April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorburst (All colors)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by jdconner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these in 6 colors-- hot pink, fire, papaya, peony, bordeux, and strawberry. these are interesting glosses, because they aren't sticky, but they aren't completely smooth either. some of them have fine glitter, but it makes the texture unique, and i kind of like it. i will definitely work my way to getting the whole line. they are a tad expensive, around 8 bucks, but walgreens sometimes has them online for 4.99, and run specials at BOGO 50% off, so that's how i got so many of these. you just have to be on the look out for them!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I'm on the fence about these glosses. On the plus side, these have:

- Good color payoff in one swipe, especially Strawberry, the bright reddish pink.
- A lot of sparkle in them without being frosty or gritty.
- Non-sticky texture.
- Nice packaging - kinda reminds you of Chanel, no?
- Great color selection. You're sure to find something you like.

The downsides are:

- It's pretty expensive (~$7.50) for a drugstore gloss.
- The applicator is this weird, awful paddle shape that isn't angled and makes applying difficult.
- It has a buttercream scent, which I personally don't like much (though it doesn't last).
- There isn't a lot of emollient base (clear jelly stuff) in these glosses so the colors tend to sink into my liplines.

So overall, they're decent. A lot of it comes down to personal preference, like the scent and the applicator. I think they're worth trying, and I would probably buy again if I run out and if they're on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by maybemaybenot

I love these. There awesome. Super pigmented to. I bought 6. And I love them all

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by dreamsecurity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the new shade "Bronze Shimmer" because it reminded me of the Chanel gloss, "Unity." Both have silverish bronze look in the tube, and I just hoped it would mimic the latter's ability to go from an almost grayish brown shimmer to a warm, fleshy bronze.

It did! The gloss itself feels strangely creamy--it's not a sticky, slick consistency. On the lips, it starts out looking kind of..."off", but within a minute of being applied, it melts into the lips to give a beautiful summery bronze. There are no orange undertones to this bronze, so it's very neutral. This looks gorgeous with a smoky eye and a pale pink blush. I can't feel the glitter at all--again, the creamy consistency feels very moisturizing and not tacky.

Overall, I highly recommend this gloss, especially if you are a fan of Chanel's "Unity." It's an excellent dupe.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by TopNotchCherrii

I own the 4 lightest pinkish shades (gloss) of this collection and like i have stated to friends this collection size/style/pigmentation is by far the best that they have came up with in well forever..
there is a scent imo its a vanilla type sent. which isnt too bad, actually its quite nice. after using conceler on my lips as a base with a little liner this gloss just works. The price is unbeatable for the amount of product you get. MAC dazzleglass is around $18.50 and this is under $10.00. I am very satisfied with this line and will be heading out the door to restock soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Revlon has really upped their game with the new Colorburst glosses. The new packaging almost looks like a Chanel Glossimer and some of the shades are very similar, too. The formula is nice - no taste or smell and they are not sticky at all, which is okay but they don't last as long as some of their stickier counterparts. They have a nice selection of colours, some with shimmer and some without. My only complaint is the applicator. I prefer a doe foot wand, which they have, but it feels very cheap and they are not tapered like other brands and just don't apply as well, IMO. Still, it is a great product and I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by ebrhoades

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have three of the colors and all are fabulous. The consistency is moisturizing and not sticky or tacky. Colors are slightly more sheer than they look in tube - but to be expected with a lipgloss. I wear them alone or with lipliner. Wonderful product for the price. ** colors are crystal lilac and peony ** very light blue pink and pale peach/pink

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by janeleeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Fire. It's a very pigmented red gloss, more like a liquid lipstick. Use a little bit for a sheer but noticeable wash of color or wear it heavier for a full-on red lips look. Wears for a while, so it doesn't just slip off the lips.

I also had it Papaya, but hated the almost grainy texture the shimmer gave to it. Used it only once before giving it away.

Very beautiful packaging, but the formula isn't so special that I'd buy Fire again if I ever ran out of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use the hot pink with baby pink,the soft nude with pink ice,the lilac with orchid,the mauve with crystal lilac overall good for summer when you want a thinner lipstick and lip gloss.could be a little stickier and could last longer...the same for the lipsticks...a bit thin formula...there is only the soft nude that is creamier and that it last...so,that's why i use both:lip gloss and lipstick ,so that it last longer!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by vidz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

After ages of lurking around, my first review!

I bought this yesterday on a whim. I got rosegold, nothing special, just the usual pretty peachy pink colour I always get. I was really pleasantly surprised by it. It was sheer but really moisturizing, NOT STICKY and smelled faintly of vanilla. I knocked off a point for price. It cost SGD19.90 here which is ridiculous for a drugstore product. But in asia, we're are constantly being ripped off by cosmetics companies. We never have BOGOs at the most 30% off.

I really love the packaging as well, very luxe. I want to try the iced mocha next.