December 21, 2014 | 1493 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorburst (All colors)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

At first I thought these were really great glosses. But after using them for a while, I'm not that impressed.

Smell: These have a very weird smell that I can't put my finger on. Maybe I have a rancid one?

Texture: Glittery ones are a bit gritty IMO. I often times find that the glitter gets inside my mouth and I can feel it against my teeth. Yuk. The non-glittery ones are smooth, but both kinds bleed/travel like crazy.

Lasting power: Poor. Reapplication is required about every 30 minutes.

The biggest complaint I have is that they don't stay put. I hate it when gloss looks good for about 10 minutes, then travels in every direction on your lips, making you look sloppy. I won't be repurchasing these, nor will I be keeping the few that I have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've 5 these in 4 colors: BORDEAUX (berry/plummy color), FIRE (red), STRAWBERRY (pinkish coral with sparkles, no red as strawberry), and SIENNA SPARKLE (brownish/copperish brown). Bordeax is my favorite and I've 2 (one for purse and one at home) and it's the most flattering on my face. I haven't tried Fire yet...keeping it for my hot dates. It is easy to apply and sort of OK for lasting power as I often sip water.

I must say Bordeax is also sexy... be careful if you are NOT in the mood for flirting. It can send the wrong signals :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

I received a sample of the Hot Pink shade in a Target beauty bag promotion. Although the hot pink looked like a very bright shade, it goes on very sheer. This is a good thing if you like a natural look, but I was hoping for a little more color. Another problem I had with this shade is that it had way too much glitter. My lips looked like a disco ball! Somehow, even after the color wore off, the glitter remained in place, scratching my skin with its unpleasant grainy texture. My lips were very dry at the end of the day. Overall, I did not enjoy this product and am very glad that I got to try it out for free instead of spending several dollars on a full tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by saartjesmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got to try this out in Hot Pink with the "Target Beauty Is My Bag" promotion. Since it's a little try-me packet, I can't say if I'm fond of the packaging or not. I am a very fair, dark haired brunette with blue eyes, and I have to say that the pink was really pretty on me! A little bright, but I'm a wee bit scared of bright lips because I'm more of a natural look girl. The texture was nice, not too gooey or liquidy, and stayed in place pretty well. My biggest complaint is the glitter in this shade. It's microfine and silver, so, while I like shimmer in lipglosses, this is a little too obviously 'glitter' for me. Plus, after the color and formula wear off, the glitter somehow... stays in place? Natural lips + oodles of leftover glitter = WTH? It also got all over my face around my lips (nose, chin, some on cheeks, etc). So I ended up with a lovely "glitterbeard" effect. While the color is pretty, I'm going to pass on buying the full-size. When I'm in the mood for bright lips, I'm pretty sure I can find a nice hot pink gloss that doesn't give me a beard made of glitter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

While someone who dislikes sparkle might object to these, not all of them have the same amount of sparkle or pigment. You can clearly see it in the store lighting. The lighter every day shades are light, because they just are. Most people like those neutral every day shades. There are plenty of brights to choose from. Hot Pink, Papaya, and Strawberry are perfect for Summer. These are a gel gloss, and they are similar to Chanel. Not the same as the S.L. glosses, but both formulations are outstanding for a drugstore product. Rosepearl is pretty pigmented. Ladies who like a gloss for daily wear would also like these and could wear them alone with no bleeding outside the lips. If you want more color, just layer them over your lipstick. I do that with high end brands, too. The applicator may look strange to some, but it works. It's a rubber sponge and it's soft. Some doe foot applicators can wear down over time and scratch your lips, but that won't happen with these. It keeps it's shape and gives an even amount of gloss. If it's not shiny, then you're not applying it the right way. Most complaints I hear from women with my job are they hate a certain product for certain reasons, but it's usually because the product is not being used right. I don't see how the shade range is limited... Some stores only stock a few shades, so find a store that has all of them. There is a pink, lilac pink, nude, violet, mauve, peach, red, pink/red, coral, burgundy, bronze, sienna/cinnamon, rose and even a hot pink on the cool side. With fifteen shades, there are several options.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ilovethings

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im so mad at this product. I see the ads with Jessica Alba and her lips look sooo shiny and full of color. BUt these glosses just dont do it for me. The color isnt all that intense and glossy shine? Nowhere to be seen! Within about 30 minutes of applying, it looks like Ive been stuffing my face with some really oily fried chicken. Yes!! Greasy looking lips. The formula i just very thin for what the product claims to be. "super shiny, intense, glosssy" and what not. Another thing..I do not like doe foot for lip glosses. Its like wiping off the gloss while ur trying to put it on. Totally defeats the purpose. I wish ALL lipgloss packaging would indicate if its a brush or doe foot. Then i wouldnt waste my $$ waiting for the "surprise" once I open it. I would not buy these again. Ill just use them at work as my spare lipglosses and keep reapplying till its all gone. The ads in magazines and commercials totally fooled me. Shame on me! *******************So this is an update review. I had to keep using these until they were done becasue i wasnt just gonna throw them away. I began to really like these alot. The doe foot really isnt as annoying as i thought it would be. It grabs enough product and is really soft. ive actually been having a hard time finding glosses that arent so sheer, so these are the only ones I see that do have pigment and shine. Ive grown to like the wierd flavor of it and i definitely plan on buying more before they get discontinued or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by jdconner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these in 6 colors-- hot pink, fire, papaya, peony, bordeux, and strawberry. these are interesting glosses, because they aren't sticky, but they aren't completely smooth either. some of them have fine glitter, but it makes the texture unique, and i kind of like it. i will definitely work my way to getting the whole line. they are a tad expensive, around 8 bucks, but walgreens sometimes has them online for 4.99, and run specials at BOGO 50% off, so that's how i got so many of these. you just have to be on the look out for them!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I'm on the fence about these glosses. On the plus side, these have:

- Good color payoff in one swipe, especially Strawberry, the bright reddish pink.
- A lot of sparkle in them without being frosty or gritty.
- Non-sticky texture.
- Nice packaging - kinda reminds you of Chanel, no?
- Great color selection. You're sure to find something you like.

The downsides are:

- It's pretty expensive (~$7.50) for a drugstore gloss.
- The applicator is this weird, awful paddle shape that isn't angled and makes applying difficult.
- It has a buttercream scent, which I personally don't like much (though it doesn't last).
- There isn't a lot of emollient base (clear jelly stuff) in these glosses so the colors tend to sink into my liplines.

So overall, they're decent. A lot of it comes down to personal preference, like the scent and the applicator. I think they're worth trying, and I would probably buy again if I run out and if they're on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by maybemaybenot

I love these. There awesome. Super pigmented to. I bought 6. And I love them all

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by dreamsecurity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the new shade "Bronze Shimmer" because it reminded me of the Chanel gloss, "Unity." Both have silverish bronze look in the tube, and I just hoped it would mimic the latter's ability to go from an almost grayish brown shimmer to a warm, fleshy bronze.

It did! The gloss itself feels strangely creamy--it's not a sticky, slick consistency. On the lips, it starts out looking kind of..."off", but within a minute of being applied, it melts into the lips to give a beautiful summery bronze. There are no orange undertones to this bronze, so it's very neutral. This looks gorgeous with a smoky eye and a pale pink blush. I can't feel the glitter at all--again, the creamy consistency feels very moisturizing and not tacky.

Overall, I highly recommend this gloss, especially if you are a fan of Chanel's "Unity." It's an excellent dupe.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No