Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow

3.3

on 9/1/2003 7:41:00 AM

I have one of these in a beautiful turquoise, it could be plum, yellow or even black and I wouldn't notice. If you like sheer colors they might work for you, but I never managed to make my eyes look anything but awful with this one. Applied with a brush you don't even notice you put it on, and applied with a sponge or even a wet sponge it just looks awful, yuck.
A pity.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got several EA eyeshadows as part of a GWP and I was very unimpressed. The texture of the shadows was very silky, almost creamy (hence the rating of 2 lippies) but they refused to show up on my lids. Keep in mind that I am white as a ghost and have no problem with even notoriously unpigmented e/s showing up on me (i.e. L'Oreal Wear Infinite). I'm glad I didn't spend any money on these because they ended up in the trash.

I like these shadows! I don't know the exact names, but I have a light, sheer pink and a dark, sheer brown. They look amazing mixed together, and the texture is smooth, and easy to apply.

on 7/2/2003 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

ooh..these eyeshadow are so nice, the color range is big texture is great, well pigmented, soft and blendable, im sold :D

on 6/22/2003 7:35:00 AM

i bought the 25 dollar big red pallete online. wrong move!!! they really really suck! all the 20 some colors look so pretty in the pallet but once i put them on they have no colors! everything look like loose white powder on my eye... sucks! dont ever buy it!

on 5/6/2003 11:44:00 PM

I have this in Teak, which is a milk chocolate-like colour. The eye shadow is smooth and has a nice consistency. It is moderately pigmented and stays on pretty well.

on 4/9/2003 9:28:00 AM

I'm a big fan of palettes, & since I have a few magnetic ones, I'm always looking for eyeshadow in the pan form. These are available for a reasonable price on their own, or with a duo compact. A decent collection of soft, pretty colors that are smooth & long-wearing. If you're the DIY palette type, run (don't walk) for these! By the way, they fit into the MAC small 15-well palette perfectly.

on 4/9/2003 12:55:00 AM

Pretty packaging, but substandard shadows. I purchased two of these in shades of grey, and I hate them!

They make my eyes look dirty, and smudge quite a bit.

Great packaging, but wildly overpriced. No better than many drugstore brands.

on 3/10/2003 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Best eyeshadow I've ever used. Soft, blendable,good pigment, stays on.The texture is unbeatable. Ditto for the eyeliner, the best! I don't like any of the other products, however.

on 2/11/2003 4:11:00 PM

I recieved a GWP of two of these eye shadows and they are just beautiful! So I decided to try them out and love them! Very smooth and easy to apply. Can be layered for a more dramatic look. I haven't tried them wet for a liner since I'm unsure if these can be used this way or not. The colors lasted all day on and really looked fabulous on! I was impressed and will definitely be checking these out at the counter the next time I'm near one! I do hope that the regular sized shadows are better planted in their palettes however. Because the GWP ones seem to be a little loose and may need some gluing. We'll see =)