October 26, 2014 | 1503 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Holyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The organic version of Desert Essence's jojoba oil is far nicer than the standard version. The organic is much richer. I've never seen the organic in any store, and I've ordered it online a couple of times. I'm thinking of trying an almond oil when I run out of the jojoba I have left, but for right now, I'm using the organic jojoba. I love it for skin and hair. I sometimes use it for a facial massage before I wash my face. Oils make great moisturizers, and a little goes a long way.

*Please see my review for Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by suarezcf08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have really oily skin and large pores on my nose, but need a good moisturizer to prevent fine lines and dryness from occasional BP creams. Jojoba oil really, really works. It is absorbed by your skin really fast, and is a great carrier of BP creams. It actually makes it more effective. A pimple honestly faded overnight when I placed my spot-treated a BP cream after putting on jojoba oil over my entire face as moisturizer. Will never be without this for moisturizer at night. Not as great though under make-up, but perfect for me as a night-time moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I'm so glad I found this. . .I started using jojoba oil a few years ago when it was recommended to me by a co-worker as my skin was literally shedding and flaking yet oily all at once. I love that it has no scent, absorbs quickly and leaves no greasy after-feel. A single bottle containing 4oz/118mL will last me about 6 months and I use this all over my face, hair and body too. I have tried other brands but always come back to Desert Essence.

I have combination skin and this works well for me as:

a) make up remover/cleanser, I just apply to either dry or damp skin and remove with a wet, warm face cloth and scrub gently to remove all traces of make-up, or apply on a cotton pad and press onto lashes for 10 seconds before wiping to remove mascara
b) apply after cleanser to face, neck and eye area to moisturise skin, works great to relieve dryness and redness after Retin-a, or BP acne treatments/sulfur or any other acne products
c) use as a body oil on slightly damp skin after showering - relieves dryness and scaly skin
d) apply a few drops to hair after washing, and leave it in instead of conditioner or leave-in conditioner, and I spread this evenly over mid length and ends only.

I would and do repurchase, it's multi-purpose and has never irritated my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by glamourclaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this to remove my eye makeup before washing off with a face wash, and to make a sugar scrub in the bath or shower. A good basic product, will always have a use in my household.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

h, this is good stuff.I have the 4 oz bottle. No fragrance, no additives, just 100% pure jojoba oil.Great for the ends of my hair every day- I use a bbb to distribute the oil.Also I add it to my conditioners to make them more emollient. When I run out, I'll definately buy more!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a good product for my face. Tried this a few times over the years with disastrous results. HUGE pimples all over my cheeks. It is not bad for use on hair or nails, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a huge fan of jojoba oil for general skin use, which is what I originally bought it for. It doesn't do too much for me; breaks my face out in particular. I've been having some itchy dry scalp--I do really enjoy it for hair use. I've also been using a bit before shaving to prevent razor burn and such. I'd probably buy again, but I wouldn't be in a huge rush to go out and repurchase. It has a good shelf life too. The Desert Essence website says 3 years.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by swethatelkar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love jojoba oil for my hair. We Indians have always believed in oils for conditioning our hair. I was using castor oil and coconut oil for the most part when one of my favourite beauty gurus raved about its benefits for hair, I had to get it. She also mentioned that jojoba oil is the closet match to the natural sebum that our bodies produce, so it the skin doesn’t see it as an alien and accepts it better .I leave it on as an overnight treatment and wow the results are amazing. I don't even use a conditioner after I wash my hair. I just use a leave in condition and I'm done. I think it also does a good job at controlling frizz. I want to try it on my face as a night time moisturizer; I have used oils on my body and hair all my life and none of the oils have broken me out. So, I will definitely give it a try. Also with this oil, it feels very light weight and doesn’t weigh my hair down. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I have sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin and have struggled foreverrrr to find a decent moisturizer that is light but hydrating, natural and doesn't irritate or break out my skin. Found it! Organic jojoba oil is great, it's a bit expensive but you only need a couple of drops for your whole face and neck. I like to mix about 3 or 4 drops of jojoba oil with 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil, I find it hydrates but helps clear my pimples as the tea tree oil acts as an antiseptic. Also I don't like the smell of jojoba oil, it's not strong but by itself I find it's a bit icky.
I wouldn't give it 100% as in the Aussie summer (super hot & humid) it stays a bit greasy and doesn't feel like it absorbs as much into my skin, but it's probably the best facial moisturizer I've found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Like many of y'all, I'm obsessed with this stuff. Definitely, far and away, my HG skin product.

I have always had a lot of skin problems... My skin is extremely dry but still gets pimples, and it's so sensitive it breaks out in a red, painful rash whenever I put almost anything on it, especially anything with parabens. Finding a cleanser and/or moisturizer that works for me has been a lifelong process (still working on the cleanser) fraught with much trial, error, and frustration.

Before finding jojoba oil I had been using nivea cream since I was a kid, basically because it was the only thing that didn't break me out and that did something to help heal the dry patches on my face. But Nivea is chock full of mineral oil and often gave me breakouts anyway, smells like an old lady (my boyfriend's words), and sits on your face forever before it finally decides to sink in. So yeah, I was tired of it, but kept using it because it seemed to have a monopoly on not totally destroying my skin. Then I read about jojoba oil and decided to buy it at Whole Foods on a whim, thinking I could at least use it as a body moisturizer if it broke out my skin.

When I bought this stuff I was going through a bad allergy/irritation breakout, and the rash was just starting to clear off my face, leaving me with rough, dry skin. I am not kidding you when I say jojoba oil cleared my skin up faster than I've ever seen it heal before!!! I've continued to use a few drops on my face as a moisturizer a couple of times a day, and I've seen amazing results. I don't use Nivea *at all* any more. It's that good. It doesn't feel nearly so heavy and it penetrates skin much more quickly. It just feels... natural... like it's supposed to be on your skin. I also like how I can easily and quickly apply more to particularly stubborn dry spots.

Lately I haven't been using really any cleanser to speak of. Just warm water and a wash cloth, followed by a few drops of jojoba oil every morning and night. Maybe a scrub once a week. My skin has hardly ever looked better!!!! If your skin sounds anything like mine.. dry, sensitive, irritated, annoying... you should try this!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No