April 21, 2014 | 1017 users online

Fragrances - Escada - Taj Sunset

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by cheriebeary73

Have to admit this one smells fabulous in the bottle and on the tester card. Loved so much almost bought the bottle without trying on me but refrained. Glad I did, because instead I got a sample from Sephora and then tried on myself and I feel like I am ready for a bathing suit sitting pool side with a margarita in hand. Can't put my finger on it, but seems more beachy/vacation in Florida type scent. Not a typical "perfume/feminine" scent. Very citrus like, and not sexy at all if that's what your looking for skip this one. I think there are many other scents similar to this at Bath and Body Works for much cheaper. I really don't want to go around smelling like a ball of Oranges/Mangos/Strawberries etc.. would much rather eat that stuff and prefer to smell like a woman! lol

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by xbabe82517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is going to be at odds with all the others so far...but I really didn't like this! I bought this without even sampling it first as they had no tester in store, but as I have liked a few previous LE Escada summer fragrances and this one had rave reviews, I decided to go ahead and purchase anyway. Got it home and was so disappointed! The scent is exceptionally artificial, cheap and nasty. It doesn't develop at all. This scent is supposed to have a coconut base note but I don't detect anything except the mangoes and blood oranges. The scent is very fruity and fresh but it has no dry-down and smells almost identical to The Body Shop Mango body butter...in fact, I think the body butter smells a bit better! This scent is very sweet, far too sweet and not in the slightest bit sophisticated...but then I guess I am expecting far too much from an Escada scent. My usual scents are Chanel 'Coco Mademoiselle', Jean Paul Gaultier 'Classique', Armani 'Idole', and Lancome 'Miracle Intense'. All seriously classy scents, but all rather strong and sensual. I decided I wanted something a bit lighter and fresher for summer...but this just smells cheap and nasty to me. If I smelled this on someone, it would actually make me step back. If the fruity top notes settled into something softer, warmer and muskier like some of the other Escada scents do (I own 'Sunset Heat' and 'Pacific Paradise') then I'd give it a chance. But I bought this perfume today and tonight it's already on eBay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Escada is my favorite brand of perfume period, Moonsparkle, and Oceanlounge are two of my favorites...However they have now been replaced in my heart by Taj Sunset. It smells like pure deliciousness, juicy bloodoranges and mangoes with a slight vanilla sandalwood tang. Everyone whose smelled it on me has loved it too, its an eau de toilette which I don't mind because most perfumes give me bad migraines and I dont mind reapplying later in the day. The bottle is pretty too, the only con I can think of is the fact that they're scents are limited edition. I bought the 73 dollar one and I might end up buying a back up because I like it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by TopNotchCherrii

I received a sample of this the last time i was in Sephora with my purchase. I used the entire sample within one day because I couldnt get enough of the smell. Its the perfect spring/summer blend of tropical paradise. ha. Even wearing it on a rainy day just uplifted my mood. This scent is fun fruity and flirty. Hearing that its LE i need to stock up and now!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by caileydawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been on a makeup, perfume, and hair product fast for a while, and when I smelled the tester at Ulta for this not too long ago, I fell in love! Its been so tempting to go in and buy it but i can't! This would be the perfect fragrance for summer. It smells like a body mist but with the staying power of a perfume. When I sprayed my wrist, I smelled it all day, and got compliments on it that day! haha

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by niczal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Can you be addicted to a perfume? Yup...this perfume is my addiction. I bought a big bottle of this liquid summer sunshine and could not be happier! I smell a sweet orange-mango, but it stays warm and keeps from getting cloying-maybe it is the sandalwood? I don't smell any musk whatsoever, thankfully, because musk smells like dirty wet dog on my skin. On drydown, I get a bit of sweet coconut and something warm and tropical. Then, it is gone. This fragrance doesn't last very long on my skin, but it is such a gorgous scent, I happily reapply it once or twice a day!! It does last longer if I spray it on my clothes or hair. But this was love at first sniff. I have used it every day since I purchased it. It is getting me through this gloomy winter!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Rockabilliette

Woohoo! I had an ulta reward certificate for a free fragrance up to 45$. I picked taj sunset gift set containing the perfume, lotion amd body wash- for free! Score!! The perfume itself is very sweet. On me, it smells like bright citrus fruits- mainly orange. I don't smell a coconut cream note as stated by escada- but it is definitely a tropical summer vacation in a bottle! I feel very summery wearing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kkfashionista

It's not my beloved Rockin' Rio - but Taj Sunset is a fruity blast of summer. I just love it! I got it in a pack with a 1 oz bottle, a shower gel and a lotion (mini sizes) for $40 at Ulta. If I start going through this fast, I may need to upgrade to the larger bottle. So far, I'm happy with it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by caramelhunie

This fragrance opens with oranges and sugary sweet mangoes...reminds me of a fruit cocktail drink, I would love to drink something like this. Anyhow the mango stays put through the drydown, when I put my nose up close, mangoes is all I smell. For some strange reason, when I get whiffs of it from far away, it reminds me of gummi bears! It has a candy sweetness like when you first open a bag of gummi bears. It's so delicious! I wished I would have went for the $70 bottle now, I see myself using this one up fast. And as with all Escada fragrances, I wish it lasted longer and was stronger. But 5 stars for this one, it is my new fav Escada.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by CouturexFashionista

Escada has been a favorite perfume company of mine for a while. I can even remember the first Escada perfume I had which was Rockin' Rio. They have a signature sweet smell that is very attractive to the consumer. Taj Sunset grasped my eye when it was standing on Sephora's shelfs on it's new display I smelled it and immediately put it back, it was SO good, but I was on a NO PERFUME buying month. I went back this week and for $40 (not sure) I purchased the small bottle of Taj Sunset. It has a summery, sweet smell. My boyfriend swares I smell like a bouquet of fruits when I wear it. If you like sweet scents this is absolutely for you!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No