Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's okay. The old formula was much better beyond comparison. It's a bit hard to blend so don't dot it all over your face. Start at one side and work your way out. It transfers. Sets quickly. I managed to stay oil free for 2 hours; the longevity isn't that great, it became patchy and uneven within 8 hours. And it broke me out. Isn't that just lovely.

on 8/28/2014 11:08:00 PM

love love love no break outs ! and cheap!!! covers a lot even acne scars works for me ! and for 10 bucks cant beat it !

on 8/8/2014 6:41:00 PM

I love it but hate it, looks good but if anything touches it , it comes off and it's a bit Dewey, so when you hug someone and your face touches they're shirt it leaves a mark and it's embarrassing !!

on 8/8/2014 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my hg face makeup! Being the only kid with bad breakouts in my class, I needed something more than just a simple bb cream to cover them. I have the revlon colorstay powder that works amazingly and the concealer that also works great. I also would sometimes be wearing it and my dad would even comment "are you wearing makeup?" Or "your face has really cleared up today!" This product has really boosted my confidence and I love it! Would totally recommend.

on 8/3/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have normal to dry skin, but they didn't have my color in normal to dry skin, so I bought combination oily. This is probably the cause of my dislike for the foundation. It was dewy the entire day, even when I set it with powder. Repeatedly. I could feel it melting off of my face through the day, and foundations never get oily or greasy on me; this is the first and hopefully last. The worst was when I got home and took a good look in the mirror. It was so splotchy, oxidized, and awful that I immediately took the bottle and put it back in its bag to return. I have pretty uneven, splotchy skin, so I need a good full coverage foundation to cover it all up, not make it look ten times worse. I plan on purchasing the normal dry one to see if it was just my bottle or something, but I'll edit my review then. I would not buy this formulation again.

on 7/30/2014 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ive been using this foundation for about the past 2 years, but lately ive gotten sick of it. I noticed it feels heavy and kind of gross on my skin, especially in summer. I exfoliate my skin every other day and it feels baby soft and smooth, but for some reason when I apply this foundation it amplifies any imperfection on my skin and gives the skin between my eyebrows a gross bumpy texture. i also feel like after about 6 hours this foundation wears off and i can see my acne scars underneath. i feel like im better off using my garnier bb cream because i get the same results at the end of the day, but with the bb cream my skin can actually breathe. and the thing that annoys me most about this foundation is that even after taking off my makeup with a towelette and 5 minutes of scrubbing my skin with st ives apricot scrub, the next day ill wash my skin with a facial brush and makeup is still coming off on it. it is virtually impossible to get this makeup off your skin. I rated this a 3 because I did love it at one point when I first tried it 2 years ago, now im just sick of it.

For those who suffer from foundation disappearing or turning into an oil slick in heat and humidity, this foundation is a godsend. Yes, it smells of chemicals and it's not for those with dry skin. And there's a low SPF so you'll need this in your primer or powder. But if you have combination or oily skin, maybe some spots or pigmentation you need help in covering and prefer or don't mind a matte finish, this is what you need in your life. The effect is natural and coverage is medium to full. But you have to work fast to blend it in and it's definitely best applied with a brush. I use Golden Beige on my NC25-35 skin (varying according to season). Though technically this shade suits me perfectly when I'm NC25-30, most of the year I use Laura Geller Balance n' Brighten powder with SPF 15 over it in Fair but in summer I use B&B in Medium without SPF and the overall colour is perfect. I have other foundations I love for different reasons but for hot, sticky days or tropical moments(!), this ones is the best. And it doesn't break out my somewhat sensitive skin.

on 7/17/2014 11:54:00 AM

This is my HG foundation absolutely love it! Since Estee Lauder double wear changed its formula and became useless I called upon this..I used to use it back when I was 15 or 16yo when I suffered from acne and frankly forgot about it until I saw it mentioned in a post. The color match is amazing for me...I'm a Sand Beige and have never found a foundation that matches my colour perfectly until this! it covers so well and evens out my complexion and best of all LASTS and stays matte all day!!! Please Revlon..don't change a thing like so many brands do. Why fix what's not broken! It doesn't bother me that it doesn't have a pump..only means you can use every last drop! so glad I rediscovered this amazing product :)

This is a dupe of the mac studio fix fluid and I suppose it's okay for its price if your buying higher end foundations all the time (e.g Mac, NARS and Bobbi brown). The good thing is you can get it to match your skin type and it matches most peoples skin tones perfectly. It's best to apply with your fingers rather than with a brush. The only bad things about it is the fact it doesn't have a pump and you have to constantly tap it on your hand to get it out..

on 7/11/2014 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favourite foundation, even over the many ones from sephora and mac that I've tried. It stays matte all day and lasts about 10 hours on my oily skin. I didn't rate it a 5 because I would like it to have a pump, and also it's pricey for a drugstore foundation (I payed $20 Canadian) It's very easy to apply, not too thick, it didn't oxidize on me and looks natural. Coverage is medium but is buildable to full coverage.