I wish it had a pump applicator. The pouring from the bottle is annoying, you either get too much or not enough.

the coverage is very lightweight. If you try and put too much on it gets all cakey. You need to accept that this is a lightweight foundation that gives a coverage similar to a tinted moisturiser, so its definitely a product suited for those seeking a no makeup look, or with dry skin wanting a very lightweight look

wear - I find it lasts all day on my skin and is suitable for work. It gives a dewy finish and reminds me of a cheaper version of the Chanel Lift Lumiere. The Chanel is 10x the price but I use less of the Chanel than the Maybelline.....but I think this one will be less stress on my budget long term.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Corinahern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the hunt for a new foundation but unfortunately this wasn't for me. My skin is literally a grease ball after an hour even with no makeup. I like to feel like I'm not wearing any makeup and with this product I found myself constantly checking the mirror to make sure I wasn't caked up because it sure felt like it. It did last all day without sliding BUT it did cake! The search continues

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ohsophiesophie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wasn't impressed at all about this foundation, but wasn't expecting much in the first place! Only good thing was that I finally got a colour match, which is unbelievably rare with drugstore foundation, 110 was light enough without having pink undertone.

It didn't provide much coverage, even after primer, powder and concealer, the foundation somehow "melted" away from my face and after few hours when I look in the mirror, all my blemishes were visible! Ouch! Not meant for an oily skin at all.

Packaging was good, you can get even a small amount squeezed out and the glass bottle looks chic.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by SooziiQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this foundation because it was on sale for 1/2 price and thought I would give it a try. I think I have found my new favourite foundation.

I have fairly dry skin and this has just the right amount of moisture in it. Goes on smooth with good coverage. Paired with the Fit Me powder, it gives me a flawless complextion. I've already had several compliments on my skin since using it.